Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spell Charges on Items

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Toa3t, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Toa3t

Toa3t IncGamers Member

Spell Charges on Items

Hey,
    Everyone (ok, most) knows that Marrowalk boots will give a Necromancer the same synergies as if he had a base of 33 skill points invested in Bone Prison, making them one of the best choices for a Necro (and also banned in most PVP). I also read a Rabies-based guide that advised a Carrion Wind because it would act on a Druid as if there was 21 skill points invested in Poison Creeper (note: for both items, it only works if there are no actual points invested in BP/PC).

My question is this: does this bug apply to all charged items? If so, what other items could be exploited in a similar matter? I remember Boneslayer Blade has a high-level Holy Bolt charges.. however, all spells that gain synergies from HB have it as a pre-req, so it's not too good.

Thanks,

-Kevin

2. Boddah_khan

Boddah_khan IncGamers Member

Yes, all items with charges on them can be used as a bug. Stone is another popular item to use for free synergies on druids. Cheers!

3. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

Yes, other items can be exploited. However, I doubt any of them will compare to the power that skill lvl 33 Bone Prison charge provides. Also, I don't see how Stone is popular for synergy bonuses, you must speak of the lvl 16 Molten Boulder charges? It would only benefit Firestorm and your Firestorm could never be as powerful powerful as it could be because you would have to put a point (and kill the synergy bonus) in Molten Boulder to get to Fissure to max it as a synergy. Nothing comes close to Marrowalks.

4. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

You're forgetting that through this, you can get a free slvl 16 synergy on a skill granted by another item....still quite nice I'd say.

5. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Even with an slvl 16 synergy Firestorm will only do something like 416-453 fire damage at level 20--not to be sniffed at, true, but nothing which is going to mow them down like ninepins in Hell (or even late Nightmare). I suppose it might be useful if you're trying for an elemental summoner...

6. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Well, take it's impact on Armageddon for example. Say I have a +3 Armageddon on my headgear, say on a mask with +1 skills. Then add a Heart of the Oak, a +2 amulet and a SoJ...then you have a slvl 10 Armageddon at no skill point investment. Damage is then 170-231. Now add a Stone armor...the synergy improves the damage to 550-748. Not bad, for 0 skill points invested.
    Of course it's not overly effective, but it's still something to keep in mind if you plan on using Stone armor anyhow.

7. Chaldan

Chaldan IncGamers Member

Fire Claw could get a nice boost from Stone, allowing for more points in summoning/shapeshifting