Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SPF Technical Support Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thyiad, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Gynli

Gynli IncGamers Member

4 years too late. but I'll leave this here for people.

Earlier search attempts didn't lead me to this thread, so... some search keywords.

GoMule, Flavie, Flavie report, ignore, incorrect, missing, bug, Sparking Mail, Skiller, Lightning, lit skiller, Acrobat's, lit GC, skiller GC,

Solution.
    1. In GoMule folder, locate 'standard.dat' file.
    2. Open it up with notepad or any other editor.
    3. Edit the Skiller section (lines 904 to 951) to include the words 'Grand Charm' after each skiller prefix.
    - e.g. change line 907 (Bow and Crossbow,Fletcher's) to (Bow and Crossbow,Fletcher's Grand Charm).

Espr, Friiser and Albatross like this.
  2. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

Speaking of GoMule bugs, has anyone else noticed that items socketed with Hel runes or that have inherent 'requirements −X%' display inaccurate Strength and Dexterity requirements (too high). I wonder whether or not the calculation it is using is correct?

3. ioupainmax

Can anyone help me with a strange issue I'm experiencing. I tested out the Glide wrapper and decided it wasn't for me as it felt like I was dragging my mouse through treacle and the colours popped a little too much. I restored everything to the default values and removed registry entries as well as removing the relevant files. However I'm getting the following issues:
    • Opening or closing the inventory/character/quest windows causes the mouse to jump across the screen
    • Applies to both windowed and full screen mode
    • Stuttery mouse movements especially inside the inventory/stash windows
    It seems like Glide left some remnants that are causing issues but I don't know what they are.

I know it is possible that I'll need to reinstall D2, but I'd like to see if I can fix it without resorting to that.

4. Gynli

Gynli IncGamers Member

Mouse popping across the screen is something I've read about Glide - and not using the -w tag with it.

Another thing I noticed is that the start command (-w -ns -3dfx and such) were not exactly in sync with the one found on the shortcut and the one found in the registry. New commands will be added to the registry; but not always correctly removed.

Try edit the registry key to the default and see if that helps.

iirc there's also a reset button on the Glide as well... i think.

5. ioupainmax

Yes I used the reset button so technically I don't need '-w' since it should be 'gone'.

EDIT: Please can someone without glide check the default behaviour. When you open your character screen, does the mouse move to the side?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  6. Albatross

Albatross IncGamers Member

Pretty sure "native" windowed/full screen mode doesn't make the mouse jump every time you open the character screen, inventory, waypoint menu, etc.

I think this has something to do with how glide stretches the screen and is the only reason I play in fullscreen (1600x1200 with glide), but lower the screen resolution to avoid losing my eyesight.

No idea why you're stuck with it, but I'll double check the game when I get home.

7. Albatross

Albatross IncGamers Member

@ioupainmax my mouse pointer only jumped in windowed glide mode (+ grease). Glide fullscreen, and both fullscreen and windowed without glide did not show the same behaviour.

ioupainmax likes this.
  8. Jonesy_Pantz

Jonesy_Pantz IncGamers Member

I've been making some slow progress with my HC sept project but hit a wall last night. When loading the game its really sluggy and slow but it just freezes when i hit single player?
    have never had this issue before. any suggestions?

*edit* an uninstall and re-install fixed the issue - a pain to redo the RWM mod but all sorted now

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  9. Basicbhoy

Basicbhoy IncGamers Member

Morning all

I'm having some issues uploading screenshots. Print screen defaults to one drive, which I am happy with, but when I try to embed the photo here, it says too large. Any thoughts?

10. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

I encountered that "image too large" issue as well when I tried uploading full size screenshots. I found that when I shrunk the image down to 800px wide, it uploaded fine. I do that in Photoshop, but if you don't have that program, then I'm guessing there's some site where you can upload a photo and it will size it down.

Basicbhoy likes this.
  11. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

^ ^
    I like pixlr.com. The free browser-based editor is pretty spiffy, and available anytime you have a internet connection. Quite nice when you have to work from multiple computers and don't want to purchase software for each one.

EDIT: fixed link...

TopHatCat64 and ioupainmax like this.
  12. Irenicus_Mfs

Irenicus_Mfs IncGamers Member

I just recently freshly installed D2 + LoD (Version 1.14d). Instead of using RWM as I used to, I installed the latest Singling package. As far as I can tell the numbering works (difference between 5 and 6) but I do not see any changes to the title screen (indication that Singling is actually installed and running) and more importantly the runewords do not work. I followed the instructions and added both files (EXE and MPQ) to my D2 folder. What about the DLL, is that already included in the MPQ?

Feedback highly appreciated as my Sorc waits for her sword. ;)

Edit: I deinstalled Singling and installed RWM as I used to. Morgana has a new toy to play with. ;) However I still do not understand why Singling did not work and furthermore there is not much information to be found about it (video was taking down, official site is down).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018