Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

~ SPHC Ladder Part IV ~

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Vex_Nemox, Jan 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vex_Nemox

Vex_Nemox IncGamers Member

~ SPHC Ladder Part IV ~

Getting the new thread started, old thread link not available of course.....

Well I reluctantly decided to work on Bishop some today. He was last camped in the Kurast Bazaar awaiting a journey into the sewers. The seweres weren't too problematic except for that Merc Bug problem I was having (there was a seperate thread on it, now eaten by Burke's Squid). I had had enough with that bug, and after reading Rag's thoughts in the Hammerdin help post (also eaten by Burke's Squid) I decided the least I could do was hire a new merc, a Defiance Merc. I didn't want to go back to Normal, heh, and I didn't want to level up a HF Merc from the mid 40s. Guess what? The bug never appeared again (yet) all the way through the rest of A3. This leaves me to conclude:

1. Holy Freeze mercs are bugged (unlikely)
    2. That particular HF merc was bugged (I didn't write down his name either :()
    3. My game is bugged on my Comp and everyone else is safe....(somewhat likely)

And now my rant begins.

[RANT]
    It took well over ONE HOUR to complete the Durance. I do NOT do all clears. It was unbelievably, insanely, incomprehensibly UGLY....UGHLY even! It reminded me why I once said I would NOT complete Hell with any more characters. The game quickly turned into a chore of the highest magnitude! It made Vwx's experience with slogging through Hell WSK look like a stroll in the park! What was it that has turned me to rant? >90% of all monsters were....STYGIAN DOLLS! I am serious, it was ridiculous. I have never seen this crap. There were gangs, packs and Champion types! On, and on, and on.....Once in a while there were Urdar packs with Might and Fanaticism and Extra Fast/Fanaticism, cause those Stygian Dolls weren't bad enough! A Stygian Doll boss pack with Might or Holy Shock and Amp Damage and freaking Urdar with Extra Fast and Fanaticism! I resurrected my Merc not less than 5 times.....and that was only as far as the Durance 2 Waypoint! I was out of cash, I had sold all items I could bring myself to sell, over 6 Flawless gems alone. I actually was forced to exit the game and get PSkulls out of his ATMA stash, not to mention about 20 Full Rejuvs since all his were gone. It was utterly INSANE. So I enter a new game, revive the Merc, jump to Durance 3 and had a NORMAL experience. Some Stygian Doll packs, Zombies, Urdar and Ghoul Lords. It was tough, but not super uberly ridiculous (yes, SUPER UBERLY, as in SUPER SUPERLY). Bremm put up a nasty, tight fight, but Meph.......heh....what the hell is he in there for? Relaxation? He was an incredible joke after all that fuss.
    [/RANT]

This is not only the last character I will take through hell, once Bishop is Guardian I am hanging up the game. It isn't much fun anymore, I would rather be at work than play through that again.

2. UltimaFury

UltimaFury IncGamers Member

Xena - lvl 20 - Sniperzon
    Medivh - lvl 20 - Skellimancer

and my new barbarian

Kraven - lvl 7 - Conc Barbarian

my amazon took out andrieal with minor differculty & my necro wiped her out in seconds with my 8 skeletons

3. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

Hi,

Destroyer MadMan - lvl 61 - Act IV - Nightmare

I had one NDE due to own stupidity, I let the BO run out and meet a stygian doll with cursed. I had a schred of life left but a full-rev did the trick.
    I am so happy with the 1000+ base life which is around 2000 with BO.

Randall

PS.
    I can not read any post anymore from the old thread, something wrong there.
    EDIT3: Ok, board crashed.

EDIT: Vex_Nemox, that must have been a lot of fun ;)
    EDIT2: I found a 4 socket flail, if anybody is going for a heart of oaks just let me know

4. a_shikoff

a_shikoff IncGamers Member

OOOHH
    The posts are lost :-((
    And there is no backup so everything is clean and tidy :))

Here is update of my ladder (also pure, also septavirate :))) chars:
    Destroyer BigDaddy (sept) - berzerker barb, lvl 54, act III NM, Kurast Docks
    DarkAvenger (sept) - avenger paladin, lvl 26, act III Norm, Kurast Docks
    Urag (sept) - wind druid, lvl 16, act I Norm, Black Marsh

and the dead ones:
    Destroyer Fisher (sept) - skelemancer, lvl 64, act IV NM R.I.P. - Abyss Knights boss pack
    Trinity (sept) - MA assasinn, lvl 15, act I Norm :) R.I.P. - Blood Clan boss pack and Fire pentagram

5. Vex_Nemox

Vex_Nemox IncGamers Member

Question for NF - Bishop found a 5 socket, ethereal Partizan. I recall you once posted in a thread you were looking for something like that for SC. What exactly did you have in mind for it? To use it as an Honor weapon for a Merc?

6. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Could everyone check their status in the ladder and make updates again here if it shows wrong, include the Pure, Septavirate, 3 way dancing or other tourney status aswel if it applies to your ladder character.

edit: update your links to this one:
    http://spfladder.diabloii.net/index.htm

7. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

Ok Borlag :D
    Level 54 Necro A3 NM
    Level 22 Barb A2 Norm

Sam

8. simeonb

simeonb IncGamers Member

TheWizardOfWoz, Fishymancer, Level 38, Act 5 Normal

(twinked)

9. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

stupid squid invasion :rant:

anywayz

Guardian Valliant, lvl 89, fanatic zealot
    Swifty, lvl 20 stuck in act 1 (twinked)
    Gill lvl 18 stuck in act 1 (twinked)

@burke, if that offer still stands, pm me your email plz, i'll send the char files right away :thumbsup:

robin

10. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

My big write-up about my Hell Ancients battle was swallowed by the squid. I hope it satiated his appetite for a while now!

Butz. :teeth:

11. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Yes, that's right. :) I like ethereal exceptional honor weapons. The runes are easy to get when playing untwinked, the hardest part is the ethereal 5 socketed weapon.

Butz, did you win?

12. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

I'll try to remember what I said:

Well, after a long and stressful encounter my battle with Hell Ancients is over, damn you Bliz for my anxieties.

I laid out my potions, as you do, meticulously ensured my merc was between me and Madawc and hit the Altar. The plan was, hit ESC and quickly release then ESC again until I can see Madawc's mods, then once I've seen his, teleport away and check Korlic then Talic from a distance, sounded reasonable to me.

It seemed to work. Sure enough, Madawc was FE...TP. Second spawn Madawc was FE, third Korlic, fourth Madawc, fifth Madawc, sixth Talic. Finally on the seventh touch of the altar none of them were FE, but one was FICI, and another was also CI and had other nasty mods, I couldn't take this group.

Eighth Korlic was FE, ninth Madawc, tenth had a FICI and another unkillable, eleventh Talic was FE, twelfth Madawc and on the "lucky" 13th roll (having lost a bunch of potions and having to re-lay them, I thought I was in with a shot. Korlic was FICI (with Conviction), but the other two were Orb fodder.

I ran around Orbing and got them down a bit, isolated one and killed him, then took on the other two. Once in a while one of them would attack me, but between ES and the 10%PDR from the Harley I found earlier in the night I never took more than about 1/5 of my life bulb at a time, even the Merc only needed the occassional purple. They did not have hard-hitting mods.

Then it was all over. The fight itself was anti-climactic, it was the stress of seeing FE and hoping I could teleport away and get a TP off before being hit. Fortunately it's a strategy that seems tyo work very well.

Then I headed into the WSK level one. Took a couple of steps "north" of the door and ran into an Extra Fast, Cursed, FE Invader Boss Pack which wiped out my merc in an instant and rushed me at the speed of sound, I got back out the door.

I went back in and went the other way. A Cursed, Extra Fast Frenzytaur Boss Pack took out my merc in a flash and raced at me (MAN those guys are fast!!!), and I JUST managed to get out.

I figured it was time for bed and I'll try again from the Ancients Way WP next time, I definitely didn't want to try a blind teleport in there to get past them.

P.S. If anyone wants to ask, I am a definite advocate of ES in HC even in 1.10. I don't use it all the time, but have used it quite regularly in hell, and it IS a lifesaver. Basically whenever it's not pure ranged elemental attacks about (gloams, etc), I turn it on because an empty blue bulb is much more preferable than an empty red one.

13. UltimaFury

UltimaFury IncGamers Member

Medivh - lvl 20 - skelemancer - R.I.P

today medivh fell to a uique scarab & minions but my new skelemancer shall avenge him
    Shadow - lvl 7 - skelemancer
    Galatea - lvl 1 - Hybrid assassin

14. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Good job, Butz. :) And good luck on the WS K and Baal, though that shouldn't be much of a problem after taking down the ancients. :)

Also:

Celes - Amazon - Level 80 - Act 1 Hell (Outer Cloister)

...discovered that running the pit with only 200% MF sure doesn't get the grand results... :rolleyes: Nothing that was worth picking up dropped so far. The countess doesn't like her either and I just can't seem to get a good map for her anyway... Meh. :/ And I just noticed that she has 20 unspent skill points... Oops?

15. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

Yeah, my running of Lvl 85 areas has been with between 150 and 200%MF and you see lots of whites and greys, but not much else, but then again I have notoriously bad MF luck.

I did manage to get my drop grail to over 45% last night with my Meph and Andy runs. I can't wait to break 50%, that'll just seem like a cool barrier to break through...I'm halfway there. Aaaahhhh! :drink: :D

Once I hit Guardian (hopefully) I should be able to get my MF up somewhat, although I'm still not sure of my optimal setup from what I have should be something like:

Harley (P.Topaz) (74%)
    Ancient Armour (4*P.Topaz) (96%)
    Nagelring (30%)
    Rare ring with resists and (15%)
    Rare boots with resists and (24%)
    Rare gloves with resists and (24%)
    Rhyme Grim Shield (25%)

I guess that's about it for now, 288% should get ok results I guess.

16. kramph

kramph IncGamers Member

Patton - 38th level Skelliemancer

Patton's army continues its advance across the Arreat Plateau. He rescued 15 barbarians who couldn't manage to knock down a wooden door. His army has camped out at the Crystalline Passage waypoint. He did manage to find a Dol rune and Immortal King's Will.

17. sativola

sativola IncGamers Member

@burke, thanks for the headgear. Not using the axe, but the +50 life from the helm & armor is nice.

Yellmaster, Lvl 25 Warcry Barb, A3N
    Bonecrafter, Lvl 10 Bonecaster Necro, A1N

Neither are pure, in tournaments, or part of Septavirate.

And my fallen hero:

Destroyer Artemis II, Lvl 68 Amazon -- R.I.P. The Ancients

18. randy

randy IncGamers Member

cupcake - soreress - lv26

going to hell.....

so far we have found nothing. a big fat zip so it's fairly slow going at the moment.

*edit*

sorry for the loss sativola, it seems the anchients take more that their fair share these days.

19. burke615

burke615 IncGamers Member

Excuse me while I say: W00t!!! (In case you don't get it, that's a link. ;) ) Naturally, since I got it from Duriel - who only drops crap - it was as low-end as could be, 6% LS, 10% DR, but it *is* my very first self-found PDR gear ever. Also, my BNet Guardian is wearing one, and I hope to equip my barb exactly like him some day. :)

As you can see from the pic, I finished off NM Duriel with trusty Gull dagger in hand (which I found with 0% MF! :D ) I *again* forgot to turn "/players 8" off, so it took a little time, but as he decided to cencentrate on my Mud Golem I never even lost a skellie. So:

Destroyer SumthnFishyHere, level 59, Necro, sailing east to Kurast

@Robin: The offer is still open, although I just got to work so it won't be for a bit. PM is on the way!

Cheers!
    Burke

20. Karmeus

Karmeus IncGamers Member

First of all: Butz, congratulations on beating the ancients. I do realize now that my blizzard/meteor sorc will never make it, blizzard just doesn't hit enough. But then again, that's why I'm rebuilding her anyway :D

Here are the updates for the ladder Borlag:

Bodiceo, level 77:
    Twinked strafeazon

Starlane, level 20:
    Twinked meteor/frozen orb sorc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.