Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spawning the Clone: Roughly, how many stones are usually required? o

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by jsiv, Mar 21, 2004.

1. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

Spawning the Clone: Roughly, how many stones are usually required?

I've been sitting in a game for like 2½ hours now cause the soj counter ticked a bit in an mf run. Started at 1254 and has now ticked all the way up to 1282.

Last time I met the clone, I saw 11 stones sold before he spawned, but it seems I might just have been lucky there.

What is YOUR experience? How many "ticks" on the counter do you usually get before he spawns?

2. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Well JSIV i can officially say noone knows. You may have gotten on that IP right after he walked and he might not walk again for 2 more days. Ive seen as few as 10 stones before a walk and as many as over 75. If your really intent on finding clone efficiantly. There is a site posted in the Bnet forums and you can go from there.

When i was big on finding d clone my friends and i could find and kill several in the span of an hour using the method i eluded to. If you dont find the site or anyquestions just PM and ill help where i can.

3. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

It takes a minimum of 75 soj sales and a maximum of 125 since the last World Event on the server you are on for him to spawn. For instance if he last spawned at 1230 sojs sold, then he won't spawn again till at least 1305 have been sold.

There are a few sites where you can find out the last time he spawned on the server that you are connected to, so you can see if he is anywhere close to showing his ugly mug.

It is also not hard to find which BNet server you are currently connected to. PM me if you would like a couple of useful links.

4. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

I think the solution previously given (using netstat) is close to an exploit. I don't feel like sitting around mIRC channels to figure out how to make him spawning. That's just me.

Anyway, he spawned 10 minutes ago after 32 soj sales while I was in the game. So the counter must have been ticking a bit before I entered. If your info is true anyway, but I'll take your word for it.

Got a nice party set up consisting of the nice folks og GAT-Europe so that's it for waiting today. Again, thanks for the help people if you read this.

5. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

When 1.10 came out I did some private DC runs too. I forget the exact data, but I spawned him about 12 times using about 1,000 sojs. Who knows if anyone else sold sojs at the time, I just made a game and sold sojs till he spawned.

The least was like 12 and the most was like 150.

Garbad

6. Rimuladas

Rimuladas IncGamers Member

I would like to buy your SOJ bearing tree please :) Or at least some seeds to plant my own with.

7. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

If I get a counter i grab my IK Barb and kill everything worht killing and if he doesnt spawn I move on........or I might put my other puter in the game, it just depends on how i feel abotu the game. If the counter is rolling fast I wont leave if its real slow I doubt I will stay. Dont need the damn things that bad to waste a night waiting.

8. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

If you sell a SOJ to a vendor, can you buy it back and sell it again?

My guess is that it vanishes when you sell it, but I'm not going to test it, even if I had a soj to test it with (my enchantress needs a 2nd +1 ring anyway).

9. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

I seriously doubt it, as if so, the clone would be spawning non-stop.

I have one soj on hcl but I'm not about to sell it to see!

10. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Hmmm....I had heard something entirely different about the spawning of the clone in relation to actual SoJ sales...

Guess I better go check the facts.

11. tooie1

tooie1 IncGamers Member

12. HR-Tecira

HR-Tecira IncGamers Member

Yes the link listed above has the right info on the clone. The general average seen is 70 to 130 soj sold since the last walk.

There is a site out there that has relatively accurate current count and last walk data on it. The data is collected with a d2loader plugin though so some might not want to use it. That is also why I can only call the information relatively accurate since if the site goes down or if a walk occurs while no one with the plugin is on the server then the last walked data will not be properly updated. The information there is used pretty heavily by the IRC people to chose what servers they will sell on since obviously a server that someone else has been selling on since the last walk will take less soj to pop again than a fresh just walked server.

I posted in the linked thread a bit about the clone spawn at all super uniques experiment that me and some friends worked on. It took a few weeks of relatively intense clone hunting to collect all the spawns but it was a fun trip :). Eventually Phantom will host a series of our screenshots from the various spawns. I just need to convert my screen shots from the Mac format to JPG to send to him sometime this week :).

13. Antarcticaaa

Antarcticaaa Banned

[drivel deleted by ZappaFan]