Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sparkler in 1.10

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by plasteredkittylizard, Feb 9, 2004.

1. plasteredkittylizard

plasteredkittylizard IncGamers Member

Sparkler in 1.10

So, just started a new account for 1.10 - I am a veteran of 1.09 but finally got a computer back up and running. Did some wheeling and dealing, came up with a little bit of decent equipment, and was wondering about a build I had played before.

I was wondering if with using several + to skills items and some good increased cast speed equipment, I could make a viable charged boltress - 20 to charged, 20 to lightning mastery, perhaps dump into synergies.....suggestions for an alternate killing methold, equipment, or if you think the concept totally sucks, let me know, by all means, please! I'm here because I respect the opinion of my peers, and lord knows I don't have the experience for 1.10 under my belt yet....

Thanks, guys!

2. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

To be honest, Charged Bolt could work, but there are much, much more powerful builds out there. Meteorb Guide or
    CL/FO Guide for example. 1.10 is tough, and I'm not sure if CB has got that "OOMPH" you need. However, if you can deal with not being able to kill 1/4th of the monsters in hell, you may want to try a lightning build.

20 CB [ synergy ]
    20 Lightning [ synergy / main skill ]
    20 Chain Lightning [ synergy / main skill ]
    20 Lightning Mastery [ mastery ]

That way, you have a decently powerful charged bolt, but also have the raw energy from Chain Lightning that will get you through Hell.

I would reccomend reading the CB/FO guide above for equipment, but obviously Oculus, Mara's, War Traveller/Silkweave, Storm Shield, Harlequin Crest, Arachnid's Nest, SoJ are the ideal equipment.

3. Duelskull2

Duelskull2 IncGamers Member

I Just recently made a light sorc. Cb dmg with lightning, and lightning mastery was around 700 at level 41. It nm it owned everything.. but havent tested it in hell yet. I think it would be viable, but there is the problem of if youll survive. It does best dmg when your relatively close, and there are some heavy hitting guys in hell. If you have a good merc I think it would work pretty good.

4. plasteredkittylizard

Thanks! It isn't about making the most uber build so much as taking constraints and making the best build possible within those constraints. I'm hoping to be working with a Shard and Wall of the Eyeless, have a Wiz Spike and Visceraunt right now, with Vipermagi and Snowclash (need to trade it prolly, or use it to boost my back up cold skills). Nothing insane, but good for just having started. Arcannas ammy seems to help a lot as well. Only problem I foresee is drinkin mana potions like candy, but thatll improve with Frostys and Manalds.

5. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

I might think about using stormshield for dr and maxed block. Fast cast is key to the build also though. The effectivness of cb really drops off hard if you're not right in their face so safety is an issue.

6. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

I made a charged bolt sorc a short time ago. As Duelskull2 mentioned, CB obliterates everything in nightmare, but in hell it's a lot harder. She survived, but partying is almost mandatory. Killing speed is very slow.

7. plasteredkittylizard

This is true, but last I saw it was sorta hard to acquire SS and I don't think I'm going the dex route - I was thinking more of using the Wall of the Eyeless, spamming with fast cast, and drinking more lil blue potions than is probably healthy. Pesky ranged attackers will probably be a downside....

Can you ever build up your mana regen base to the point that spells more or less don't really cost to cast? You would think so, due to the easily available mana regen runes and equipment, with warmth as well....

8. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

You sure can. In 1.09 I had a "Sparkler" that that could cast literally forever with no loss of mana. I do think you'll die a lot if you go that route though.

See if you can get Lidless Wall instead of Wall of The Eyeless. It is much better for this character. (or was that what you meant?)

9. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

I can't remember the exact stats, but with a few points in warmth an plenty of energy I managed without needing to bother with pots much; I got by well enough with only the pots that dropped from monsters, and then only after a particularly long battle.

10. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

You sure can. In 1.09 I had a "Sparkler" that could cast literally forever with no loss of mana. Boy was that character fun. I am ashamed to admit that he wore 2 occy rings (the one and only time I ever used a bugged item) and with other gear he had crazy fast cast and onscenely high skill levels. The white wave slew all :) I do think you'll die a lot if you go for such high mana at the expense of life though.

See if you can get Lidless Wall instead of Wall of The Eyeless. It is much better for this character. (or was that what you meant?)

11. plasteredkittylizard

Haven't seen the Lidless, actually. I might look into it, though. What clvl is it?

12. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

Level 42 required if I recall correctly.

13. Duelskull2

Duelskull2 IncGamers Member

Yep, 42. Your setup looks pretty good. There are a lot of plus mana and mana regen items as well. Consider getting frostburns as well, and id say stick with the wiz spike. Also, try to get a lot of plus skills, cb helps with that much dmg. Consider getting some in a cold armor as well for def. The plus to lightning is that with your gear and hopefully charms your eshield and telekenisis will be an ok level, meaning this will help too. Hf :f

14. Celandro

Celandro IncGamers Member

If Chain Lightning hits 2 targets it deals more damage than charged bolt if charged bolt hits every target. There is a slight delay though. In any case, chain lightning clears entire packs in 2-4 casts with good gear. Its far superior to chain lightning and regular lightning does the same damage to bosses as charged bolt.

Thats not to say charged bolt is useless.. Its a synergy for chain lightning, I do have it maxed ;). Its also a decent change of pace.

Oh, and before I forget, get yourself a griffons eye if you are on ladder. Its worth it.