Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SPF Awards for 2018 - Nominations!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Jan 12, 2019 at 12:56 PM.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

Ladies, gentlemen and furry companions!

It is time to get the ball rolling for the SPF Awards for 2018, following on from the Legacy Awards 2014-17 which brought us up-to-date after a few missing years. Again, it was agreed to focus on the key aspects of the forum, which I feel were appropriately worded last time but correct me if you feel these things to not encapsulate your experience of the SPF. I will ignore you, but let me know anyway.

Best Guardian

Best Matriarch/Patriarch

Best Tournament

Best D2 thread

Best Item Drop

Best Community Contributor

Best WTF?!/Do'h! Moment

Special Award for Outstanding Contribution to the SPF
    The following are not eligible as they have already won the award: Nightfish, Cattleya, DarkChaos, Randall & Silospen, The Doc, Thyiad, jjscud, jianzons, RTB, Hrus, Onderduiker and gripphon.

Rules
    - Nominations will close on Tuesday 22nd January 2019 at 23:59 (precisely!) or earlier if the process has run out of steam.
    - Anyone can make a nomination.
    - Nominations can be for threads posted during 2018 only.
    - Nominations will be voted for by the community using PMs, ties will be decided by community poll.
    - You can make a maximum of three nominations in a single category.
    - Please post reasons for nominations, where possible.
    - You can self nominate.
    - I will update nominations on the front page regularly.
    - Use the table provided to add your nominations and please check that it isn't a duplicate.
    - The 'Best Guide' award has been converted to a general D2 thread category. Do not nominate tournaments, or guardians etc - keep it to threads which are not covered by other categories.
    - Nominations are encouraged from members old and new, but if you feel unable to contribute nominations, please do get involved in voting later!

- Please post nominations in the table below using the format of the example below and avoid duplicate nominations.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Nominations:

Best Guardian
    Example Thread (being a link), by Forum_User

Best Matriarch/Patriarch

Best Tournament

Best D2 thread

Best Item Drop

Best WTF?!/Do'h! Moment

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 7:50 PM
    T72on1 likes this.
  2. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 4:30 PM
    T72on1 and Kitteh like this.
  3. Kitteh

Somebody didn't put their nomination in the table *avoids swinging hammer*

Nominations:

Best Guardian

Best Matriarch/Patriarch

Best Tournament

Best D2 thread

Best Item Drop

2 Weeks Too Late - Item Find Thread April 2018, by pharphis, proof that what is posted in first post of a new IFT affects the whole thread.

Best WTF?!/Do'h! Moment

4. Gynli

Gynli IncGamers Member

Following zoe's line of thought...

I nominate Zod God Sept by @Grape for Best Mat/Pat. Best Thread

Reason - he actually completed the frigging sept!

Please excuse the lack of formatting as I'm typing this from my phone. :oops:

Edit:
    It is a sept in the end... i nominate above for best thread category instead =)

Somebody didn't put their nomination in the table *avoids swinging hammer*

Edit2: still on phone. But had the time.

Nominations:

Best Guardian

Best Matriarch/Patriarch

Best Tournament

Best D2 thread

Zod God Sept, by Zod God himself, written record of when the Zod God walked among us mortals.

Best Item Drop

2 Weeks Too Late - Item Find Thread April 2018, by pharphis, proof that what is posted in first post of a new IFT affects the whole thread.

Best WTF?!/Do'h! Moment

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 12:52 PM
    Kitteh likes this.
  5. ArtOfSenf

ArtOfSenf IncGamers Member

Uff, how can we keep track of everything posted last year? Is there an option to only show posts of 2018?

6. Kitteh

You could search and list as most recent first?

7. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

As our furry friend suggested, sorting by most recent is probably a good way for general thread viewing. For specific queries (the Mat/Pat/Guardian threads, for example), the Advanced Search will be your friend. Make sure you fill in the 'Newer Than' Field, and set it to Dec 31 2017, then just search away. I also sort by most recent, so that I can easily eliminate the January 2019 threads.

I was already doing it, so I'll go ahead and link the results for Mat/Pat/Guardians for 2018 below, but other searches you'll need to do yourself. :)

2018 Matriarchs:
    https://www.diabloii.net/forums/sea...ate]=1514696400&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=3+119

2018 Patriarchs:
    https://www.diabloii.net/forums/sea...ate]=1514696400&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=3+119

2018 Guardians:

I searched by Title only, so these should pretty much only show M/P/G that have dedicated threads. This means some Guardians completed in tournaments will likely slip through the cracks if they didn't have a thread made for them, so a quick look into the tournaments run in 2018 would point those out too.

Thanks again @Kitteh for running this, I'll have my submissions in later in the week most likely. I've got some reading to do first!

Zyr, ArtOfSenf and Kitteh like this.
  8. Kitteh

No worries at all. If people want longer to nominate then just post and I will extend it if we need to, no need to rush.

9. maxicek

@Pb_pal Of course not all of us put the word Patriarch in our Pat threads.... :confused:

ioupainmax and Kitteh like this.
  10. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

@maxicek - actually it looks like that might pretty much be just you ;) I searched again with the "titles only" box unchecked, and it only turned up a couple extras from what I can see.

Patriarch Ulysses - Classically Themed Smite / Ranger Paladin by maxicek
    Patriarch Sorciere - a D1-themed Staff-wielding FoHer

and a couple guardians from tournaments, which can be found in the tournament thread.
    Quinta, Valk/Passive/CS/LS Zon (actually a Matriarch)
    Guardian Viridissima the Passive/CS Amazon by jiansonz

I'm glad you mentioned it, because those are all worthy of a closer look and possible nomination. I may have missed some along the way, but either way this is a good place to start looking if you don't have any jump out of your memory from the last year.

Kitteh and Zyr like this.
  11. Jamie

Jamie IncGamers Member

@Kitteh So to nominate the best item drop, we should go through the entire thread and find the best item? :O sounds torturous!

ioupainmax and Kitteh like this.
  12. Kitteh

If it’s worthy, one should remember it ;)

ioupainmax and Jamie like this.
  13. Jamie

Jamie IncGamers Member

I assume we don't nominate ourselves? I had a cool Amazon Amulet from few weeks or months back that seemed pretty cool, but I don't want to be a selfish nominator ahahaha. Last year I've found Dshard, Griffons and cool rares, but I am not trying to be a jerk lmao. I assume that RARE items are probably what ends up being the best find anyway huh? or a Craft I suppose. sorry for spam.. my first go through where I stuck with this for such a long period. I have never seen the awards ceremonies.

Fruit likes this.
  14. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

I think the weirder and less common the item, the better. Even the rarest items from the current patch are fairly mundane at this point. Think we've seen enough Zods this year :D?

The three craziest items that immediately come to my mind are WoRG's Spear of the Gods from 2012, Nulio's crazy 1.07 necro amulet from 2014, and Liquid's Evil's Big Stick of Hurtiness from 2005. I wish the image links still worked on WoRG's and LE's item but trust me, they were/are insane.

Drixx and DiabloTwoinDC like this.
  15. Kitteh

Self-nominations are absolutely welcome :) I nominated one of my guardians last time, because I had so much fun playing her.

Fruit likes this.
  16. Albatross

Albatross IncGamers Member

I'll go ahead and nominate the Build Efficiency 101 by @ffs. Not sure which category, could be best thread/contribution/outstanding contribution. If someone could chip in, I'll edit the post and properly add the nomination.

I also liked @Owlie's series of useful and insightful threads: Merc damage spreadsheets for various setups, Musings for finding gems, charms and crafting materials, and The new magic finding efficiency spreadsheet.

I'll forgo modesty and also self nominate my own From rolling AT maps to completing the grail. It's technically a guide which the OP states was replaced by best thread, so I guess it fits there?

Edit: made links nicer

NanoMist and Fruit like this.
  17. maxicek

Somebody put his nomination back in the category he meant it to go in.

Nominations:

Best Guardian

Best Matriarch/Patriarch

Best Tournament

Best D2 thread

Zod God Sept, by Zod God himself, written record of when the Zod God walked among us mortals.

Best Item Drop
    Necro Coronet by maxicek

Best WTF?!/Do'h! Moment
    2 Weeks Too Late - Item Find Thread April 2018, by pharphis, proof that what is posted in first post of a new IFT affects the whole thread - A ridiculous amount of Zod drops.

Added a selfie too.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019 at 9:12 PM
    Kitteh likes this.
  18. Drixx

Drixx IncGamers Member

DarkChaos helped me make a hurty stick a few years later. I found a Zod in 1.10 or 1.11 and it just sat in a stash for ages. DC provided the 40/15 jewels and eth weapon since he had quit. I actually e-mailed the stash with that in it to my Gmail so I wouldn't ever lose it.

TopHatCat64 likes this.
  19. Kitteh

Ohhhh, touché boss :eek:

maxicek likes this.
  20. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Nominations:

Best Guardian

• Ghost, Nat's WW Assassin by @srrw - WW Assassins are a very cool build, especially in full Nat's; however, WW characters aren't the easiest to keep alive, since you can't pot mid-ww; so very well done of srrw, in a stylish way, and with a nice write-up to boot

Best Matriarch/Patriarch

Best Tournament

• Revenge of the untwinked 99ers, by @Kitteh - just look at the number of level 99 characters and the number of people still running
    • RFL 2018 by @Grape - tournament that combines all aspects we like so much: good amount of participants, a lot of theorycrafting, new and more efficient ways to run certain targets discovered, accessible for everyone due to the 3 week period per round, and at times epic drops

Best D2 thread

• Zod God Sept, by Zod God himself, written record of when the Zod God walked among us mortals.
    • SPF 99er Compendium by @PhineasB - so much good info packed into one thread, about something that has become something very big over the last few years: level 99 characters

Best Item Drop

• @maxicek , because it's incredible and so highly appreciated what he has done and still does for the SPF, not only as a mod, but also as a member of the SPF

Best WTF?!/Do'h! Moment
    • 2 Weeks Too Late - Item Find Thread April 2018, by pharphis, proof that what is posted in first post of a new IFT affects the whole thread - A ridiculous amount of Zod drops.
    • RFL 2018 - round 1 results - 4 Zods in one round of a tournament?! Wow, just wow. And yes, it's quite the shameless self promotion in part, but it's literally still a WTF moment for me every time I think about that round

• @Grape He doesn't post as much as he used to, but when he does, it's covered with awesomesauce, and it has been like this at least ever since I joined this forum 3 years ago: Zod God, Zod Sept, magic and rare only characters, host of the RFL ... enough said ;).

Pb_pal, PhineasB, NanoMist and 5 others like this.