Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Speed zon vs Wf user ?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by OpiuTry_OnE, Mar 15, 2004.

1. OpiuTry_OnE

OpiuTry_OnE IncGamers Member

Speed zon vs Wf user ?

how they have their advatages and disvantages? since i am a fan of speedzon i would wanna know how r they different and is my HOJ matrical bow 314ed with 3+ bow skills useful as 1 hand or 2 hand wep?

2. Tragics

Tragics IncGamers Member

HI i have a HoJ, Botd bow and wf. If you are saying speedazon, all these bows can achieve 8/2 framerate. wf is the big damage daddy, botd is lesser dmg but cooler with awesome stats and rich leeches, hoj is a very good crowd controller but has the highest chance per hit due to itd and the damage is just decent.

3. OpiuTry_OnE

Yes.. but i thought speedzon are supoose to reach 7 frame? which is impossible for botd/wf users.. Hoj mat/great and some cruel mats/great bow r the the possible bow for reaching the frame?

4. Hacker24

Hacker24 IncGamers Member

Can one of you tell me what HOJ stands for? thanks.

5. orgydream

orgydream IncGamers Member

Hand of Justice

6. Tragics

Tragics IncGamers Member

In my opinion achieving a 7 frame is just a waste of adding more ias items, thus sacrificing for other items features that enhance resists or damage. HoJ Mat bow can achieve a 7/2 frame but however 7 frame is applicable only to multishot and (non-strafing attacks) if i am correct. The jump for 1 lesser frame just doesnt cut it, 8/2 is the most idealistic for speedazons.

7. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

IMO it depends on which skill you are using...

Multishot is perfect for speedzons since the damage isn't fantastic the damage reduction doesn't hurt as much, but since you're shooting faster your damage over time would be better.

Strafe on the other hand adds a damage bonus and has a set-up shot and fast follow-up shots so you'd rather go with the highest damage bow you can find since the output would be that much greater.

Using multishot a 7 frame 314%ED HoJ is about 200 damage less per second from the WF assuming a lvl 80 character. Personally the freeze, and the blind win out over the Knockback on the WF. Also, you can save quite a few skill points with the ITD than you can with the WF.

It'll be kinda up to you and what are you using it for? PvM? PvP?

In either case might I suggest a Holy freeze, Reaper's Toll Merc. O btw... speedzons usually like riphook... what steered you away from that?

8. OpiuTry_OnE

is for pvp mainly... for guided does 7 frame as important as muti?

9. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

For guided damage is more important since there is a damage bonus instead of a penalty like there is on multi.

And still for both it speed is important for hit recovery... The biggest damage bonus on HoJ is ITD and that doesn't work on PvP furthermore Blizzard rigged it so you can no longer get someone completely block locked or hit recovery locked.

The difference is 3.5 attacks vs 3.1 attacks... for PvP I'd give up the .4 attacks for the extra 200 damage. The HoJ should still be good for PvM / MF though.