Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spill it! (A Pro-Valentines Day thread)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ev_, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

Spill it! (A Pro-Valentines Day thread)

Ok people, let's hear your sappy plans/strategies to get in the good with your significant other. For those of you who hate tomorrow, um...there's a thread for that somewhere I think. :p

I'm going pretty simple...card and flowers, but I know my girlfriend is gonna love it. Her favorite flower is the red rose, so naturally this holiday is great for her. I combined that with the fact that the word "beautiful" makes her absolutely melt. I bought 9 red roses, and to each one attached a little card with one letter from the word "beautiful" on it. It shouldn't take her too long to figure out what they spell, but she's gonna cry when she does it. Go me.

Ok, your turn.

2. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

heh thats pretty good...my utmost sappy tactic: sending a girl 11 roses. When she realizes it's one short of a dozen, you tell her she's the first and most beautiful flower....it actually worked for me lol

now I'm an old married man, I say 'its valentine's day, gimme love woman' lol

3. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

It's now 4am on valentines day and I just woke up.

My romantic plans for the day consist of surrounding myself with an aura of hate and snarling, wolf-like, at anyone who comes near. I love VD day. It allows me to be myself one day a year. :D

4. Mystik

Mystik IncGamers Member

Well today, I have to go out and get a card, I've already written something really nice to put inside (not mushy, just really sweet), some candy, and I know she is making dinner for me. I think she's making steak. I'm staying the night (our parents let us sleep over at eachother's houses all the time) and in the morning I'm going to make her breakfast in bed!

5. antiChrist

antiChrist IncGamers Member

I got my significant other a nice big red card. On the inside it says "I'm fat, your fat, see you in the kitchen in ten minutes."

6. Intolerance

Intolerance IncGamers Member

Valentine's Day is nothing more than Social Terrorism. Maybe I'm the crazy one here, but I prefer not to let society choose when I shower my wife with love and affection (and overpriced flowers).

7. London

London IncGamers Member

Wow man, thats awesome.

Now, I am single right now... But if I was still dating my ex-girlfriend, I would've gotton her the card and candy ya know, but later on tonight I would've made her dinner, then we'd go into her room, where'd she see a trail of rose pedals leading to her bed. Her bed would be coverd with rode pedals, we wouldn't have sex, but we'd make love. Well, I'd like to do that for a girl someday.

8. Mad Merlin

Mad Merlin IncGamers Member

What is this Valentine's Day you speak of?

9. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

I'm having a first date today and the only thing I'm going to do special is pay for evertyhing. I think giving her something this early in the game could be comming on too stroy. I'm not looking for any action today either because I'm starting to get sick.

10. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

my plan for valentines day is to laugh at all the people that have to buy stuff for their partners while i get to sit back and watch my metallica dvd and eat chocolates my mom bought me.

11. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

I'm going call my girlfriend. Her gift showed up yesterday. Other then that I'm going to be sad that I can't be with her (as we're currently a good 1000 miles apart), but grateful that I have her.

12. Agent Orange

Agent Orange IncGamers Member

I'm going to try to go and visit my girlfriend. Last night she called me up and told me she died her hair brown (she was blonde before) I'm anxious to see it, I love brown haired girls....I have a feeling I'm going to walk in, see her, think she looks insanely hot, throw her on the bed, and commence teh luvin.

13. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

Absolutely nothing. Didn't purchase any gifts..didn't want anything purchased for me. Its a silly, stupid commercial holiday. It would be a tad hypocritical for me to celebrate it anyway.

14. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Taking her out to dinner, giving her a rose wrapped around a sunflower for some reason, giving her a sappy card, and a movie, and then we will, ummm, go to sleep?? Eh, maybe not.

15. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I'm comfortable right here cozily wrapped in my bitterness and hate. But I'll be getting drunk later tonight. Cheers! :drink:

16. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

VD day.Venereal disease day?Hell, I'd celebrate that!

17. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Just my nice little nickname for Valentine's day. Many other people's too, I'd imagine.

18. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

SLEEP! (10 chars)

19. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

Well, just gettin back...i showed up w/ a 1/2 doz roses and a giant hershey's kiss (she's a chocoholic)...went out to dinner where we shared a calzone and this giant cookie al la mode for dessert...during dinner, i suprised her with this heart pendant on a gold necklace, and i quote "you have my heart" and said other appropriately mushy stuff...we went and saw 50 first dates, which is a good movie...and then after a short stop i dropped her back off at home

and london, i second the rose petals...i'll have to try that sometime as well

20. th5418

th5418 Banned

I'll try that one day. Seems like it will work.
    Is there a difference?