Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spearazon PVM

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by GoreSpilr, Mar 24, 2004.

1. GoreSpilr

GoreSpilr IncGamers Member

Spearazon PVM

Is spearazon viable in hell? of all the builds this one seems to have the least info on it. I've seen some though, doing really good damage. Just wondering if somebody can point me to a build guide on a pvm spearazon. Seems the searchs I did just left me even more confused about these wonderful women. thanks,
    GS.

2. Cybot

Cybot IncGamers Member

you can check out theamazonbasin.com for the spearzon forum.
    It has some stories about why spearzons are so rare.

3. ConFusion

ConFusion IncGamers Member

I've finished baal nightmare (lvl 65) on my own, it's quite easy there. I'm 'cheating' a bit though, since I use whitstan's + titans on switch for Lightning Fury (just goes way faster then charged strike on minions).

I am VERY defense orientated. I use a stone wyrmhide and a defiance merc to help me out (and that defense on stoneraven is just nice). I wouldn't recommend going untwinked, some very decent gear (for spearazons) is really needed. Besides stone and stoneraven, I'm currently using a Vampire Gaze (to be swapped for a Crown of Ages when possible), a rare +1 skill/resist amu, rare ias/mf/dual resist/dex gloves, ravenfrost, thundergod's vigor, rare resist/ll ring, waterwalk.

The point (for me) is to do a decent amount of lightning damage with charged strike and max out resists, defense and life. Valkyrie, decoy, merc and sometimes golem (stone) help a lot too. But like I said, I only compeleted nightmare, nothing else.

4. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

It depends on what type of spearazon you want.

I've killed Hell Baal with my lightning spearazon. She's untwinked, hence poor equipment(mainly rares with unique boots) but very offensive-oriented.

Skills maxed are charged strike and lightning strike. Valk is lvl 17 (for war-pike), jab is lvl 9 (for ED). d/a/e/pent at 3 pts. Remaining pts in synergy.

Basically, you want to focus on +skills (if you use more lightning) and the usual +life/resists etc for a melee char. A balance is req.

I only have a defense of 600+ (mainly from a lionheart wyrmhide) but resists are maxed with exactly 1000 life at lvl 87. Damage is abt 1700 for LS and 2000 for CS.

You really need to co-ordinate your attacks with your valk/decoy/merc. I use an act 3 ice merc since he provides an "ice block" for me to focus my lightning strikes on. One thing tricky about the valk is that after she kills a monsters, she'll just walk away leaving you in the midst of things! Learn to cast inner sight and slow missle regularly and positon yourself such that your valk and decoy can shield you.

For an untwinked physical spearazon, you need a lot more skill and possible more mf-runs in NM to get good equipment. Crucial equipment would be simple a raven frost ring. You need CBF! Your skill can compensate for the rest Most importantly is your spear!. Ideally, get one that does at least 500 damage max. The 3 elite spears are pretty good so is an upgraded lycanders flank (good +skills for lightning hybrids too)

A model would be

Maxed valk
    Maxed pentrate
    Maxed fend/jab/impale
    d/a/e 1
    rest in CS/IS (around 10 each)
    few in decoy if necessary

5. GoreSpilr

GoreSpilr IncGamers Member

I appreciate your detailed reply. However I'm unsure about the fend/impale thing. Will I actually use those skills? I seem to have read a lot of material that slandered these skills especially fend. I guess the best way is for me to go out and try it. Ii'll just be frusterating if I end up with yet another failed char. Any further thoughts?
    thanks a lot,
    GS.

6. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

yeah, im also wondering about fend, why max it?

fend does awsome dammage, but at the expense of speed. its ungodly slow!

7. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

I think you meant impale. Impale is horribly horribly slow but maxed out it gives you 760% ED at lvl 20. Its great for a single target like act bosses IF you don't get interupted during the attack.

Fend has the same problem. It does good damage (260% IIRC) and is pretty fast but can also be interupted or worst. The bug has been mentioned here on numerous occasions. Basically, your fend fails to hit everyone although you're still stuck in the attack, ie. sitting duck. Hence you normally stand beside/behind something to prevent yourself from being swamped.

Hence jab is preferred and the main reason why you don't see many spearazons around. Its a slow build, risky and you definitely need a high skills level to survive.

For your first time, I definitely recommend going with lightning first. Get used to working beside your valk/decoy etc. Experiment different ways to kill LIs/PIs etc. Lightning spearzons also make great mf-ers in the pit :thumbsup: