Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spear Zon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by krispix, Oct 1, 2006.

1. krispix

krispix IncGamers Member

Spear Zon

Hi, Im making a spear zon and I need help with a skill and stat build.
    Im guessing for stats
    str: how ever much for equips
    dex: Not sure..
    Vit: Rest?
    Energy: Non

Im not sure if I should get light skills I want maxed and than get critical to..not sure and put jab mayby to lvl 16-20 (base) and mayby fend one point for mobs..but if i have charged strike i wouldnt think i would need this...

Help please?! Thanks

2. zalt

zalt IncGamers Member

umm. about the stats, str and dex as much as gear requires and rest in vita.
    Im not that much into spearzons but i really think fend is the way to go. Charged strike can do some serious dmg if synerged but fend is much faster.
    Critical strike is very important, you should get it to around 70%. Also put some points into dodge, avoid and evade.

3. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ IncGamers Member

Hmm. . .

Fend faster than CS? :shocked:

I suppose if one were in a crowd of Lightning Immunes (that weren't physical immunes, too). . .then yes I agree 100%. In ANY other situation though, I would have to say I kinda disagree. To me there's just something about 9 or so Charged bolts doing 1-3100 EACH scattering about that seems more destuctive than fend.

Just my opinion though. . .

4. Muzzy Roberto

Muzzy Roberto IncGamers Member

Actually, due to the fend bug, isn't better NOT to put points into D/A/E?

5. zalt

zalt IncGamers Member

Your probably right man, as said im not very experienced with spearzons. Maybe i should just shut my mouth when im not really sure about something hehe :tongue:

6. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

Yeah if you use fend, do NOT put any points into Dodge/Evade/avoid, which also means no valkyrie.

7. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Its is true that the fendbug makes you miss every follower hit you try to score. If you keep the mouse pressed all the time, you'll mis every hit thereafter. On the other hand, if you repress for every fend, you'll only miss the ones of that fend. So without a shield and no evade/dodge, you'll need massive life and lifeleech.
    Mostly, This is very hard to do, certaily agaist nonleech monster. Perhaps it is good to max jab, take on the dodge and evade skills, at minimum. Get high valk and decoy. And only use fend why there are only about 3 till 4 monsters. This way you'll not get hit that often, meaning that the fend will not occur that much and that if it occures, you'll not be missing for long. The length of fend is determined by the level and by the number of monsters surrounding you. If you can keep you merc, valk and decoy close to you at all times. I think this might be possible.

P.S. I'll search for the topic about fend where the fedbug is tested in game. Lets hope I find it.

[edit]
    found it.
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=490462

8. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

You could go with Fend, and miss out on D/A/E, and thus avoid the bug, or you could try a Jabber/CS speary, with some points in D/A/E to keep you alive.

Never tried one personally, but when i get my hands on a superior ethereal +3jav/spear Matriarchial Spear/Pike and throw an EBotD in there, i just might give it a go... I'll be going the Jabbing and Charged Strike route. Heck, with enough luck, i might just make her strong enough to take down the ubers... here's hoping. Heck, i might even skip on the Valk, since i'll be in the fray and don't really need a tank, and max out the Lightning and Physical damage to try and kill things before they kill me.

9. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

FrostBurn posted this list last week. It has a couple guides and several discussions about Fend. It's must read stuff.

Whether you Fend, Jab or CS, you still will have to deal with Iron Maiden, so a ranged attack will be needed. I put points into Plague/Poison jav. It kills.......at about the speed paint dries.:laugh: LF or a bow on switch would have been a better way to go.

10. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Until Blizz decides to fix the passives, you will always have problems with Spearzons :( The passives interfere with every attack, not just fend..jab, lightfury etc etc. If your passives kick in, you will not be able to use your current attack skill. The animation for your attack triggers, but on server side, you are dodging, evading etc and not attacking.

This is compounded for Spearzons since they have no blocking and need leech to survive. As far as skill allocation goes, 20 Cs, Lf, Fend is an option..the rest to taste..this allows an iron maiden soloution.

I love Speargirls but wish they would fix the bugs..not to mention the ridiculous req's on Spear class weapons

11. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I wish they would fix the bugs also. It makes half of our builds nearly unviable, and unplayable for many players. Well, maybe one third of our builds: bowazon, javazon, spearzon.

12. themachine

If one was avoiding D/A/E so they could make a fendazon, would maxing Jab be a waste if you were maxing Fend?

In otherwords what is the point in maxing Jab if you plan on maxing Fend? I read The Flayed One's Fendazon guide and it says to max Jab if you are planning to run uberTrist. Leftclick Jab and Right click Fend just for packs?

13. BildBenny

BildBenny IncGamers Member

Too bad there weren't any Runewords out of the most recent ones, that were intended for Spear-class weapons. It was all just swords/axes/polearms basically. On the other hand, if there were, there might've been a Spearzon-boom and those who truly loved the original build would lose their taste for it?
    Anyway, Spearzons rule! :thumbsup:

14. DudSpud

DudSpud IncGamers Member

Maxing Jab, probably not, especially if you wanted some Lightning attack. If going just physical, then a lvl6+ Jab is nice. Jab is for single monsters, as all three attacks hit the same monster, while fend is one per monster. My guess about the Jab-Uber recommendation is for quick application for CB.

Oh, and if you want to stay true to the Way of the Spear, consider the Beserk from Passion in a spear.

DudSpud

15. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

erm about this valkryie...

what ever happened 2 peace rw?
    surely an oppion...

16. krispix

krispix IncGamers Member

Hmm...I posted a PVP ama threadif you want to go to that that would kick

17. themachine

Peace doesnt give any enhanced defence, something that is certainly necessary for a spearazon.