Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

spam sites

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by winski, Mar 30, 2004.

1. winski

winski IncGamers Member

spam sites

I'm pretty new to this game, but I have already seen a whole of spammers out on battlenet. Are any of these sites sponsored by Blizzard? Are they all scams? Are people actually buying things from them? How do you turn em off?
    Winski

2. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

"Are any of these sites sponsored by Blizzard?"
    Don't know, doesn't appear to be the case, but you can never tell.

"Are they all scams?"
    Depends, some ppl report bad experiences with some of them. My advice is don't even consider paying real money for some bytes of information.

"Are people actually buying things from them?"
    Yes

"How do you turn em off?"
    You can't turn em all off, you can only "recognise" the bot when it enters your game, quickly head to the party menu and squelch the bugger b4 he floods your screen.

3. Jay20016

Jay20016 IncGamers Member

Or you can press N when the message flood happens so that you don't have them taking up 1/2 the screen. If you miss anything that someone said, you can always press M to see the Message Log.

They are very annoying, especially when they come multiple times within the same minute. An Ancients game I was just playing had 5....count them 5... pop in within the first minute.

I don't mind the occasional one, but when I die because of that crap then it kinda pisses me off....

4. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

how can u squelch them? i thought it was impossible :spy:

5. EngelZ

EngelZ IncGamers Member

yah

It shows "This user is not online" but the squelch seems to work for me, even if it isn't recognized by the server.

What would be great is if someone could program a filter to filter out A) Coloured chat and B) People with random names or bot in their name.

*cough* for any programmers out there ;)

6. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

1. Blizzard does not support those sites. None of them, no matter what they say :rolleyes:
    2.No, the larger and better known ones work fast and accurate. But they let you pay money for some coding, which is already scamming imho.
    3. OOoooh yes. Way to many people infact. If people don't by anything new sites wouldn't pop up every second.
    4. Squelch'em real fast. Or, only create games with level restriction so that lvl 1 chars can't enter. That stops some of them according to my friend (I haven't tried it yet, it's possible that there are higher lvl spammers)

7. winski

winski IncGamers Member

Thanks to all especially about how to squelch them with the lvl restrictions!!!