Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SPFers, I give to thee, Patriarch General_Istvan

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ashmer Amadeus, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Ashmer Amadeus

Ashmer Amadeus IncGamers Member

SPFers, I give to thee, Patriarch General_Istvan

Somehow I thought it would be harder. Lazruk had warned me that Baal was the final hardest foe. Having defeated the ancients all that was left was to storm the WorldStone Keep. Gaining the throne room wasn't a walk in the park, but with twenty odd minions it wasn't the hardest thing we'd ever done. Once the outer reaches of the throne room we came upon Baal himself. Before him, we had to deal with his minions. Five seperate groups, each worse then the last. Having been warned by the town folk of this I raised my army, including some of Baal's former minions. Wave after wave they were summoned, and broke themselves on my skeleton host. They rekilled a few of my skeletons, but it was of no matter as there were plenty enough corpses to go around. Having defeated Lister the Tormenter it was time to face Baal. He fled to his inner sanctum and we followed him. I knew immediatly that the odds were in my favor. Myslef, along with my trusty mercinary Pratham, a golem, made of clay, ten skeleton warriors and ten revives of various sorts, most of them Baals venom lords. Twenty-three to one were odds I liked. Baal laughed at us, and attacked with an ernest we hadn't before seen. I reached back into my memory for a curse I'd learned long ago, but hadn't used since besting the ancients. Decrepify would slow anything in its range to a crawl. The battle was long fought and many of my army were slain. After many minutes of fighting I knew victory would be mine, and changed from my standard gear to gear that I had been told would bring riches to the holder. Baal spilled his innards on the cobblestone and it was finished. Whoever it was that told me that this Ali Baba something or other, must know have known his bunghole from his other end, as Baal carried little treasure, and none of it worth anything. Tyreal descended, late as was becoming the norm. He said something he believed to be important, but I paid him little heed as I was tending to my skeletons.

Stat junkies shall be apeased first, as that is what is most important to me

General_Istvan
    Necromancer
    Level 83 (924394523xp)

Stats (All bonuses included)
    Str 87 Life 985
    Dex 209 Mana 353
    Vit 292
    Nrg 57

Skills
    RS 20 (26)
    SM 20 (26)
    CE 20 (24)
    CG 12 (18)
    RV 5 (11)
    AD 5 (10)
    Lots of one point skills

Gear
    Armor Skins of the Vipermagi 35%
    Helm Peasant Crown (PTopaz)
    Belt Tal Rasha's Fine Spun Cloth (15 mf)
    Boots Sandars Riprap
    Ring Ravenfrost
    Ring Dwarfstar
    Ammy Saracans Chance (21 Res all)
    Weapon Golemlords Bone Wand of Weaken
    Shield "Rhyme" Grim Shield
    Weapon Ali Baba
    Shield Sigons

This is the first non melee charicter I've played and its really out of my play style, however, its also my first ever SP Pat/Mat. I did enjoy playing him, he gets going early, and this is the first charicter I've had who didn't die at normal Duriel. I read Nightfish's guide for the fishymancer, and CE seemed like a waste of points. Why blow up corpses I need, but it was an amazing skill. Just one corpse would be enough to start a massive wave of distruction, and there were still plenty enough corpses to go around. I think if I remade him I might spend a few less points on revives. I do like them, but its hard keeping up with ten of them at a time. I hope to use him to MF Baal for a bit, maybe get an item that will decide my next charicter. One down, six to go.

2. ChaoticTwitch

ChaoticTwitch IncGamers Member

Nice pat. !! good read as well. im a big fan of necros so its always good to hear fo more pat'ed ones.

cheers, C.T.

3. PinkeyandtheBrain

PinkeyandtheBrain Banned

Great Job man!!!! keep up the good work.
    Ahh the curse of having way to much time and such and such i have abandoned my zon for a summoner. Slayer The_Summoner plans to join General_Istvan in the hallowed halls of patdom in a bit.
    again great job and it is things like that that make me want to play. ;)

4. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Congratulations on beating Hell difficulty and good luck with your other characters! :thumbsup:

5. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Congrats!

I love these guys.

If you decide to try a summoner again you can do a couple of variations to go hybrid ... just because it's so easy to do so.

- take 5-7 points off CE because max CE and +skills from items will net you ~ 11 to 12 yard blast radius ... which is very nice but probably unnecessary considering if you are skilled with your curses you can bunch them up through Attract, Amp Damage and then lay the boom. A radius of 7-9 yards will be more than enough IMO.

- One hard point into Revives with +skills from items will get you ~ 8 revives with full MF gear and much more with full skill/killing gear including skill switch weapon for prebuffing.

- One hard point into Clay Golem makes a relatively tough Golem with +skills from items.

- One hard point into your curses will usually net you decent radius with +skills from items and more is usually not required - depending on taste.

- Revives are actually easy to keep up with. It's about habit. Everytime you kill something (which is all the time) just revive a few monsters. Your army is pretty tough even with full MF equipment and you won't lose many skellies at once provided one plays with some intelligence. AI curses move attention to your enemy and not your army for the most part.

When you blow up monsters and have a battlefield littered with corpses just revive a few and move on. After awhile this becomes habit and you will always have Revives at full/max because you are reviving before their timer runs out. The only time your Revives will go poof is when you are doing stuff in town like ID'ing stuff/selling stuff/repairing/gambling/doing equipment maintenance and stuff like that which takes time. No big deal.

With all these saved skill points you can go bone or poison hybrid and be effective. You will be able to play anywhere and kill anything. You may not have the ultimate killing power of a Hammerdin ... but you won't be as fragile as one neither. You can at least kill the Wailing Beasts. :lol:

Considering that you didn't have super top-end gear it really shows how item independent a necro Summoner is.

A word about MF'ing. Don't do Baal right away ... do Pits and Pindle and Meph first. Get your Homunculus, Marrowalks, Arachnid Mesh, Harlequin Crest, Tal's Armor, Skullders, Arm of King Leoric etc ... and then you're cookin'!

6. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Congratulations:) Sounds like you had fun which is always nice. Hope you get an Arm Of King Leoric soon, you can never have too many skellies.

7. corax

corax IncGamers Member

congrats on the pat. may his mf career be full of both green and gold