Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Spawning DC

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Malgor, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Spawning DC

I've been back to playing D2 for about 3 months now since my first frozen orb build in 1.08 (which I have updated and still have her).

I play 8 player games, but passworded and play solo in them. I have two computers and three accounts, so I could actually probably bring in one more Hell capable character to park somewhere to have two players in the 8 player game.

My question is - Is there a certain way to spawn DC or is it totally random? I've done the fast games where I spend only 5-10 minutes clearing pindle, shenk, eldritch, mephisto. Then, I've also spent the two hour games clearing everything.

If DC spawns how will I know? Will he be in the same zone I'm in at the time?

2. illa

illa IncGamers Member

Every game you make gets made on a different ip. What people do is decide what server they want to start selling Sojs on and then simply do it. It takes anywhere between 75-125 sojs to trigger the diablo clone. So basically you can\t do anything besides look on one of the many irc channels there are check on what server they are being sold on and hopefully find that server with help of either netstat or another program which tells which ip you are connected to on battle.net. I dont wanna go in details with this cuz frankly I think people are profiting from it to much and its unfair allready for those who feel like laming all day getting them....

3. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

DC spawns in games that have a soj count in. U will see a soj count periodically at the top of yer screen - ex. '2213 Stones of Jordan sold to merchant'. U will know when DC spawns when U get a message at the top that sez 'Diablo Walks the Earth', followed by the screen shaking. Go to the nearest super unique and DC will spawn there. If U find a game w/ soj counts and plan to sit in it til DC appears, do NOT clear everything out. If U prespawn or kill all the superuniques U wont get DC (I'm not 100% certain of this tho).

You can attempt to spawn DC yerself, but it requires sojs to be sold to any of the vendors. Depending on when DC spawned last on the server, it can be anywhere from 1 to 220 (approx) soj sales to spawn him... 99.9% of soj sold are thru nonladder games where sojs are/were as plentiful as Nagels...

4. svata

svata IncGamers Member

1st you will know when diablo clone spawns.

You can actually make him spawn. The problem is the cost. If you have lots and lots of SOJs just start selling them all in a game and if you sell enough D clone will come out in that game and the other games on that server.

Any game with SOJ Counter active is likely to spawn D Clone. After a random amount of SOJs are sold in that game or on that server Dclone will spawn. So if you see SOJ Counter in your game I suggest you wait or make a private game on that server. Beaware, you might ave to wait a long long time. See my previous post on Dclone on server .43. It explains how you identify server you are on.

Once Dclone spawns game will shake and say dclone walks the earth. Now you need to find a unique. First unique monster you or someone else in game activates will be diablo clone. He will drop you a pretty nice charm in hell mode if you kill him.

Hope this is helpful, Svata

5. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Thanks for the information... I've been in tons of games now where I get that 128 soj's sold to vendors message, never knew what it meant.

From now on I'll stay in the game until DC spawns, I've always just ignored that.

6. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Just be aware that soj counts don't necessarily mean he WILL spawn anytime soon. U could waste a day in a game w/ slow soj counts and never see DC.

Good luck, and Happy hunting