Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Special about v1.09

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Tok97, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Tok97

Tok97 IncGamers Member

Special about v1.09

Soooooooooo...Im back to Diablo II, and how! Playing in v1.09 now with my new assasin, what do I have to know about v1.09? I want to play v1.09 to get a little of this 'old feeling' back, before all the shining features that were introduced in v1.10. But...it is a really old feeling, and what are the things I forgot about v1.09 I need to know?
    Are all the runewords the same in v1.09 as in v1.10? And were can I find some good v1.09 builds, before the synenergies etc.

Thanks in advance.

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

pick a class you like, choose a skill you like and run with it

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

As usual in 1.09 Sorceresses are very good, a Meteorb sorceress would be a good place to start. Amazons where also pretty mighty and they rule in the secret cow level:) Runewords are the same but of course the new 1.10 ones aren't available.

You can check out the strategy compendium for some 1.09 guides.

http://strategy.diabloii.net/

4. cft

cft IncGamers Member

I used to enjoy melee druids in 1.09. Mostly Wolf builds. They are less impressive in 1.10, so if you were thinking of playing one, 1.09 might be a good time.

5. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Unless they have been updated in the last couple of months or so the guides that can be accessed from the character FAQ's, in the strategies and more section iirc, are all still 1.09. As I've said before any whacky build you can think of is Pat/Mat-able in 1.09. I am working on a tri-elemental Assassin at the moment. I call her the juggler, trying to keep all those balls in the air at the same time. :D

6. Tok97

Tok97 IncGamers Member

Hehe, I was thinking about a Necromancer using a bow and with maxed skeletons.
    I had a Hunter once (Druid with Bow) and I enjoyed that one.
    Now my question : does the AR bug in poisondagger also works with ranged weapon? If not, it will be pretty useless to try making a Ranged Necro...

7. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Make sure you're using 1.09b instead of 1.09d so you can have "% chance to cast" itamz actually do you some good.