Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SP Price Check Thread

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Single Player Trading' started by Thyiad, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Bonesnap

Bonesnap IncGamers Member

Re: SP Price Check Thread - Feb 2011

On topic:
    Correct, its from 1.07. But I'm not happy getting that ring, or well, don't get me wrong, I too think it might be a cool ring, but getting craftingmats in 07 is painstakingly hard. I'm pretty much playing around the clock and just getting a jewel to drop, not to mention the runes for crafting is meh.... just slow going. And I'm hoping for something with FCR on it. So all in all I'm probably stuck in 07 for a couple of months before that happens :p

OT
    I've actually started playing up more chars to HF for runes just for crafting, and considering the time that takes, paired with the rather harsh leveling and hard mobs in 07 its just meh... :p Though rather challenging and fun, at least for now. All this is probably far from effective, but i do get a shot at charms as well on the way, another reason I'm goofing around in 07. All in all this is probably a new moral low for me in terms of D2, but I'm kinda running out of projects and stuff to do. Once I told myself I wouldn't play other versions then the current one, and that I wouldn't HF rush and that I wouldn't ... bla bla :p Its fun though, but this is all OT, back to pricecheck now!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  2. jdkerr

jdkerr IncGamers Member

I don't see why, particularly when we are often talking about such a small number of samples. A trade or two happens, perhaps involving a rich player who is feeling generous, someone who needs the item immediately, a person with stuffed stashes who can't be bothered to care about the items for trade, etc., and suddenly that is supposed to trump whatever sense we have of item worth?

3. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

Past trades, plural. And the times when what you wrote about happens (rich generous player, etc.), it's pretty clear that it happened. Like when an eth Reaper's got traded for a Jah? Everyone in the thread was aware that the trade was unbalanced. Nagisa traded me a Jah for a Ber? I know I owe him. If trades are meaningless when it comes to value, then there's no value for things. Every trade is somewhat random. Is that how SPTF works? I don't think so.

And anyway, I stick to my story. Trades trump feelings. You don't have to agree with me, obviously... It's my private mantra.

4. jdkerr

jdkerr IncGamers Member

So past trades don't trump our sense of value in cases where it is "pretty clear"?

I mean, I am not trying to convince you to change your mind, forgo your mantra, or begin to assert your feelings regarding values. I just don't put much stock in the "self-fulfilling prophecy" aspect of things, wherein the values in a current trade are based on the values in some previous trade, which were based on the values in a previous trade, which are therefore normative for the next trade, etc.

I think looking at past trades is a good way to double-check our feelings regarding value and perhaps to calibrate ourselves to some common reference point when parties have divergent assessments, but I personally think that an informed sense of relative value is more important than past trades.

EDIT: As a side note, I appreciate all the work you have put into the trade forum and the price check discussions recently.

5. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

Well, I think there's a feeling of how values will shape up in the future (to each their own) and then there's past trades. My opinion is that guides should be based on past trades, because unlike our collective feeling about prices, past trades are objective facts.

It's not like values will change overnight. They will slowly shift towards whatever. So while it's interesting to know how we think values will change, and it might slowly influence prices, the main argument for me remains past trades. And trends that are within them.

The HR's are a hot topic because we use them as currency. You don't see us arguing about the value of 30% CSD DF. Nagisa thinks it's 5 Ber (or said so as a semi-serious joke, don't know), but we've seen it go recently for much less. But it's a non-issue, since those are traded like almost never. Runes though, we feel much more stongly about.

And yes, if both sides of a trade are aware that the trade is not balanced, then such trade should be taken into account with caution/grain of salt. Those are pretty clear situations most of the time, if you read the threads in question.

That's what I think anyway. Now back to Chelsea-MU...

6. Anheg

Anheg IncGamers Member

Hi all, I'm new to price-checking and valuing my items for trade. Is this worth trading, and if so how much?

thanks!

edit: thanks for the quick reply greebo! I guess i was hoping for a little more, live and learn...:)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  7. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

It's worth a handful of PGems, maybe.

Pally amulets are valuable with FCR. Unlike for other classes, 10 FCR is often enough to reach 125 FCR, but since yours has none... +2 Offensive aura's is a pretty useless modifier also. +2 Pally Skills / Combat Skills is sought after. I guess it'd have a limited use on some sort of Tesladin, but most of those that are used for running anything at all want the FCR anyway.

8. Darwin

Darwin IncGamers Member

I'd like a PC on Mavina's True Sight Diadem? I don't have it, and it doesn't seem to be on the Price Guide, so am I to assume that its only worth some PGems?

9. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

From the price guide:

"Most set items that are not listed here are somewhere in range of 15-25 pgems for exceptional sets, 5-10 pgems (or less) for normal sets and 30-40 for those very rare/TC81+ set items."

So, yep. A handful of pgems.

10. fissemike

fissemike Banned

Code:
    Plague Visage
    Circlet
    Defense: 22
    Durability: 26 of 35
    Required Level: 67
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0x479143da
    +112 to Attack Rating
    Damage Reduced by 2
    All Resistances +12
    7% Life stolen per hit
    7% Mana stolen per hit
    +2 to Paladin Skill Levels
    In the guide, only caster tiaras is mentioned. I just found this and wondered if it could be useful for a zealot or the like? IMO it has got some pretty decent mods - what bugs me the most is the low defense and the lack of sockets. can i have a PC on it?

thanks

11. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

It's got very limited uses. Most pally's will be better off with dream or nightwings or fcr circlet or griffons. I guess your circlet could be good on a pure damage pally, but for those it's only a little better than vamp gaze. Don't get me wrong. There's probably one two niche builds that'd love it, but that's it. IMHO up to 30 pgems.

12. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

It's all but useless. You should definitely keep it though, as there's probably some obscure and extremely rare case where someone will actually be looking for such an item, as Greebo says.

13. fissemike

fissemike Banned

Thank you for the quick answer guys :)

14. Bonesnap

Bonesnap IncGamers Member

Oh the hording, that's what we all keep telling us, saving all kinda of weird junk filling the stashed to complete overload. Such as when someone actually needs it you don't remember having one, and if you by any means DO remember having one you can't find among all the other 15 000 useless pieces you picked up....:hammerhead:

15. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

GoMule can search all your stashes.

16. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

I'm thinking about putting up a 1.09 runeset sufficient to make a 1.10s CtA (I image screenies will be required for all Mal+ 1.09 runes) and 5os War Scepter with +Holy Shield for a base up for trade. Looking for guidance on what to ask for that. I'm interestered in something to help out my Teslot. Chains of Honor runes? A good start on Infinity?

17. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

More to some people than others, since they still have to take a chance on the roll itself. I'd say definitely at least 'Chains of Honor' runes, but that's just me.

I think Greebo coughed up a Sur for a set some time ago, but that was probably underpaying (sorry) facilitated by the ever generous Joanna (?) helping him out.

18. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

Precisely what Nagisa said. Joanna selling me the beta cta set for a sur was big favor on shkler part. A private chat with some forum members fairly recently suggested a ballpark price of at least a Jah. I'm pretty sure you can get more.

As a remark: crystal sword should be offered as an option.

19. angeldesignpro

angeldesignpro IncGamers Member

Mother of God. I habitually pick up rare claws and gasp at their awfulness. I always figured claws have such a limited pool of useful RWs / uniques that a rare could potentially be really good. This thing has me floored. I actually don't know if it's good, because maybe the base claw type is "wrong" or maybe without IAS (or 2 sockets) it could never be useful - I just don't know assassin build mechanics.

But still. Holy ****.

Code:
    Glyph Thirst 
    Blade Talons 
    One Hand Damage: 42 - 60 
    Durability: 51 of 69 
    Required Level: 48 
    Required Strength: 50 
    Required Dexterity: 50 
    Fingerprint: 0xa8c50b45 
    Item Level: 87 
    Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
    5% Chance to cast level 1 Amplify Damage on striking 
    329% Enhanced Damage 
    +148 to Attack Rating 
    Adds 6 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames) 
    9% Mana stolen per hit 
    7% Life stolen per hit 

20. Greebo

Greebo IncGamers Member

Well, it's neither very fast (no IAS/holes) nor very hard hitting (a base with low damage). However it's a really good claw. CtC Amp Damage is awesome on a melee claw. People who know more on the subject will tell you more about what you can use it for, but I doubt anyone will be able to tell you the value. If you put it up for trade, I won't be surprised by anything from Ist to Ber, TBH.

Or I can be completely wrong, as Nagisa points out.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011