Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spec's Trade Thread + Pricing

Discussion in 'US West Standard - Ladder' started by Spectear, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Spectear

Spectear Diabloii.Net Member

Spec's Trade Thread + Pricing

Not updated please disregard for now. Happy trading all. I'm back until D3!

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  2. JEB90

JEB90 Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Spec's Trade Thread + Pricing

A few observations/suggestions.

1--I'd base prices around Ist; you will never buy anything worthwhile with Puls and have a REALLY hard time trading Puls for higher runes. Seeing, for example, 100-200 for Ravenfrost is just confusing.

That said, I think the rune chart should be

Mal=.5
    Ist=1
    Gul=1.5
    Vex=3
    Ohm=5
    Lo=8
    Sur=~5
    Ber=9
    Jah=10
    Cham=3-4
    Zod=5

I'll add more feedback later if people are interested in this.

JEB90

*jeb90

3. Spectear

I'm okay with using Ist as the baseline and just omitting anything lower than that. I've seen Jah and Ber basically identical though but, the rest seems fine.

4. vibingv

vibingv Diabloii.Net Member

I find the Eu S6 guide is fairly close to our current West S6 prices, probably due to HR issue you mentioned above near the end of the last season affecting the West S5 guide. But it's not nearly as comprehensive either. Nice of you to take this on. :thumbup:

It might be nice to include a few items less than Ist that are more commonly sought after so people have a reference, if you have the time. Like SS, Tals armor/ammy go for an Um for example. To people are are used to trading it might not be so daunting but people who are new at it could use the help on items like that.

5. Spectear

I'll compare some of those prices more when I have the time. At a glance though it seems like they tried a bit too hard to down convert currency and at least on our realm I'm firm on Pul-Ist being worth their rune conversion (there it's listed as 3 Pul = Ist).

I think using Ist as the base currency will help keep the numbers reasonable so we aren't looking at ridiculous pricing numbers for what could have once been listed as 10-20 HR's.

I will still list many common items that are under Ist in value for their appropriate rune value which should make things easier for those unfamiliar with the current economy. Anything under or about a Lem will be listed as such and below that I will leave it up to the seller to decide what their value is.

Thank you both very much for the feedback.

6. jAguero

jAguero Diabloii.Net Member

Hi there,

Would 5pgems for your Homunculus be alright? Let me know, thank you.

*Jernym

7. HSRed

HSRed Diabloii.Net Member

And the reason being...? I'm just curious because I've always been under the impression that Ber = Jah, and that's how I've seen they're valued here and how they're traded on Bnet (granted Bnet trades are oftentimes terrible standards). Am I missing something here?

Oh and I second Ist being the base instead of Pul.

8. JEB90

JEB90 Diabloii.Net Member

Well, I agree, sort of. People do trade Ber for Jah all the time straight up, depending on what they need. When dealing with stuff that costs HRs, most people will take Ber, Jah, and even Lo interchangeably. When selling for Ists--or more importantly trying to buy for Ists--I have noticed a difference. Now personally, I would never trade a high rune for Ists. I don't like to end up with less valuable items--even in quantity. I save my HRs for buying things worth HRs. Maybe you're right that the difference is disappearing, but I do think you'd have an easier time getting 10 Ists for a Jah than 10 Ists for a Ber. On a similar note, I also see people trade Ber straight up for Lo fairly often, if they need a Lo. I don't think you'd get 9 Ists (let alone 10) for a Lo. Maybe it's worth making that kind of distinction in the price guide--one price for HR trades; different when cashing for smaller runes.

JEB90

*jeb90

9. HSRed

HSRed Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm...interesting. I don't trade down my HR's much either so I haven't really noticed the slight advantage Jah holds over Ber, but I have seen straight up Lo for Ber trades quite often as well (done it a few times myself); Lo just seems to be extremely popular.

Frankly, I can't see people on Bnet willingly fork over 10 Ist for any of the 3, and I do think a price guide should address that. A separate table for HR trades would do nicely.

10. Spectear

I'll update this with these ideas in mind but, it might be a couple of days. Work just went from nothing to busy to explosions in a matter of hours.

11. nikorasu

nikorasu Diabloii.Net Member

hey are you still updating the list? It would be useful for me.

12. Rabiez

Rabiez Diabloii.Net Member

Is a Mal rune fine for the Immortal King's Soul Cage?

13. Spectear

Woah I can't believe someone necroed this from last year. Uh I don't really have time to keep updating this list honestly and I think my metric was rather poor from before. Sorry I wish I could be more of assistance in pricing but I just got back in to the game 2 weeks ago.

14. Spectear

I usually see IK Armor going for about Mal-Ist these days. Hope that helps you but please let this thread get buried as it was for a completely different ladder season and the pricing is very far off.