Special Talents!

AgentOrange

Diabloii.Net Member
Special Talents!

Everybody has one special talent, right? Right.
What are some of your guys?
Mine is typing, I can type at 140WPM using the Hunt n' peck method, which is typing using mainly your two index fingers and just the others for shift and enter and such, it's quite amazing :). I don't know how I do it, probably from playing MUDS (Multi-User Dungeon) telnet typing games.
What are some of your guys talents?
 

Xenon[XoA]

Banned

I can do a really high ollie...
hm...
uh

yeah, I'll get back to you on that.

oh wait!
a thought's coming...
I can fly!
 

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
My talent would actually be the Fast Typing Too.

At school they tried to teach us how to Type Properly (Fingers on "ASDF & JKL;" saying that was the fastest way) fortunatly i never caught on to that

I type with my index fingers and middle fingers. way faster than anyone i know that types normally. (Probably from all the Chatrooms)



EDIT:I havent checked my WPM in a while though so i cannot give you a WPM
 

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I type the correct way and I also type pretty fast. Frankly, I have a hard time believing that you can hit 140 WPM using hunt and peck. Say an average word is four letters long that's 9.33 keys a second to hit. That's really freaking fast.
 

Cain

Diabloii.Net Member
If it wasn't for the number of times I have to hit the backspace key, I'd be around 100 WPM...
 

Munch

Diabloii.Net Member
AgentOrange said:
Everybody has one special talent, right? Right.
What are some of your guys?
Mine is typing, I can type at 140WPM using the Hunt n' peck method, which is typing using mainly your two index fingers and just the others for shift and enter and such, it's quite amazing :). I don't know how I do it, probably from playing MUDS (Multi-User Dungeon) telnet typing games.
What are some of your guys talents?
I challenge this.

I work with professional typists who barely crack 125 wpm. They've been typing for more than 20 years each. Sorry, but your claim is impossible. I'm sure you can type fast, but not that fast.
 

AgentOrange

Diabloii.Net Member
Munch said:
I challenge this.

I work with professional typists who barely crack 125 wpm. They've been typing for more than 20 years each. Sorry, but your claim is impossible. I'm sure you can type fast, but not that fast.
I might as well be a professional typist, I work for a DJ Company that employs me souly for data entry based on my speed. I'm not over dramatizing, I can reach 140, it's not constant but I always type around 110-130, 140 is the fastest I've ever gone on a typing test with about 97% accuracy.


note: I failed my typing class in high school because I didn't type "the correct way". It was the stupidest crap I'd ever heard, if I can type about 70 WPM faster then the typing teacher WITH better accuracy, what's the problem?
 

Munch

Diabloii.Net Member
AgentOrange said:
I might as well be a professional typist, I work for a DJ Company that employs me souly for data entry based on my speed. I'm not over dramatizing, I can reach 140, it's not constant but I always type around 110-130, 140 is the fastest I've ever gone on a typing test with about 97% accuracy.
Sorry, still don't believe you. Guinness record is 170 wpm for standard typing. 120 wpm is "expert typist". There is no physical way someone can hunt 'n peck at 140.

Couldn't you have just gone with a reasonable lie, like 100?
 

AgentOrange

Diabloii.Net Member
Dj_Otaku said:
140WPM...Using the Hunt n' Peck method? I wanna see that.

Dj_Otaku
Heh yeah it's kind of weird but I've been doing it for so long it just comes sort of naturally, the weird thing is if I think about where the keys are on the computer I don't really know, but when I'm thinking of what to type it's like my fingers know instantly, even though I don't. It's hard to explain but it's kind of funny really.
 

AgentOrange

Diabloii.Net Member
Munch said:
Sorry, still don't believe you. Guinness record is 170 wpm for standard typing. 120 wpm is "expert typist". There is no physical way someone can hunt 'n peck at 140.

Couldn't you have just gone with a reasonable lie, like 100?
Don't troll. I'm not lieing, you have no grounds to accuse me of this on, you haven't seen me type and you don't know me.
 

Munch

Diabloii.Net Member
AgentOrange said:
Don't troll. I'm not lieing, you have no grounds to accuse me of this on, you haven't seen me type and you don't know me.
Whatever. I'm sure you're very impressive. :uhhuh:
 

AgentOrange

Diabloii.Net Member
Munch said:
Whatever. I'm sure you're very impressive. :uhhuh:
I'll take an online typing test as soon as I get home from work since this computer doesn't want to load java for some reason. I'll send you the direct link to my score.
 

Munch

Diabloii.Net Member
gismo said:
I know how to solve this. If you can type that fast and to prove it to them just take this typing test. When you finish print the screen and post it if you have a speed over 100. :evil:

http://www.mediacollege.com/test/keyboard/
I'm not doubting the site's accuracy, but I do doubt it's security. In other words, the phrases repeat quite often, and it takes very little typing ability to Ctrl+V enough times to get a >140 WPM.
 

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
For the love of Wolfrum, it's ****ing typing not a question of honor. Give it a rest, no one cares.
 
Top