Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SPF Technical Support Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thyiad, Oct 1, 2013.

1. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Delete the SP Folder, making sure you keep the saves.
    Put RWM files as per the instructions.
    Make two shortcuts, both pointing to the same exe
    Rename first “D2 BNet”
    Rename second “D2 SP”
    Add the -direct -txt stuff to the SP shortcut only.

2. schlamong

schlamong IncGamers Member

I can't get Atma or go Mule to work. I'm using windows 7, Installed both programs to the default location. Atma launches, but when I go to find the character, I'm only allowed to search uto version 1.11, and I play 1.14.

Go Mule didn't have any instructions, so I just downloaded it and looked for an installer or exe file, but didn't see one, so then I thought I should try unpacking the compressed file, but when I tried I got a pop up asking me to update my WinRAR license for $30. No thanks, so I downloaded winzip instead, but even when I tried to unpack it w/ winzip, I got a pop up to renew my WinRAR license. I really don't want to spend $30 for that, especially when it still might not work. Any suggestions?

3. peytron

peytron IncGamers Member

Uninstall winrar completely and use 7zip if Windows won't natively extract the zip file.

zemaj likes this.
  4. maxicek

5. schlamong

So I got it to work to a point where I can cliick on an item ant then it disappears from my stash and appears in a list of muled items, and if I click an item on the list it goes back to my stash. However, I don't see a difference to my in-game interface. IIRC, back in the day I had a stash with an infinite number of pages. Is there way way to get that?

6. peytron

peytron IncGamers Member

In GoMule you can create a "New Stash" under the "File" menu. Each stash you create has (what seems like) an infinite amount of storage space. Is that what you're after?

gm.PNG

7. schlamong

I seem to remember something that affected the stash in-game, where it would show up with multiple pages, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Anyway, right now all my stuff is in the "go mule clipboard. I created a new stash to put it in "Stash 2" but the clipboard won't let me select it as a drop location. The onl drop location available in the clipboard is the game stash. So basically I can mule items to clipboard and back, bu that's it.

8. peytron

peytron IncGamers Member

Ah, there is a mod that does what you're looking for but it isn't allowed on this forum. For your clipboard issue, are you saying you can't do what I'm about to do below? Where my "amazon" is your "Stash 2". Have an item on the clipboard, select the stash and click "drop"

Attached Files:

• gm2.PNG
      gm2.PNG
      File size:
      63.4 KB
      Views:
  9. schlamong

got it. thx

10. Kartongen

Kartongen IncGamers Member

This is basically exactly what I have done, with the exception that I also added the "start in" path as per the instruction. But for some reason it reverts the menu to classic (also disabling me from playing 2 of the classes).

(Only deviation is that I have 2 folders, but both work perfectly fine until I install RWM.)

11. schlamong

I played D2 single player 5 years ago with <banned mod name deleted>, and it was so much fun. I started playing again, and it was fun until my stash got full. So I went looking for a mule program. First I tried ATMA, but it didn't work. Then I tried GoMule, which I finally got to work after an hour or so of troubleshooting, but having to mule everything manually sucks. So I decided to go back to <and again>. Only, it doesn't work with this version, and installing it screwed up my game so it won't launch. So then I downloaded the version switcher, which took hours, only to find out it doesn't work with recent digital installs. They want me to download a different program. I'm fed up with it. Not downloading anything else. Screw D2 and Blizzard. 5 years ago it was no problem. I got my mule set up in less than half an hour. But it seems that Blizzard have gone well out of their way to keep people from muling or changing versions easily with their 1.14 patch. IDK why. People are gonna mule anyway, they just make it more tedious, and make the game less fun. Actually, there's no point in having a limited stash anyway, so the modders are just fixing what Blizzard screwed up in the first place. Blizzard ought to thank them instead of trying to stop them.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019
  12. peytron

peytron IncGamers Member

I can understand your frustration.

Sometimes my stash gets full and I have to juggle some things in order to finish my runs before leaving the game to mule stuff off, but I like how GoMule keeps my stuff organised and gives me the ability to search through for that specific item. It also helps me actually leave stuff on the ground that I don't really need. It also has a handy "Flavie Report" which gives you a list of your items and things not yet found.

From my point of view, leaving the game to mule keeps things truer to the experience I had when playing on bnet.

13. maxicek

14. Tenecabo

Tenecabo IncGamers Member

So I finally got around to installing D2 on my new laptop. Fresh install, then installed the following through the links on this forum:
    - Atma
    - GoMule
    - RWM
    - Trenshadow version switcher
    - Singling and the glide wrapper that was located in that package

Tried running my different versions and only 1.14D will run. The rest had an error stating "One or more required DLLs is either not present or has a corrupted name in the Diablo II installation directory. Run RecoverFromCrash..VBS and try again."
    When I run the recover from crash within the corresponding version folder (e.g. 1.00), this happens:
    Untitled.jpg

Does anyone have any idea?

Also, 2 other questions:
    - After installing the glide wrapper, it states to run the video test for the game. When I try that t says "Installcould not test your video because the video tester was not properly installed. Please reinstall the application." But it ran fine when I first installed it. Do I need the disc in my drive for it? I've been keeping the LoD disc in as according to Singling I shouldn't need the disc anymore for earlier versions.

- Is there a way to change the save path for characters in 1.14D? It defaulted to the saved games folder within users, but that's on my solid state drive, and I wanted it on my HD since those files will be changing constantly.

Thank you!

EDIT: Figured out the errors, had to copy files from 1.13 to my main folder as it had updated to 1.14D (thanks @scrcrw who posted that in the Trenshadow topic). This fixed 1.00, but not 1.06b or 1.07. For those my cd starts spinning, the loading icon pops up and then it all stops again and nothing happens.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019 at 5:22 AM