Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SPF rules explanation

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ergroilnin, Oct 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin Diabloii.Net Member

Hello guys,

I've been lurking these forums for a bit now and I am getting curious about various rules people here follow and mainly, explanation behind them like why some are ok and some are not, what gives the decision?

Obviously stuff like various hacks are no-no, no need for explanation there, but where things get controversial are (mind, this is my opinion) RWM, RRM, Atma, ***, time travelling etc.

The thing I don't understand is why for example ***is forbidden on these forums while RWM and Atma is OK. Basically the only difference between RWM+Atma and ** is Diablo Clone and Uber Tristram right? But isn't that just addition of MP content to SP much like RWM is for runewords? In the past I would understand, since it allowed stuff like relocating points but with 1.13 respecs built in game, I don't think that matter anymore?

Also another thing that I (personally) find illegal is Atma bugging eth items. I know it isn't exactly cheap thing to pull off but using 3rd party program to enhance item performance? Really?

And last thing is time travel. Using game versions that can get you REALLY overpowered items and forward them to versions where these should be long gone and balanced practically imbalances the game through this abuse. What legalizes this?

One more thing I would like to say is that I do not mean to offend rules of this forum and all the people that play by them, what I would like is to know what made these things illegal and other things legal in minds of people here. There definitely might be things I am overlooking so any opinions would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
    jimsfriend likes this.
  2. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

You should send a PM to Thyiad asking about this type of thing. It's easier, and it won't have a chance to bring up any tension, or offend anyone.

Diablo Clone and Uber Tristram cannot be accurately replicated in SP. DC has the selling of SoJ's, while Ubers AI is server side, and thus cannot be replicated in SP. The mods which allow them were also banned due to the stat/skill reset, prior to that being implemented by blizzard, and a few other unwanted changes. Now, it still includes unwanted modifications, as well as the Uber/DC.
    It was decided by the admins of the site to keep programs that are clearly editing the game away from the site.

Atma bugging items was believed to be a Diablo error, and thus was allowed. Later (after the MP/trade pool had been heavily tainted,) it was found out that it was in fact a 3rd-party program fault - a bug with how ATMA handled items.
    There were two options: Ask every member of the forum to do a complete restart, losing countless hours, items and characters, or say it was a mistake, and that there was no way to trace that many interactions over that period of time, and let it go.
    A few people lost a lot of items and left the forums because they didn't like that type of /alteration/ of items.

Time travelling requires no modification of the game. You install D2, you download an official patch, and you run D2. This is SP after all. So what if some of the items are overpowered in today's version? There isn't any need to use 3rd-party programs for it.

Any further Q's should probably be PM'd to Thyiad. :)

3. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin Diabloii.Net Member

Thank you for the information, I know that usually stuff about such things should be PM'd to Thyiad but I also want to hear personal opinions of the members here on such things.

I can understand that ** alters D2 files so it shouldn't be allowed I guess. Too bad I liked the idea, guess I'll have to deal without DC and UT then :)

This is something I didn't know, I guess that it was right decision then and it's a shame that it came to it but the other option was more harmful than 50% dmg on weapon.

Yeah sure it doesn't really require modification but I personally wouldn't buy stuff like MPK ring from 1.07 or smth since I shouldn't really have it nowadays. This is really something Blizzard messed up on, they should've make these items reroll on proper stats on update and forbidding it now would only make those who had it beforehand have that much more valuable items.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
  4. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Don't post the names of hacks on this forum.

You have a PM.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.