Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Speed Racer

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by riv, Sep 20, 2014.

1. riv

riv Diabloii.Net Member

Just finished this, damn this is a tough one. I found it very interesting that 1 hour isn't just a random number that looks pretty, its actually a threshold that's very hard to hit and requires a good deal of coordination, speed, and luck. All of our failed attempts were only 2-5 minutes short, and as far as I'm aware the fastest run is around 55 minutes.

I can only see EU leaderboards where we took 49th place, how many have completed this on US, for comparison?

As for class balance, DHs are obviously the most popular for this, with wizard and crusader closely behind. As wizard I was slower than DHs in most areas, but in some (mostly act 3 ramparts/depths/bridge) I had an advantage due to being able to skip walls. Not sure how crusaders perform, I guess they should be very similar to DHs on this. Monks should be slower since they can't quite achieve 0 cd blink, but they do have high movement speed to compensate. I have no idea how a few WDs got in there.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  2. Katniss

Katniss Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats. This one is on my radar and the last Conquest I need to "catch 'em all" this season. Last I checked, less than 30 had done it for the Americas. It's definitely not as easy as it looks from the outside. I have found that the more people you add to the equation, the more that can go wrong with someone experiencing lag or having a crappy computer system. We only have a handful of attempts, but with just two of us (DH and Crusader) we managed about 64 minutes as a best. I imagine adding a Wizard, as you noted originally, will shave quite a bit of time.

3. riv

riv Diabloii.Net Member

I would definitely recommend 3+ as there are plenty of locations where you need to split. Like desolate sands, where there are two dungeons, one of which is faster to do with 2 ppl, plus you need one to wait at the archives entrance.

4. Yoo

Yoo Diabloii.Net Member

Kat, I would be up for giving it a shot with you and Neinball. I have a swiftmount, the cdr, the coffee, and I know most all the maps.

5. Katniss

Yoo, you know where to find me. Let's get it done!

6. Matt

Matt Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Katniss and I tried this on our crusaders, and missed it by less than 6 minutes. Easily the biggest factor, as expected was RNG on dead ends vs quickly finding objectives. With just 2 of us, that played a big role.

Being on skype (with him telling me where I needed to be ahead of time) really helped with coordination. I think we'll play to try it again this weekend, if anyone else is interested!

7. Katniss

I was actually surprised at the effectiveness of two Crusaders. Figured it'd be slower than times with a DH, but that was very on par. Pretty sure adding one person will make a significant difference and having four is major insurance against the RNG situations.

I'm also beginning to think that for the most part, it probably helps to sit someone in town for instant ticking off of all of the checkpoints and beginning/endings of quests, as boring as it would be. It would save tons of seconds that add up over five acts.

8. Jcakes

Jcakes Diabloii.Net Member

If you want someone to be checkpoint getter I could do it. Just won't be around this weekend