Spammer Sentenced to 9 years with Bubba

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
LunarSolaris said:
This man needs to serve hard time, because man... I just DON'T need to have my penis enlarged!!
even if you don't need to, it couldn't hurt to make your penis mightier

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow the internet you to be a "law" free place and now this....as much as spam sucks I do not think a person should be jailed for spamming.

SilentMagik

Diabloii.Net Member
I saw that in the papers. Nine years..wow.

Personally I would make him write "I am bitterly sorry and I shall never spam again" once for every junkmail he ever sent.

Raistlin Majere

Diabloii.Net Member
SilentMagik said:
I saw that in the papers. Nine years..wow.

Personally I would make him write "I am bitterly sorry and I shall never spam again" once for every junkmail he ever sent.
considering how much spam they usually put out, that would take quite a while.

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
Beowulf said:
Wow the internet you to be a "law" free place and now this....as much as spam sucks I do not think a person should be jailed for spamming.
I believe that it was not so much for spamming as for doing things like forging headers, which could be argued to be fraudulent in some manner.

Empired

Diabloii.Net Member
"Dude, are you selling penis mightiers?"

You just made me hide the screen from the librarian patrolling behind me. For shame.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont know..I really despise those spammers or junk e-mailers. 9 yrs is alot tho. So as long as the "rest" of the bunch starts getting maybe 11/29 ..then maybe someone like him being one of the biggest would makes sense getting almost 10 yrs.
All it was, was a lesson leanred..why he got 9 yrs. To scare the others probably. I bet he dont serve a year...they prob tell him "ok, we gave ya 9..and we can hold for 9..but are gonna let you out after 6 months becasue of really good behavior. But dont you start your old busniess up, and lets keep this hush hush hmm k." :cheesy:

Technetium

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm glad. Spamming is not a free-speech issue; it's a harrassment issue. Nobody argues that you should be allowed to falsely yell "fire" in a crowded theater on free speech grounds. There are exceptions.