Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SPF Legacy Awards 2014-17 - Voting

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, May 11, 2018.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

Welcome to the voting thread!

Nominations thread

So, voting is actually by PM, but I felt that a new thread would make it clearer that we are in the voting stage and prevent any confusion/delays. Voting is very simple, just send me a private message with one vote per category. I will give it another 10 days (midnight 21/5/18) for votes to come in because I know that a lot of people can be away for a few days and there are plenty of great nominations to consider :D

Ladies and Gentlemen of the realm, the nominations for the SPF Legacy Awards 2014-17...

Best HC Character
    King Loyal - 1.09 Classic WW HC Barbarian (I like this nomination because for me it is an insight into a form(s) of Diablo II that I have minimal experience in. Also, what the hell was with conviction? :p), by ERayz
    Guardian Lyrella - CB/FO Sorceress (A self-nomination. It isn't a unique build or anything, I just had so much fun and loved the build so much that I wanted to acknowledge it), by Kitteh
    Guardian Izzor - Leap Barbarian (I nominate this partly for the character itself, but primarily for the really awesome write-up. Seriously, please go and read it!), by Maltatai
    Guardian Angel - Hardcore Naked Paladin, by Ahhug
    Relic the Ironmancer (Passive Aggressive Tournament) (Amazing tournament character, great writeups along the way, and incredible gear. Fortitude in a single-pass tournament? Yes please.), by bladejj
    Rhett - Elemental Druid (Committed Tournament) (Single Pass, Single Tree, Single Stat, Singularly Awesome. Very cool character to follow in a very cool tournament (also hosted by kestegs).), by Kestegs
    Skadlotta (Masterful storytelling, awesome screenshots, interesting details. Always delightful to see one of these posts), by Maltatai

Best SC Character
    Patriarch Aether - Rare only concentrate barbarian. (concentrate barbarians are fun, but ethereal rare only? Yes please! In particular, the weapon :D), by Grape
    Patriarch Perkele - Dual eBotD Whirler (I loved this so much! The build, the vanilla aspect, the awesome write-up and story - plus, he ultimately made it to level 99), by zticazzy
    Patriarchs Huey, Dewey and Louie - o-Skill Frenzy Barbarians (I nominate this primarily for Louie, but it is hard to pick a favourite), by maareek
    Patriarch Tropell (Charges Sept), by DiabloTwoInDC
    Alyosha - Full Griswold's Holy Shock Bear Paladin (Super cool character. A shiny bear Paladin? Yes please. This also sparked my interest to make Stevesy in the 99er tournament, who I ultimately deeded of course.), by Grape
    MC_Snails - Beta Bramble Poison Nova Necro (Pretty stylish entry into 1.13, I’d say. This stands out to me as Robby is our resident 1.09 player, and amassed this gear simply by playing the patch the way he wanted to, not by grinding specifically for the Bramble.), by RobbyD
    Matriarch Donna - Zod God Sept (The high CTC synergized Hydra from dual Dragons along with high interger damage reduction made her relatively efficient at killing and viable enough to stand up to melee play thus getting off a lot of Hydras. Cool use of underutilized gear, and my favorite thing, stupidly expensive CTC runewords.), by Grape

Best Tournament
    Revenge of the 99ers - the untwinked 99er tournament (Technically this is a self-nomination, but I put it forward not as a nomination for myself obviously, but as a nomination for the incredible activity that it has generated. I really didn't expect the reboot to lift off so much. We have a total of 5 99ers (two for PhineasB!) and at least one which is very close to completion), by Kitteh
    A Lack of Information - Set/Unique Worshipping (My entry is parked, but I loved reading the updates for this tournament and there was a lot of activity), by Pb_pal
    TC3 Hunting Tournament - Hunting TC3s baby! (I had so much fun in this tournament and there were some interesting builds...), by T72on1
    RFL 2017 (This is by far my favourite "item finding" tournament the SPF has ever held. Theorycrafting gets taken to the next level, and it's almost a sure bet at least one SPF record will be broken by the end.), by Grape
    The Passive Aggressive Tournament (Self-nomination, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t nominate a “traditional” HC, single-pass tournament here. Bit of sentimentality here as I got my first Guardian in this tournament. There were 3 other Guardians as well, all of which were super impressive and creative. This tournament garnered a ton of interest and people really really ran with the idea. Just a super fun time all around.), by Pb_pal

Best D2 Thread
    Stream Your D2 Gameplay! (I always enjoy seeing what other people doing and streams are a fun interactive way to do it. I mostly use YouTube for that, but we should really make more use of this thread), by Pharphis
    1.00 News, Info and Gossip (Like its 1.07 counterpart, this thread is a goldmine for people interested in getting involved in time travelling), by Treeharl
    SPF Hall of Records (Ever want to feel substantially worse about your skills at this game? This is the thread for you! Amazing achievements in here, invaluable information, a very very good read for honing characters for RFL/MFL type tournaments.), by Gripphon
    LK vs Travincal vs Cows - runefinding guide (Amazing information and testing for a variety of classes, build, and targets. Incredible resource which is way underappreciated imo.), by Gripphon
    The Time Traveler's Vortex (it's the part one and still (hopefully) under construct, these things just can take a little while. Already holds massive amount of information and is the most up to date starting point for anyone wanting to wander to the earlier eras of Diablo II), by helvete
    Reflections on a 7x7 (+2) (one thread, 51 mats/pats. This is a goldmine for anyone looking for some build ideas), by PhineasB

Best Item Drop
    Tyrael’s Mighty Breakdown (Not a singular find per-se, but finding 3 Tyrael’s in a single MFO is the one “drop” that stands out to me over this span.), by Gripphon
    Eagle Nails - Pre-LoD Rare Boots (Simply epic. No wasted mods and all rolls max or almost), by nulio
    "Could Be Useful Amulet" (3P&B/10FCR & 111 mana/119 life. One amulet. What the hell. That's not meant for mortal eyes!), by nulio
    1.07 crafted Matriarchal Bow (This went little under radar as it was posted to the gossip thread only. Notice that this can have over 500% ED with proper sockets. CtC Amp plus 59 max damage on top of that. Stunning!), by WoRG

Best Community Contributor

maxicek (for stepping up to support Thyiad in the moderation team).

Best WTF?! moment / Do'h moment
    RIP Sclumpus (Deeds at the ripe young age of 97.7. Sorry phar. <3), by Pharphis
    Imbuing the best caster Diadem ever... for Amazon (Painful, but actually very usable for a javazon), by XyleneCyanol

Special Award for Outstanding Contribution to the SPF
    Gripphon
    maxicek
    Fabian
    Grape

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    T72on1 and Pb_pal like this.
  2. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Seems like a nomination for Outstanding Contribution to the SPF is missing:

Kitteh likes this.
  3. Kitteh

My apologies!

T72on1 likes this.
  4. Kitteh

Don't forget to vote ladies and gentlemen! :)

5. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Biggest problem is finding the time to do the reading in between RL & RFL. Already read a few that I have missed before.

Kitteh likes this.
  6. Kitteh

I know that feeling! It's such a long time period that there are a lot of really deserving possibilities :)

7. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

Ditto what maxicek said... having enough time to compete in RFL is taking my free time :) So very many worthy contributors!

Kitteh likes this.
  8. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC IncGamers Member

Best SC character: Tropell

The people have spoken!!! :rolleyes:

Best thread: Time travellers vortex

Best item drop: Nulio amulet

9. Kitteh

PM dude! :p

10. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC IncGamers Member

Dude. You should put that in the instructions! :oops:

11. Kitteh

*whistle whistle whistle*

12. drmalawi

drmalawi IncGamers Member

It says so in the first sentence :D

@Kitteh how many votes? Can you postpone deadline so that the RFL runners have time to catch up?

Kitteh and maxicek like this.
  13. Kitteh

Ironically, the deadline is in the first post :p

Edit: If RFLers are struggling, we can always extend the deadline, not a major issue :)

Edit: Holy crap, can I read at all. I shall leave that there for your enjoyment... :p So yes, we can extend it to the 31/5/18 and if it is still a struggle then we can give it a week after the RFL too :D

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  14. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

I don't think @drmalawi didn't know the deadline :). At least I don't read that in his post. He's just asking for the deadline to be postponed if possible and useful ;).

drmalawi and Kitteh like this.
  15. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

I vote for me. Great idea! Will come back in a few days to a couple weeks to read thread properly, and accept more votes. Where are my HC Guardian votes!?

[Sorry, kinda in limbo/D2 break again, as per the past several years. and just checking threads/posts sporadically. D2 SPF, still <3 - I can't even remember what year we're in to be honest... 2018 already?]

I haven't played D2 since my ['searches'] Set/Unique Worshippers character. I have some time tomorrow, might give 'Goldilocks' a go tomorrow! Upon searching, the thread has been really active, so usual thanks to Jiansonz and all the participants!

ioupainmax and Kitteh like this.
  16. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

I've got to be honest, I always wanted a "King," but could never do it back then. The titles from the classic were really awesome. Some impressive characters/builds, and I don't recall many of these characters or threads. I've missed a lot of good writeups and ideas!
    Good luck to all, and thanks to everyone for the submissions and postings over the years, and kitteh's efforts in organising this thread! Look forward to seeing the final post.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Kitteh likes this.
  17. Kitteh

RFLers - are you able to find time before the end of the RFL? I'm happy to extend it a clear week afterwards if needs be.

18. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

I say extend it for a week. Give some people some time to decompress and dive into the threads properly, they aren't going anywhere. :)

T72on1, PhineasB, Grape and 2 others like this.
  19. Kitteh

Works for me :p

maxicek and Grape like this.
  20. PhineasB

PhineasB IncGamers Member

. . . unless the Squid makes an unexpected return ;)

Kitteh and Pb_pal like this.