Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spire and Bishibosh

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by MadMardigan, Feb 6, 2004.

1. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Spire and Bishibosh

Hey all,

I posted these questions in the dailies, but got no response, so I'm making a thread with renewed hope. Here goes!

1) I found an ethereal Spire of Honor. Good merc weapon? What should I socket it with? An Amn? Or a Shael/Jewel of Fervor? Or something else? Salmon's Might merc's damage nearly tripled with this thing on. Currently he's wearing Tal's Crest and Toothrow.

2) Bob the Hammerdin decided to run normal Bishibosh for a bit at lvl 12, with the Angelic Set's 140 MF (two rings), for TC3 sets and uniques. DII.net lists the ilvl for Hotspur as 7. One of the items I got from Bish indicates that his Mlvl is 7. So why did I get triple durability boots? Is the info on DII.net wrong? And does anybody know of a good (reliable) place to get the TC3s? In 1.09 I ran normal mephisto for most of them, but Salmon had no luck with it.

Thanks for your time, I know it's kinda lengthy...
    ~Jay

2. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I used Spire of Honor always as a merc weapon in 1.09, but the biggest problem with it is that it is too slow and it doiesn't have life leech. I prefer Bonehew and Reaper's Toll (and Tomb Reaver too), but if you can't get those, Spire of honor is good choice. I must admit that I never used my socket rewards to improve my merc weapons, but Shael or Amn on it would be the best choices if you will do so

But I can't answer your question about those boots :(

3. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

The only thing I can think of is that it was probably a failed unique roll. I vaguely remember people complaining on spiderweb sashes that it did not roll for the unique or somethiong like that.

4. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Normal Bishibosh is mlvl 5 so you must have made a mistake in the ilvl of the item you got from him. Hotspur is qlvl 7 so that is consistent with you getting triple dura boots from Bishibosh.

--T

5. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Bishibosh is only mlvl 5. You got that ilvl 7 item from something else.

You are going about the right way to find TC3s. Bishibosh, Blood Raven, Bone Ash are about your best choices, unless you can organise to run the Cow King repeatedly (he is by far the best).

[edit] Gah, not again :)

6. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

Oh for.... Dopey me, I was looking at the Arctic Furs (ilvl 7) that I found later on, and not the Hsaru's Iron Fist that I got from Bish... which had an ilvl of 5. Wow, I need to be paying more attention when I'm playing at 3 am.

Thanks for the quick responses guys!
    ~Jay

7. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

LOL @ Thrugg :D By the way, I got off my butt and started on the DropCalc. I'll send you what I have soon.

--T