Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SPF Awards 2018 - Voting Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

Ladies and Gentlemen. Furry balls. Maybe Balls of fur sounds better?

Welcome to the voting thread for the SPF Awards 2018. Below are the nominated threads, and there are as usual some crackers, so please get voting. The nominations thread can be found here, but the full list of nominations should be included below.

Voting is very simple, just send me a private message with one vote per category. I will give it until 11:59pm on 12/02/2019 for votes to come in because I know that a lot of people can be away for a few days and there are plenty of great nominations to consider :D We can extend it if required, but I'm in Sweden for two weeks from 19th, so I won't be free to sort it out after that.

So, without further rambling, the nominations!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Nominations:

Best Guardian

• Ghost, Nat's WW Assassin by @srrw - WW Assassins are a very cool build, especially in full Nat's; however, WW characters aren't the easiest to keep alive, since you can't pot mid-ww; so very well done of srrw, in a stylish way, and with a nice write-up to boot
    • Haematopoiesis, Bonemancer by @Kitteh - He was fun to play :D

Best Matriarch/Patriarch

Best Tournament

• RFL 2018 by @Grape - tournament that combines all aspects we like so much: good amount of participants, a lot of theorycrafting, new and more efficient ways to run certain targets discovered, accessible for everyone due to the 3 week period per round, and at times epic drops
    • Set/Unique Worshippers 2018 by @jiansonz - These tournaments are a staple of SPF history, and this one had it all. A couple Guardians, some massive finds, and just generally some awesome gameplay and writeups along the way.
    • MFO 2018 by @PhineasB - One of the finest traditions in the SPF, this is the ultimate magic finding tournament.

Best D2 thread

• Zod God Sept, by Zod God himself, written record of when the Zod God walked among us mortals.
    • SPF 99er Compendium by @PhineasB - so much good info packed into one thread, about something that has become something very big over the last few years: level 99 characters
    • Build Efficiency 101 by @ffs - Tons of information here for both new players as well as seasoned veterans. Having all this information in one place makes it an invaluable resource for the SPF and is indicative of just how far we like to take things here.
    • From Rolling Ancient Tunnel Maps to Completing the Grail by @Albatross - We haven't seen detail like this for map re-rolling before. If you need to know anything about AT maps, look here. Great resource!

Best Item Drop

Best Community Contributor
    • @maxicek , because it's incredible and so highly appreciated what he has done and still does for the SPF, not only as a mod, but also as a member of the SPF
    • @PhineasB, he has given a great deal to the untwinked 99er tournament as both a participator and contributor, in addition to the 99er compendium. Given how trendy 99ers are at the moment, this contribution is fantastic!
    • @ffs , Amazing contributions to the efficiency meta through numerous builds, strategies, and of course the massive Build Efficiency 101 thread.
    • @Fruit, What would we do without a highly motivated code digger who can be bothered with any patch?

Best WTF?!/Do'h! Moment
    • 2 Weeks Too Late - Item Find Thread April 2018, by pharphis, proof that what is posted in first post of a new IFT affects the whole thread - A ridiculous amount of Zod drops.
    • RFL 2018 - round 1 results - 4 Zods in one round of a tournament?! Wow, just wow. And yes, it's quite the shameless self promotion in part, but it's literally still a WTF moment for me every time I think about that round
    • Deadly beetles, by Kitteh - possibly my most painful deeds so far in terms of items lost, but also because of how utterly terrible it was. I mean, the sound of it!

Special Award for Outstanding Contribution to the SPF
    • @Grape He doesn't post as much as he used to, but when he does, it's covered with awesomesauce, and it has been like this at least ever since I joined this forum 3 years ago: Zod God, Zod Sept, magic and rare only characters, host of the RFL ... enough said ;).
    • @maxicek, he has done a sterling job since taking over as the day-to-day moderator of the SPF, and in addition to his other contributions to the forums, I think that recognition is due.
    • @Fabian, revolutionised magic finding with the Pit Zerker build and has much to do with the efficiency concepts that Grip built on.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Luhkoh, sir_cyclops and ArtOfSenf like this.
  2. ArtOfSenf

ArtOfSenf IncGamers Member

Sent. Thanks for doing this! Much appreciated :)

Kitteh and sir_cyclops like this.
  3. Kitteh

Bumpidy bump.

4. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Sent my votes in!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Kitteh likes this.
  5. Zylo

Zylo IncGamers Member

Thanks for doing this. PM’d.

Kitteh likes this.
  6. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

I assume no voting in a category where you are nominated?

7. Kitteh

Eh, we didn't do that last time actually. We can add it though?

8. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC IncGamers Member

No voting if you live in the District of Columbia.. Taxation without representation!!

Kitteh likes this.
  9. smloeffelholz

smloeffelholz IncGamers Member

I sent in my votes.

Kitteh likes this.
  10. Bobbo

Bobbo IncGamers Member

Votes sent. Thread bumped ;)

Oh, and welcome to Sweden Kitteh, enjoy the snow :)

Kitteh likes this.
  11. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Votes sent. And bump.

Come on people, put out your votes now !!!

Kitteh likes this.
  12. Albatross

Albatross IncGamers Member

Votes packed and shipped!

Kitteh likes this.
  13. Kitteh

Thanks @Bobbo - any really nice libraries or book shops in Stockholm? :D

@Albatross Hey stranger!

14. Bobbo

Bobbo IncGamers Member

Sorry, I wouldn't know, I live way north of there.

Kitteh likes this.
  15. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

Votes sent in a few days ago :) Thanks @Kitteh for putting this together!

...also, @Kitteh - what all did your singer lose on the death to the beetle?

Kitteh likes this.
  16. Kartongen

Kartongen IncGamers Member

There is one in Gamla Stan (oldtown) called "sci-fi bokhandeln" that is quite nice.
    That is basically the extent of my knowledge of Stockholm, as I, like Bobbo, live quite further up North.

Kitteh likes this.
  17. Kitteh

Enigma. Fortitude. My only Arach/Shako. SoJ. My only ethereal Reaper's. A few skillers and my best life charms. Nothing much :rolleyes:

Ohhhh, I shall try it out :D

18. Friiser

Friiser IncGamers Member

Wow... just wow. That's got to be up there on the most wealth lost on a single HC death...if there is such a tracker. I think if that happened to me I'd rage quit. ...well, for at least two, possibly three days.

DiabloTwoinDC and Kitteh like this.
  19. Kitteh

I found the SoJ the day before and I had only just made the Enigma. I'm pretty sure that I laughed on the video^^

Edit: Here we go. More of a pained chuckle really :oops:

Onomatopoeia's death.

ioupainmax likes this.
  20. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

That should be a catagory going forward... "Most hours lost to a single deeds" :rolleyes:

sanguillen and Kitteh like this.