Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spirit for Freezealot ?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Nubi, May 19, 2005.

1. Nubi

Nubi IncGamers Member

Spirit for Freezealot ?

Hello good people, I've just read the guide for a holy freeze zealot by kitriara, and I'm just wondering if Spirit in a Gilded or Royal Shield would make a useful substitute for HoZ ? I have not HoZ nor do I believe I can afford it :/

I know Rhyme is also out there, would it be a better bet ? It has higher % block but lower res all (well except for poison) and lacks the +2 skills of Spirit.

Also I'll be using Duriel's Shell, so Cannot Be Frozen is really not an issue.

Any other ideas for a decent (but cheap) shield are welcome :)

2. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

well, rhyme gives increased block, which does lower your dex requirement by quite a bit. However, spirit gives the +skills and slightly higher resists. Its your call, really. The best "substitute" would probably be a stormshield or mosers blessed circle, but as you need some +skills, then go with what you want.

--welt

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

mosers and stormshield are pretty cheap both of them, mosers can often even be achieved free...
    If you are on non-ladder, Sanctuary (ko ko mal) is cheap too ;)
    you will need better block than spirit/rhyme can give you.
    Oh, almost forgot. Gerke's Sanctuary (pavise) is great too, resists, block, all ;)

4. eelnala

eelnala IncGamers Member

If he can't afford HoZ, then I'm pretty sure that Stormshield and Sanctuary are out of the question.

I happen to like Spirit in a gilded shield. My pally used it for a long time before I found my first and only HoZ. The resistances were exactly the same when I put a pDiamond into the HoZ, except for one of them.

Of course, HoZ has that +2 combat skills.

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

I love Spirit r/w for pally sheilds! I made a pally when i had crap and he used a Spirit Sacred Targe as i figured its low str and highest blocking pally shield :p Sure gilded kindda looks cool but with max HS max blocking isn't too hard to acheive with that sacred targe :p Since then he has upgraded to a HOZ but i still keep it for a future project - berserking pally lol (passion cryptic,highlords,etc)

6. Nubi

Nubi IncGamers Member

You're right, I cannot afford Stormshield, that's for sure :)
    As for Moser's I suppose I could find one, but then again I might just go straight for HoZ.

Anyway I'll make a Spirit for now, it's not as if the runes are worth anything anyway (most expensive is amn :lol:)

Thx for your help.