Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
SC Hammerdin
Category: p7 Travincal
Average time: 43.31
MF: 226
Hammer damage: 12k
No gems picked

I collected GCs, SCs, jools, some rare amus/circlets/rings. For sure missed some. Couple uniques also.

Equipment (this is my Chaos runner, again changed nothing. Will take another look for possible tweaks when I try to break my record):

1.13 Shako 'Ptopaz'
Enigma
Mara's
HotO
Spirit ST
Arachnid's
10 fcr ring
BKWB
Hotspur's
Trang gloves
CtA/Spirit

Inventory:
6*Lionbranded GCs, 30life/[email protected], 38mf Gheed's, SCs with resists (mainly fire), some mf, life.

Merc uses the same things I put on my Blizzer's merc for mephi (Insight, Gaze, Gladiator's)

As you can see, equipment could use some upgrades. Especially the merc is not designed for Travi. Conviction + Hydras got him many times. The map is okay. Most of the time all members spawn inside. Toorc Icefist sometimes alone in the front. I will try to roll map when they spawn 100% of the time in the same spot, preferably with a well nearby. This map has to do until I'm done with Chaos runs... no idea when this will happen. I'm really eager to see how low I can push the average. Or someone else.

Runes were horrible. It was like I had been running in NM or something. Highest was maybe a Lum? But, I got couple of other nice drops while these 100 runs:

Code:
Ormus' Robes
Dusk Shroud
Defense: 399
Durability: 15 of 20
Required Strength: 77
Required Level: 75
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xef6a34a7
Regenerate Mana 15%
+18 Defense
20% Faster Cast Rate
+3 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
+10% to Fire Skill Damage
+15% to Lightning Skill Damage
+14% to Cold Skill Damage

Arreat's Face
Slayer Guard
Defense: 352
Durability: 48 of 55
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 42
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xbb1ecd1c
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
+191% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +30
6% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
30% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
Especially happy about that Blizzard Ormus. Maybe I'll some day wear it and try break some p3 Travi records ;)

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey Grape. Hammerdin is definitely interesting choice for running Travincal, I'm happy you tried it out. :thumbup:

I got news, guys. Rules about 250+ MF required for certain categories are removed! You can run with 0 MF any target if you want to. Fabian helped me to include magic find factor into efficiency and to use that number instead. Number is called adjeff (lol) and is explained in second post. Several people wanted for magic find to play important roll in efficiency (because that is truth), so now it will. I'll add that to tables later.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey Grape. Hammerdin is definitely interesting choice for running Travincal, I'm happy you tried it out. :thumbup:
Thanks, yeah it's quite good at it. And given a better map and a little better gear (well, swap a couple skillers more, beta BKWB and such, sturdier merc) it could reach suprisingly low average. Many runs were 35-36 seconds when Councils spawned nicely, I noticed one run was even ~31 seconds... Anyone out there with a decent Hammerdin not stuck with some map? Go ahead and test it out! :)

I'm just wondering can other builds do it faster at p7? Have you tested how does your blizz sorc do? Very nice average you got there at p3!

frozzzen

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm just wondering can other builds do it faster at p7? Have you tested how does your blizz sorc do? Very nice average you got there at p3!
Blizz sorc can do it very fast on p7.
I seriously doubted that any class has edge over Blizzard, and that was WITH picking gems. Total 4 CI bosses skipped over those runs. 3 merc deaths (one where I had to pick random Loricated mail to sell it for 35k gold to revive him that took ugly time). Also cubing gems took time needlessly and one game crash didn't help either. I sure as hell won't be trying this anymore (unless someone does it better :)) but I think this proves how well built blizzard sorc cares little for player settings.

So total 1100-4 councilors * 24.69 = 24.78 real penalized time. I'm sure it is possible to do better. As for build, classic glass cannon sorc with little emphasis on MF (~120) but I'm sure you can peck decent MF on lower player settings. Dmg is still king on p7.

Sadly drops were bad, 8life/11CR SC, 2 x Pul and 20 pgems (17 cubed, 9 random flawless) and 4/4 cold facet so nothing to write home about.

And second raport from AT. Same sorc different gear, 106 runs, 35.42 sec avg, 596 bosspacks, 5.623 bosses average, 686MF (183 uMF) 105 fcr. Gear is a bit on haxy side, but no doubt she can do it with weaker gear. Don't think it's sustainable during longer periods of time.
6.299 sec/boss, with MF included 2.226 Fabians (D2 MF efficiency unit by common consensus).
Can't say I'm happy with AT result cause I played poorly at time to time, and yesterday when I tried and got run counter crashed, I had 20 runs spree with 5.4 bosses and 31.93 avg run time. Obviously place to improve is here, but I'll leave it for better days.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
@ Grape
There is one thing that influences where Council member spawns, and that is your teleporting path. It's hard to explain, but I could make screenshot and explain where you should port to have them spawn at same manner every time. If you tele a bit up, they will spawn in another form. Strange, but it's like that. So when you see Council spawn differently, that means you missed teleporting path to them.

I did try my blizzard sorc at p7 Travincal.

SC Blizzard sorc
Category: p7/8 Travincal
Units skipped: 4
Average time: 27.54
CAT: 27.64
MF: ~260 MF
Gems: yes

While running I collected: gems, small and grand charms, rare circlets, rare rings, jewels, useful unique items, magic monarchs

Equipment:
1.13 Shako (Cham)
Enigma
Deaths Fathom (5/-5 facet)
35 fcr Spirit
Rising Sun amulet
Arachnid Mesh
Trang Claws
War Traveler 46 MF
SoJ
rare ring with 10 fcr, mana, 29 lite, 24 cold res

Inventory: 40 mf Gheed, 5x cold skiller, mf/res charms, tome of identify

Merc:
Infinity
Vampire Gaze (Ral)
Guardian Angel (15 ias 24 FR)

This time I changed merc equipment and replaced bkwb for SoJ to get more mana because Council is stronger and I need to spend more mana killing them. Merc didn't die this time, so this merc equipment is definitely better.

Running p7 is different than p3, this time Static Field makes a difference. Took me ~30 runs to find proper strategy how to kill those dudes. You tele there, Blizzard, 1-2 glacial spike, then 3-4 Static Field and continue killing.

Collected ~ 15 pgems and 11 flawlesses which is ~ 18 pgems total

SC Poisonmancer
Category: Pit p7/8
MF: 446
Average time: 1:11.416
Bosspacks: 791
Efficiency: 9.029 sec/bosspack
Adjusted efficiency (MF included): 3.473 sec/bosspack (or Fabians as Froz stated lol)

I collected rare circlets, rare greater talons, small and grand charms, rare jewels, rare and usefull uniques, Rals and Tals.

Equipment:
Shako (Ist)
Enigma
2 pnb 33 MF amulet
Death's Web (Ist)
35 fcr Spirit
Arachnid Mesh
Trang Claws
Beta BKWB ring
30 mf Nagelring
48 mf War Traveler

Inventory: 40 Gheed, 6 pnb skillers, Cube, rest 7 MF SC's with various mods, some 6 MF charms

Merc:
Insight eth elite 1.07 Great Poleaxe
Vampire Gaze (15 ias jewel)
Fortitude

Skills:
Full Poison tree
1 Bone Shield
1 Iron golem
1 Summon resist
1 Revive
6 Lower resist

Strategy:
LR, Nova, spam CE, Nova gain if needed, Revive 3-4 revives, repeat Nova + CE. Position yourself so that merc can kill boss as fast as possible if you are able to. Try to position yourself so you can lure as many bosspacks to you as you can. Sometimes tele on top of boss so merc can kill it, sometimes you Nova bosspack and tele to next bosspack to spam LR + Nova there, then lure them together etc. CE destroys everything, so spam it.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
cham in the shako your sorc is using for council :/
Is the slow walk speed that important while picking up items or did you just not bother throwing on another shako with more MF, or a facet?

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Cold slows me down and it bothers me because I tele among drops and pick them up while 2-3 council members are still alive. If I dont have cbf, then my sorc can walk really slow to pick that charm up and it slows me down. So, cham Shako is intentional pick. I did run with Ist, but I was slower because of mentioned reason.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
frozzzen and Gripon, very impressive results you got there!

I'll maybe do 1-2 attempts at meph (I'd love to get my eth reaper's though. It just ought take some 10k runs... :D) with my blizzer re-geared, but that has got to do. I'll try to equip her for Travi and try it myself, too. :)

Also, thanks for the info Gripphon, I didn't know that my teleport pattern matters, I thought it's just a map seed thingie when it comes how they tend to spawn. Definitely have to play around with that to get them in the desirable spot every time.

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
+1 for the official unit of measure being "fabians."

MF is now MegaFabians, being equal to 1,000 kF, kiloFabians.

nulio

Diabloii.Net Member
In 1.07 the path you take while you run to the Council also influences how the spawn. I can easily decide if I want them in one group or two groups. (at least in my map seed)

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
One practical question, guys. Since Pit running takes considerably longer amount of time than AT running, I'm considering that we reduce number of required runs to do from 100 to lower number. 100 AT runs for average ~ 42 sec sorc takes 70 minutes to complete. Fastest barbs in 70 minutes can do ~ 70 Pit p1 runs. Pit p7/8 takes longer than that obviously.

I'm kinda hesitating to leave 100 runs required simply because it seems people won't do much running then. 50 runs, on the other hand, is kinda low, but doable for anyone. Pit p7/8 I would definitely like to reduce to 50 runs required to do since it takes at least 65 minutes to complete which is like AT category for most people. Pit p1 is somewhat faster, but still if we put 50 runs required, I believe people will more likely run and try to break their records for the thread. Opinions for this?

Also news. After discussing with irc crew I decided to add "no death allowed" rule for all categories simply because to avoid any confusion for situations what to do when someone dies. With that rule I'm even more toward reducing number of runs to do for both pit categories.

Last edited:

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm reporting my old singer, I'll probably try to improve his efficiency for this thread.

SC Singer barb
Category: Pit p1
MF: 530
Item Find: 56%
Runs: 100
Bosspacks: 786
Average time: 64.845
Efficiency: 5.29 sec/bosspack
Adjusted efficiency: 1.967 fabians

Total info about him is in this thread.

Darkthrone

Diabloii.Net Member
Also news. After discussing with irc crew I decided to add "no death allowed" rule for all categories simply because to avoid any confusion for situations what to do when someone dies. With that rule I'm even more toward reducing number of runs to do for both pit categories.
I don't see how it's confusing, but okay. For myself this makes a lot of the categories no longer desirable to attempt, unless you're talking about cutting the number of runs considerably. There's no way I want to be on my 189th Pindle run and then die, and then have all that time a complete waste. Hell, I die on a regular basis on Lower Kurast as it is because I'm trying to be as fast as possible. What prompted this change? I don't recall anyone in this thread having trouble with it, but maybe I missed it. From what I remember reading in the first post of this thread it sounded like it was dealt with already.

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll quote you what Fabian said about it and we all agreed with:

<Fabian_> "the issue is that it's difficult to know how to account for that death in a fair way. consider that when you die, your run time average for the whole session goes down. there's no easy way to get around this problem, since timing each run individually is obviously logistically impossible. it seems the easiest way to solve it is to not allow it, as allowing it would open up for potential abuse (both deliberate and accidental"

Background of all of this is not suitable for this thread. In short, it's hard to compensate for death, too many factors to include.

I understand your dilemma, but it doesn't take more than 1.5 hours to do 200 LK runs or much more than a hour to do 200 Pindle runs. I ran softcore LK, I know how it is and you don't die that frequently unless you don't watch where you teleport. I'm sure you can do 200 LK runs with no death easily, or 200 Pindle runs. Am I wrong?

Only problematic categories are Pit p1 and Pit p7 since they take more time, therefore I would like to reduce runs required to do from 100 to 50.

NagisaFurukawa

Diabloii.Net Member
SC Blizzard Sorceress
Category: AT
MF: 253
Bosses: 537
Average Time: 00:28:921
Efficiency: 5.386 seconds/bosspack
Adjusted Efficiency: 2.394 fabians

She used full Tal's set (Ist in armor), 35% Spirit, Trang's gloves, War Traveler, 17 strength ring, 10 FCR/20 MF ring, CTA switch (no shield), and empty inventory. (lolgear, I know.)

As always, video accompaniment of some of the runs just for fun.

FredOfErik

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm reporting my old singer, I'll probably try to improve his efficiency for this thread.

SC Singer barb
Category: Pit p1
MF: 530
Item Find: 56%
Bosspacks: 786
Average time: 64.845
Efficiency: 5.29 sec/bosspack
Adjusted efficiency: 1.967 fabians

Total info about him is in this thread.
I would really like to see this map. Boss count is similar to mine, but speed is quite a lot better. Now, I expect to be slower because I suck and trackpad and all that, but I would like to have an idea of how good/bad my map is (feels pretty good compared to other maps I had, but never did too much rerolling). Also, I would obviously just like to see how you play him.

Fabian

Diabloii.Net Member
Was tricked into doing an attempt and I might as well report it before Grip comes in and takes first place:

SC Berserker Barbarian
Category: p1 Pit
MF: 810/660
Hork: 56%
Bosses: 779
Average Time: 58:472
Efficiency: 4.81 s/boss pack
Adjusted Efficiency: 1.674 Fabians

Last edited:

Darkthrone

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll quote you what Fabian said about it and we all agreed with:

<Fabian_> "the issue is that it's difficult to know how to account for that death in a fair way. consider that when you die, your run time average for the whole session goes down. there's no easy way to get around this problem, since timing each run individually is obviously logistically impossible. it seems the easiest way to solve it is to not allow it, as allowing it would open up for potential abuse (both deliberate and accidental"

Background of all of this is not suitable for this thread. In short, it's hard to compensate for death, too many factors to include.
It is true; not allowing it all is the simplest way to solve it. It's just discouraging.

I understand your dilemma, but it doesn't take more than 1.5 hours to do 200 LK runs or much more than a hour to do 200 Pindle runs. I ran softcore LK, I know how it is and you don't die that frequently unless you don't watch where you teleport. I'm sure you can do 200 LK runs with no death easily, or 200 Pindle runs. Am I wrong?
An hour of time is an hour of time. I know we have all sat down and played 1.5 hours of D2 (and much more) and thought nothing of it, but that's because the time was never really "wasted". In this scenario I'm playing towards a specific goal and having the chance of losing that time makes me think twice about doing it; I much rather just do my own thing and not have to worry about it.

And no, you're not wrong; you can easily do 200 Lower Kurast runs without dying but I am sure your average time will be higher. Kinda hard to see where you're teleporting when the huts have roofs :p I probably die every ~100 runs in Lower Kurast, +/- 20 runs. I try to be as fast as possible. I want my runes, dammit! :)

But, I have a compromise that may satisfy all parties (totally optional of course - no one has to do it this way): it's been established that we don't have to do all the runs in one, big continuous run. So, how about breaking the runs into blocks of say 50. Then you could do four blocks of 50 and get your 200 - BUT - if you, say, died on your 36th run in your third block, you just restart that block and continue on; the previous two blocks remain intact. You would create 4 profiles so each timer is independent of the others. No fuss, no muss. That way there's a lot less risk, and you get your 200 runs.

Opinions?

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
@FoE
I dont have that map anymore, but I have better map now with a little higher bosspack count for my zerker. I'll see to it to make video for ya when I get to Froz place and respec zerker to singer. Bandicam doesn't work on my laptop. Program that can record while in full screen would be helpful as well.

@ Nagisa
You crazy ......! That efficiency is some of most craziest things I ever saw in diablo. I mean, I would like to see someone come even close to this. Too bad you don't have charms. With charms, you would have 1.95 fabians, which is totally mad. Not to mention you could probably roll a better map. Hey, did I tell you how impressed I am with your efficiency? Making budget AT sorc out of crap, still far the best. I would really like to know how efficient your zerker would be. Probably craziest efficiency in diablo history :crazyeyes:

Hopefully you will want to repeat that whole running, but this time with inventory full of mf charms to get your REAL efficiency, not this budget adjusted efficiency. Not that important, people can easily see your efficiency and get conclusion, but still... It pains me to place you on a second place because of that, really.

@ Fabian
I'm glad you decided to give it a try. Also I hope that you will keep trying. Once you get in a form, no one will stand in your way :)

@ Darkthrone
What you suggested is exactly what I explained to do when someone die, and is exactly why we added "no death" rule. When someone dies and let's say he ignore that block to continue to the next one, this still affects overall efficiency. That can either screw up average time (next 50 block will be worse than those when you died) or it can be really helpful (those new 50 will be better than those when you died). Say you had 5 bosspacks average for 30 runs, then you died, and in next 50 you had 7.5. Not a fair game. Usually we can do something like that, but here we want as precise results as we can give, so we don't wanna those kind of things in it. Also problematic part with all this is runs are then not consecutive, and they should be for this thread. One more reason why we added "no death" rule to prevent things like that.