Spike Thorn Blade Barrier: Worthless?

clowninmypants

Diabloii.Net Member
Spike Thorn Blade Barrier: Worthless?

So for the first time in my Diablo career i've found a spike thorn blade barrier, which seems to be pretty average except the "Attacker takes damage of X (based on char. level)" How exactly does this work? At level 89 it's over 120 dmg, but does that dmg get enhanced in any way or is it just 120 dmg?

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Spike Thorn Blade Barrier: Worthless?

Simply 120 damage. It's not worth it, considering how high most monster HP is in Nightmare/Hell, and how hard they hit you compared to that. Percentage-based damage return (IM, Thorns and Spirit of Barbs) is better, but even then, it's not a viable way to handle monsters, since it only affects melee monsters, and not casters or rangers.

MYK

Diablo: IncGamers Member

Put it on and run around Act 1 normal watching stuff hit you and die. =/

Jaquiezz

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm thinkin stuff in act 1 would have a hard time hitting you once you can equip the shield ;)

Useless in PvM and even more so in PvP

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member

It has some very nice stats such as FHR, Life and even Deadly Strike... however the lack of block, resists and DR% which are the keystats most builds wants from their shields kills it. But I'd really like to see it work...

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member

Poor man's stormshield.
Oh wait, is this the elite spiky shield or not?
But yeah, damage to attacker is lam-o. Mostly because I never got around to making a thorns pally with ctc iron maiden and lots of damage to attacker mods.