Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SPF mod

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by bradley_turner, Mar 24, 2004.

?

Where are you from?

1. Europe Region

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. North America Region

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Asia Region

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Australia region

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

SPF mod

i dont like starting threads, but the idea of the SPF mod has given me the incentive to do so.

so, not only do i hope you all vote, but i would also appreciate open discussion about it, that is, if alter ego doesnt mind :D

we would need someone, or a small group of someones to be the actual people who made it, because although im studying it, i have no doubt in my mind that i would not be able to do it right.

2. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

I voted that we shouldn't do it. If the game is getting so old that you need a mod to change it up, you need to find another game. Just my opinion (like it matters, I'm just a nobody :lol: )

3. Ensis

Ensis IncGamers Member

Sorry, I'm new... what exactly is the SPF mod?

4. BubbleTough

BubbleTough IncGamers Member

A long while back Kasferatu got the members of the SPF to give a load of suggestions on different items and stuff, and then there were the people who would sort out the items and judge them. I don't remember how far he got, but I think he either lost interest, or he didn't have enough time.

5. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

I don't really mind whether we have a SPF Mod or not, but I know for certain I won't be playing it. The game is how it is and that's the way I intend on leaving it (for my use anyway).

Sam

6. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

--deleted--

7. Ensis

Ensis IncGamers Member

If you mean it adds items to the game that weren't originally intended to be in it, then it is likely to imbalance the game and I think it would subtract from the experience. But sam_manzanza has a point... if you don't want to play it, you don't have to. Still, it might bring complications to the SPF economy.

8. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

Mods, being called mods, will stay out of the general trading pool. No one will be trading a set maybe called Sssith's Unholy Curse of Isenhart breastplates or Nightfish's Skelliemongerer Fanged Knife outside of the mod, yea? :p

I strongly disagree with those who say you should play another game if you're gonna play a mod. What's wrong with injecting your own version of the game to an already developed engine that you like? It'll surely add a refreshing dimension to the game to play with items created based on the very members of the forum itself...

And with the recent development of version switchers, playing mods are becomming more and more convenient, there's no need to reinstall D2 everytime you switch a version now.

I can't vote there, so i'll just say go for it, if you've the time. Could be quite an effort consuming task, so kudos to you if you pull it off. :D

@ bub: Think kasferatu got tied up in school.. lost the time for it... :(

9. Milamber

Milamber Banned

I tend to agree that a mod isn’t the worst enemy of a game. Lets face it, game developers give us tools in so many games to amend it to our liking…even down to just making our own maps for say Age of Empires…Quake…Unreal…the list goes on.

If you want to make a mod I say go for it. I began to mod a little, and made items that reflected Raymond E Feist’s Midkemia world (Arutha’s Justice – for example).

I personally won’t play this mod, as I prefer to have a ‘Azurewrath’ to a ‘Noobs Blade of Pwnage l33t’

10. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

Dammit post, you SPF-ers. :D

Think of the possibilities... if your modder's sufficiently skilled, ;) we could replace Baal with............. Durf!!!

Alter Ego could spawn anytime, and defeating him earns you the Modstick. Our 3 ancients become Spearthrower (whose email to Elly created SPF), Darkness and Greybeard (our 2 original mods). You could have items named after you! And in place of Bishibosh we can have teh ubar 12 yr old fatty burrito pwnage kid!

With .10 flexibility we can have sets that'll change your character class, like giving anyone shapeshift and druid skills.. etc etc, the possibilities are endless. C'mon vote. :D

11. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

I am in support of a mod, but I wouldn't play it. I'm happy with the game the way it is, and I don't like playing around with programs on my machine. I'm not smart enough to fix any problems that might occur. I do, however, think it would be a great addition to our community, as something unique we can call our own.

Didn't we have a mod here at one point in time?

12. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

:lol: I already spawn at anytime, and you should ph33r the modstick :D

I personally, and as the SPF moderator have no problem with D2 game mods, as you probably already know. The site admins have been non-committal to the topic. My only concern is about game balance. I may or may not play a mod (probably not), but that's not important.

I will allow a thread to collect mod concepts and input. If this earns the wrath of the admins, I'll deal with it. There is no guarantee that any game mod will earn the acceptance of the SPF or the diabloii.net admins. I won't like it if I'm not in it in some manner. Smoking will cause cancer, and taking steroids may cause your children to look like Durf's zombie kids avatar. Finally I would LOVE it if the fatty burrito kid was included :) (Imagine him turning you blue, unless of course you were a Druid...)

13. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I am undecided. I could go either way. Personally, I will stick with normal Diablo, but I might just load it for fun. :)

However, I will play it all the time if all the bosses are replaced with Durf. ;)

14. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Well, i say if you want to make it and play it, go for it, but keep it on your computer and dont go trading those items that were found IN or with chars who play in that mod... thats all i have to say

but i really thought we weren't supporting mods here :scratch:

no intentions to start "another" one of those threads

robin

15. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Hey, it's gratifying to see me appear in all these posts, except for the fact that you all want to kill me and make me drop itamz. :teeth:

Wasn't there talk at one point of a very simple mod to fix just the FE bug and other minor problems that Blizzard won't get around to until 2015 since they're so busy uploading GameBoy screencaps?

16. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

I must agree :lol:
    Durf president !

17. Milamber

Milamber Banned

We only want itamz from the most l33t noobz....

BTW, what is the FE bug? I keep on hearing how it used to be MSLE now it's FE....argh, I hate being away so long!

18. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

This is good idea if we just find some people who are capable/have enough time to do this :)

I would play it

19. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

I copped out and voted "undecided", since I have no idea what you plan to have in this mod. If it keeps the game the same as it is now, except for just fixing the FE bug and maybe nerfing Gloams' damage a hair, I'd play it in a heartbeat. If you're talking about renaming items and monsters, introducing new items, and so on, I won't. I'm happy with LOD as it is, for the most part, and am only looking for a couple of imbalances to be fixed.

20. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

I voted "I don't mind one way or another " as long as moddropped items stays away from the tradethreads. :)