~ SPHC Ladder Part V ~

burke615

Diabloii.Net Member
~ SPHC Ladder Part V ~

New thread per Poet's request. :) Old thread is here.

Please see ladder rules, etc. here.

Not much new for me to report. Still Pit running; gained a level to 82; found the Armet, but it was eth. :( Mana leech doesn't do much for mercs...

Cheers!
Burke

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I finally got rolling on the HC side of things, and Hloy_Mortal got past Act 1 norm and began to run countess for low runes for "Nadir," "Stealth," "Steel," and "Malice." Needless to say, I am going to be cruising along quite fast here. Only a few scary moments in act 1, none of which were my fault. The first cam in the Tamoe Highland, in the daytime (easier to see me), and I ran into a pack of Cold Enchanted archers. While manuvering around them, I stirred up some Lancers, and then some more, and you get the picture. I will also end up going back to do the Smith, as he spawned with a Unique shaman in fron of him, and the room below him, both doors of which were open, had 4 Champion shamans and their minions. I was not willing to risk blocklock=dead, so I just ran past.

Holy_Mortal, lvl 20, Hammerdin

Karmeus

Diabloii.Net Member
Just posting here to mark the thread (it's easier to follow then) :D I haven't played in 2 weeks now, game burnout thingie happened again.

Pucho

Banned
well, after a couple of days, some NDE's, a lot of rejuvs, and even more merc resurrections, the final battle ended the way it should.
(lots of screenies here :))
First was the awesome drop of the NM hellforge , then the fall of the evil and finally and most important of all, the conquest of the lord
I'm proud to say that Diggler has become something like this at the age of 61. Maybe I'll be running them up to the lates 70's
after a couple of tries running the wsk oblivion knights, dolls, burning souls were NOTHING compared to the last two baal's minions pack, specially when they were together (yes, I've managed to survive there, dont ask) I've entered hell at 62 and currently 67 lvling like mad up to the pits.
Im really sorry about pesty's death, as I'm folowing his steps pretty much, except for the 3 trangs thingies, just wearing the gloves...

tragor

Diabloii.Net Member
Since SirRep is kickin' *** and getting tan in the desert I decided to start my second sept character last night. Quick_Sliver (sin) is currently level 15 and just found the Marsh WP. She'll visit the Countess tomorrow. I'm praying for a better map than SirRep had. On the plus side, I don't see how she could do worse.

I've not played a sin for real so this could be interesting. I'm leaning toward a concentration in the Arts and maxing Phoenix. I'll also put points into Shadow Warrior/Master. I don't know if this is a viable build but that's part of the fun. If she dies too early I can always read a guide to see where I went wrong.

Quick_Sliver, 15th level assassin, Black Marsh

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Rusull is now lvl77 and just offed the Countess. For his trouble he was rewarded 2x El and Tir - WOOT :teeth:

Going at players3 for as long as it seems reasonable. I've now maxed my three killing skills: Volcano, Molten Boulder, and Fissure. So I'll save new ones until they are needed in some defensive manner (Oak Sage, Wolves, Armor). I've not found anything terribly useful for quite some time now. maybe soon...

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi,

Destroyer Randall - Level 65 - Act V Nightmare

I managed to get through Act IV yesterday, the Hellforge gave me a Pul. Diablo himself did not spent anything usefull. Up to now Randall did not have a single NDE experience and his life is "only" around 700. Finally I am gaining more and more mf to the gear, the ali baba pushed me just a little above 300%.

I still have a magical helm with +2 necro skills. (the last gift from MadMan) I have to choose to either to the horadric cube (1 or 2 sockets) or use a socket quest (2 sockets) on this one. I think I'll try the cube and save the quest for something better (still hoping for a shako).

Randall

Congrats AE, he has surpassed your old Fire Druid (NM Ancients was it?).

An update from me.

Butterfly Level 50 Energy Shield Sorc with Base Vitality
Act One NM.
Ran Norm Baal for a while, but it gets tiresome after a while so I think I'll start on NM now :)

Kussa Level 75 Skellimancer Act One Hell
He is currently on NM Meph duty, with moderate success. Razorswitch (under-rated staff, IMHO) has been my most useful find so far, it's currently on my Sorc until I get the runes/staff for Memory (or is that Melody, I forget, the one with +ES)

No other updates from my other characters.

Sam

FrostPuppies

Diabloii.Net Member
Haven't had a bunch of time to play, but LaFuria Celeste is alive and well.

Andy went down in Flames thanks to a Level 6 Fireball, with nary a complaint.

Act 2 was uneventful, and the Big Bug wasn't too bad (/players 8), only killing my merc once. Static, Meteors, and Fireballs were his demise.

Act 3 was, well...Act 3. Long. No problems except for the Legless Wonder himself (still /players 8). He blew my Merc away in about 3 seconds, and I couldn't get close enough for Static action. After some very ineffective Hit & Run Blizzards/Meteors, I finally had to opt for the "Cheese." (Moat Trick).

Celeste is in Act 4 and just took care of Big Blue, thank God for Static here.

I am somewhat concerned about being able to handle D on /players 8 as I have for the entire game. My L/F resists are about 50 each right now, my "Big Two" spells require him to stay in one spot, and I'm certain he'll toast my Merc immediately. This should be interesting.

As far as drops go, I have really been getting crapola. My best items are all gambled right now. For sets and uniques I've seen:
2 Angelic Rings (Wearing one, sold the other)
Bezerkers Helm - Sold
Isenhart's Helm - Merc wearing
Artic Bow - Sold
Skewer of Krinitz - Sold (Was using until Meph dropped me an Orb with Fire/Posion Res, and +11 Mana...WooHoo!!)

LaFuria Celeste - Bliteor Sorc
Level - 30
Location - Plains of Despair
/players 8

~Frosty~

bradley_turner

Diabloii.Net Member
well, i still dont know how to post these chars on the site... but meh, ill figure it out eventually, i am planning on lvling up my old summoning necro that i made awhile ago out of boredom, only lvl 14 atm, but im sure i can fix that
my pally is the worst mfer ever, prolly cause he has 0%mf

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
bradley_turner said:
well, i still dont know how to post these chars on the site... but meh, ill figure it out eventually, i am planning on lvling up my old summoning necro that i made awhile ago out of boredom, only lvl 14 atm, but im sure i can fix that
You now need to email borlag for characters you have created. Then you may email him a password for your account if you haven't already done so that will allow you to edit your characters status.

crg

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
bradley_turner said:
Currently on the ladder, you have the access to edit the information for the character Sauceress. To do this, go to http://spfladder.diabloii.net. From there click the Update forms link, choose your forum name, then the character and after that you'll see a form where you can edit the character's information. There'll be a field for your password which if you haven't received yet, you'll get after PM'ing or e-mailing me with a request for specific password or then one made by myself.

Let me know if you have new characters that aren't listed there under your name, also if you have any problems changing the information there. Same goes for everyone else of course :)

burke615

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi, guys,

I'm afraid I'm going to have to take a brief hiatus from both the game and the SPF due to some RL issues. (Corporate tax time in 12 days- ack!) Hopefully I won't be gone too long, and I'll try to stick my head in here occassionally.

@AlterEgo: Hey, your Hell Countess drop was more than three times as good as mine. I got a single El! One lousy, stinking El! (I know the rules prohibit flaming other people, but can I at least flame the stupid Countess??? :teeth: )

Cheers!
Burke

simeonb

Diabloii.Net Member
Quick update...

Daisy_Twin, VegaSorc, Lvl 28, Act 3 Normal

The Big Bug went down without even a whimper. Now looking forward to level 30 and FO...

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi,

Well, just very little playing time for me. But I did get to shenk and got the first WP in Act V. It also increased my level with 1 so now Randall is level 66.

Looking at the cube receipes I realized there is no magic helmet socket receipe. Now I will have to decide if it's worth a socket quest.

Also I will try to get a wealth, I can not find a 4s armor but I have some 3s armors. (And wealth offers 100%mf ). I just have not found a Ko yet.

Does anybody have a Ko and wants to trade it. Runewise I can offer something like Dol / Hel or Fal or Pul.

Randall

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Sam,

as I said in my previous post I do not have a 4s armor :(
I would have used it myself otherwise.

If you are looking for a 4s armor with low str requerements you want a gothic plate. (it has 70str). I have 2 of these unsocketed, one of them should have a high enough ilvl (25) for 4 sockets.

It is just not worth a socket quest for me for getting 4s in one of these (Not even for the Ko), but if it is to you I'll give you one for free.

Randall

XorceR

Diabloii.Net Member

Destroyer tHe_aVenGeR lvl 68 Act V NM
Destroyer RevAnGeL lvl 59 Act III NM

Wow! I'm really, really happy! Why? Well last night I was doing some NM Meph runs with my pally (168%MF). After around 5 runs I haven't found anything interesting. Then I went to do another one. I killed Meph and there it was: a Slayer Guard laying on the ground. I checked the drop calc and I found out that it's the 4th rarest item that can possibly be dropped by NM Meph. Odds are around 1:70000, more than three times scarcer then Herald of Zakarum. It's my best find ever. I was planning to do a zerker barb next but with this drop I will certainly build one. There's a downside though. If I'll die with him I'll lose this great item :grrr: .

SabreCat

Diabloii.Net Member
Destroyer Ti-ran, Level 48, Sorceress (Meteorb), Act I NM

Ah, at last this game gets truly fun. Frozen Orb (nearly maxed now; I've followed the Meteorb guide here on the forums to the letter) is so great it feels like cheating, but at least in Nightmare the drops are interesting and there are enough random unique monsters to keep me on my toes. I have to rejuv my mercenary sometimes, and I've encountered the tough-hitting buggedness of LEFE bosses. Haha... reason to spend some of those stat points on Vitality at last, methinks.

I found a Shael rune in the Cave, so I made a "Rhyme" tower shield. Surprisingly, it didn't take too much effort to boost my resists back up to roughly where my "Ancients' Pledge" had them; I just used the six-PGem recipe to produce a Prismatic Amulet of Revivification, which I swapped out my Angel's Amulet for. I'm a +skills fiend, but the only skill that seems to suffer much by it is Fire Ball, which is now pretty much useless unless I weapon-switch to my good old "Leaf." Anyway, having Cannot Be Frozen on my shield meant I could go for a different armor than Hawkmail. I've settled on Iceblink for now; Twitchthroe was tempting (it gave me max block!), but I seem to take elemental damage far more often than physical, so I thought I'd appreciate the cold resistance. We'll see how it goes.

I'm using up all sorts of PGems and runes... just about to socket a Partizan with Amn, Ral, Ort, and Tal to give my merc broad-spectrum hitting power, for instance. So I may end up farming Countess for a while once I reach that point, hopefully avoiding Justiniel's fate while I do so. I wonder... "Smoke" looks tempting... is it at all likely for NM Countess to drop Lum? It's hard to tell from ATMA's new DropCalc, as it doesn't take into account her special rune drop (or at least doesn't seem to, as her rune drop chances go up at higher /players settings, which isn't actually the case).

I still need a decent belt, it seems. I'm wearing Snakecord, ha. Maybe I'll upgrade it if I find another Shael, just for the defense and item slots. ^_^

Last note: I'm cutting down my twinking just a shade, to make the game more fun for me. So I have a stash of about 90 fairly low-level miscellaneous nifty items--yellows and blues without truly exceptional features like +skills, but which I deemed "might be useful someday," like resist armors and merc weapons--that's now going to waste. So gogo giveaway! If somebody wants to just take the stash sight-unseen, I'll top it out to 100 items with some slightly more useful stuff from other stashes (spare uniques, +skill equipment; maybe let me know what class you favor) and ship it off. If not, I'll dump an ATMA report and post it up somewhere for perusal.