Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SPF Technical Support Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thyiad, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Snowfade

Snowfade IncGamers Member

Yep, everything is extracted as I've done before when I've used GoMule. The 'GoMule' folder from the zip is on my desktop, I tried moving it but it didn't seem to matter. I actually run it maximized but I tried making it smaller and it didn't seem to change anything, however if I change the dimensions it temporarily goes back to normal until I hover over a button again and and goes to that mess of layers over everything (technically it's still usable but I have to memorize where everything is.)

EDIT: FIXED! Turns out it was RivaTuner Statistics Server onscreen display that comes with MSI Afterburner causing some strange interference. I recently updated my Afterburner version and it didn't occur to me until now.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  2. Darkthrone

Darkthrone IncGamers Member

I downloaded it again with the same issue. I haven't tried changing the delimiters (which is odd, because as a programmer the colon is a common delimiter), but I will if I get a chance to tonight and see if that fixes the issue. It does write to the file whenever it updates. I think it's just a reading issue, somehow.

3. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

From the source code included in the .jar:
    Code:
        public void readProps(){

props.clear();
            try {
                BufferedReader inDir = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(
                fName));
                while(inDir.ready()){
                String line = inDir.readLine();
                if(line.equals("")) break;
                String[] lineArr = line.split(">");
                addProp(lineArr[0],lineArr[1]);
                }
                inDir.close();
                } catch (IOException e) {
            }
        }
    The delimiter is > in my version -- I'm thinking that a : delimiter gets it confused for Windows-style paths starting with a drive letter (C:) and then it isn't able to load the save file again.

Aha! The version generally available from SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gomule/files/RunCounterAdv/0.1/) has the > delimiter, whereas the version in the OP of this thread (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gomule/files/OldFiles/RunCounterAdv01.zip/download) is hidden when browsing on SourceForge and has the : delimiter. Try the other version.

4. Darkthrone

Darkthrone IncGamers Member

5. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Nevermind :D

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  6. kent

kent IncGamers Member

Does GoMule work in v1.09? I am attempting to try out timetravelling and started a new character in v1.09 and want to start a new stash for obvious reasons, but when I attempt to open the character in GoMule is just says disconnected? Anyone experience this problem before/know how to fix it? Thanks.

7. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

Use ATMA for better compatibility. If I recall correctly GoMule has trouble with pre 1.10 jewels and such. Also if you are going classic then definitely go ATMA.

8. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Having a strange issue with ATMA since I moved D2 over to a laptop running Vista.

I found when I loaded a character with ATMA and removed items the D2S file they disappeared from my D2 save folder and I was unable to play the character. I could get around this by renaming the last .org file for my character to .d2s and just dropping all the items I had transferred off to avoid creating dupes.

However, after playing last night when I loaded the character in ATMA today instead of loading my latest version it loaded an older copy from a few runs prior with less experience and less items. I could load the latest version of my character in the game however. The game save file path and the path I was loading in ATMA are the same as far as I can tell.

Just for kicks and to make things worse I did one Baal run today. ATMA will now load my character with the experience and items from my most recent run but does not show the experience/items from the runs last night. Additionally, when I load the character in game now the items and experience I gained last night are gone and my character now lines up with what is shown in ATMA and I have now gone backward in experience and lost items.

Anyone else experienced this? Is it a Vista thing or am I doing something really dumb!

Thanks for any insight.

9. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

Was the previous OS XP? If so then you need to know that starting with vista and continuing through 7 and 8, MS decided to protect the Program Files folder. Making it so that only either the program that created the entry into the Program Files folder or an admin running program can change it.

To keep some functionality with older programs and games like Diablo 2, windows created the virtual folders to act as the actual Program Files folder. Your actual saves might be in what is called Virtual Folders. If your user name is User your saves are probably here.
    C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\saves
    You will probably have to show hidden files and folders.

To eliminate any problems with this 'feature' of windows you can reinstall the game outside the Program Files folder to say
    C:\Diablo II\
    Be sure to back up any saves and stashes you have, just in case.

10. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Thanks Ladvarian. I did some searching around and did find the .org files in virtual folders exactly as you explained. I will look at moving the D2 folder tonight and hopefully all will be well.

Thanks again.

11. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Is there any plans in the future to add 1.07 (and I suppose 1.09) capability to GoMule? ATMA is being very twitchy win my 1.07 stashes.

12. Espr

Espr IncGamers Member

I recall reading recently that someone (don't recall the name off hand) had done all the work to get the older patches working in GoMule, but that the changes are waiting on approval to be merged into the main project.

13. endlesscircuit

endlesscircuit IncGamers Member

I once edited standard.dat in GoMule to display Skillers in GoMule, like in scrcrw's Flavie report: http://scrcrw.webs.com/. But now I can't remember how, can anyone remind me?

14. scrcrw

scrcrw IncGamers Member

You can download my edited standard.dat here. The latest GoMule version might be required.

The standard.dat file included with that GoMule version had a few errors when displaying skill charms. In my file the section now looks like this:
    Code:
    **Skill Charms[sk][newcol][skiller]

*Amazon
    Bow and Crossbow,Fletcher's Grand Charm
    Passive and Magic,Acrobatic Grand Charm
    Javelin and Spear,Harpoonist's Grand Charm

*Assassin
    Traps, Entrapping Grand Charm
    Shadow Disciplines, Mentalist's Grand Charm
    Martial Arts, Shogukusha's Grand Charm

*Barbarian
    Combat, Expert's Grand Charm
    Combat Masteries, Fanatic Grand Charm
    Warcries, Sounding Grand Charm

*Druid
    Summoning, Trainer's Grand Charm
    Shapeshifting, Spiritual Grand Charm
    Elemental, Natural Grand Charm

*Necromancer
    Curses, Hexing Grand Charm
    Poison and Bone, Fungal Grand Charm
    Summoning, Graverobber's Grand Charm

*Paladin
    Combat, Lion Branded Grand Charm
    Offensive Auras, Captain's Grand Charm
    Defensive Auras, Preserver's Grand Charm

*Sorceress
    Fire,Burning Grand Charm
    Lightning,Sparking Grand Charm
    Cold,Chilling Grand Charm
    Of course my version also has plenty of other improvements. Mainly it's more widescreen-friendly. GoMule also has the option to switch between several .dat files of this type.

15. endlesscircuit

endlesscircuit IncGamers Member

Thanks, scrcrw!

16. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Does GoMule support v1.07? My v1.13d characters open just fine, but when I open a v1.07 character, I get an entry that it is disconnected. Thx.

17. Espr

Espr IncGamers Member

Not at present. You'll have to use ATMA (inwhich there are a few glaring bugs/holes), or use self-MP to mule the old fashioned way. ATMA's bugs are mostly display errors, with a couple glaring exceptions. One being that runewords will often corrupt character/stash files when accessed, as will the mod +X Freezes Target. Moving items directly onto the characters equipment slots in ATMA will also sometimes cause problems.

18. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Thanks for heads up - my inventory appreciates it.

19. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

I bought a new harddrive yesterday, installed windows 7, installed java, downloaded GoMule and Silo's advanced run counter.

The run counter doesn't save characters in between sessions, making it somewhat useless, but I don't mind that too much. I'm more concerned with this, when opening GoMule:

Screenshot

Does anyone know what causes this/how to fix it? I don't particularly want to go back to using ATMA.

20. muzzz

muzzz IncGamers Member

One common cause of the issues you describe is stuff trying to write to restricted folders, such as anything under Program Files. If that's the case, 'Run as Admin' should fix it.