Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spearazons?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Muzzy Roberto, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Muzzy Roberto

Muzzy Roberto IncGamers Member

Spearazons?

Are there any decent guides (Or any bad ones, for that matter) for PvM Spearazons?

I was unable to find anything, and curious of making one.

If I were to make one, what would my main killin' skill be? Jab looks good, but there's something about Lightning Strike that looks promising... Fend looks tempting...

Also, would a high % A/D/E be advisable? more advisable than a higher Valkyrie?

2. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ IncGamers Member

I don't know of any exclusively Spearazon guides, but I can say that the build is diffrent than a Javazon. Some of the Javazon guides do have sections in them for spear users though.
    You'll need a few more points in STR & DEX as most spears have higher requirements in those areas than do Jav's. You'll also probably want a few more points in Jab. Of course your equipment will be different- you'll need some resists in a bad way w/o a shield stuffed full of P'diamonds.
    I always put more into D/A/E cause you won't have a shield (unless it's on the switch). As far as damage skill point allocation though. . .I'd go with Charged Strike. Maxed and synergized with a couple +skill points and this skill does some SERIOUS damage- especially to Act Bosses like Duriel with big bodies.

3. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

4. WrongdayJ

Not disagreeing. . .I'm just curious. . .how come no D/E/A at all?

Seems to me like you would want at least some chance to not get hit- especially if Fend is your skill of choice. I have tried spear builds with Fend and w/o D/E/A and found that when you are in the thick of it all you fairly well get the living daylights pounded out of you.

A fairly quick spear with Jab on the left click and maxed synergized CS (or LS)on the right with about 6-7 total pts in D/E/A works the best for me.

I think I might revisit a fend spear build though. . .sounds fun.

5. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

Did you bother checking out the links frosty gave you at all? The Fend bug would be the answer to the "how come" thingie.

Regarding the "not get hit" part, sure it's nice to not get hit, but isn't it nice to actually get to do something as well?
    To quote Nightfish:

6. WrongdayJ

Hmm.

After reading through the links (again) I see the point- and again I must say I don't disagree (absolutely no flames here). But in the example with the flayers and the 100 blowdarts- you only have to hit one and the rest is auto-pilot right? Your chain lightning wipes out about 3/4 of the croud and you mop up with jab or another LS. I guess it all boils down to playing style. I agree though that if you were going the pure fend route that not being evade-locked would be better than the slight chance an attack would miss.

Thanks for the infomation on the fend bug.

7. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

actually both strafe and fend share the same bug

you'll have to use jab instead

8. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

Jab is effected too, but it's hardly noticed because of the attack speed. Strafe has other issues, next delay, chance to hit, that make the "dodge bug" not very noticable.