Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spearazon!!!Q

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Blades, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Blades

Blades IncGamers Member

Spearazon!!!Q

Im making a spearazon ive decided to do 20 jab 20 impail then max as many passives as posible its lvl 20. Is jab a viable skill to use in hell? Or should i ditch this char and start a new spearazon using electric skills intead?

2. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Just ditch the impale, then use those points on one of the melee lightning skills. Impale is... um... not very good; way too slow, and you'll be TP-ing back to town every five minutes, assuming you live, to repair your spear.

Maxed Jab may be too much, although that's your call. I feel that having Jab at 6 after any +skills gear is sufficient. That's the point where there's no longer any damage penalty, and after that, the damage doesn't really scale well enough to be worth it. Personally, I'd save those points for passives, and/or invest more in the lightning synergies or the poison skills (for javs on switch).

3. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

fyi... charged strike seems to be popular

4. ConFusion

ConFusion IncGamers Member

I'd say charged strike max, jab 1, ~60% dodge, 50% a/e, 15 penetrate, +- 15 valk (you'll get some +skills anyway), rest in critical strike and possibly a syn. for charged strike.

I would recommend using the unique matriarchal spear as it gives 30-50% all resists (makes up for the lack of shield). Also silence/botd matriarchal spear are great, yet far more expensive (nobody makes spearazons nowadays so uniq spears are cheap when class specific). Some people choose to go with an upgraded ethereal lycander's flank (zod) but imho, it isn't worth the zod. Lycanders will get you through nightmare. Hell will be a problem, a huge problem, without shield and a huge damage spell. It's a very patient build but to me, it's also a very good build to play if you want to have fun.

Don't forget to equip your (defiance!) merc with some nifty gear. And get a stone runeword as armor... you'll need the defense.

5. disci

disci IncGamers Member

Forget eletrical skills for a Spearazon. They just dont fit into the picture :)
    Chargedstrike etc. are best used with java/shield. Imo Amazon who is carrying big stick should take advance of very high physical damage skills instead of lousy lightning skills. Its pretty simple, Fend got more balls than any other java/spear skill(Now plz repair the goddamn bug that makes this skills pretty much useless).

Blizz, be ashamed! ;)

6. Calizzar

Calizzar IncGamers Member

i was doin a hell baal run once and it was only me and a spearazon.. she was usin fend and had a botd matriarcal spear and she was killin pretty fast

what is the bug that makes fend useless?