Spare skill points for pure orb mf sorc

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Spare skill points for pure orb mf sorc

My orb sorc is level 73 with 20 points left and these skills (without +skills)

20 orb
20 ice bolt
12 CM
1 static
1 warmth
1 teleport
1 warmth
1 prerequisites

what would be most useful considering this is softcore ? i'm going for base dex so no blocking (using spirit or rhyme shield)

more teleport for mf ?
more static to wear down from far away ?
more warmth seems useless because of insight and mana pots
not interested in energy shield because its softcore

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Spare skill points for pure orb mf sorc

You could max a cold armor for defense, though since it's sc I guess you want an offensive skill?

Firewall is a skill-wisely cheap secondary attack I guess, though kinda annoying to use on anything non-stationary.

Not sure what else to suggest, though not teleport, lower mana cost will be of no importance if you're not against using insight and pots.

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

Too slow, can't really kill stuff.

With your setup, at level 90, you will have around 37 points. It's best to grab a low-tier skill with few prerequisits.

Firewall is kinda ok, but you need certain skill to be able to use it.

If you've got some serious dough for good equipment, you can pump Nova and LM. The problem is, Nova is mana-hungry and HIGHLY skill-dependent. You need lots of +skills for it to be effective, sadly.

mephiztophelez

Diabloii.Net Member

you could make a viable hybrid by pumping Hydra.

otherwise, you could go full ES.

robzombiesslave

Diabloii.Net Member

Agree'ed on the TS being slow and weak. Its a shame.. But I only suggested TS because its simple to use and once you activate it. You dont need to worry about it for a while. Its like having an extra merc.

Nova is a nice one and imo, I would probably go nova too. Depends on your playstyle.