Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SP plunge

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Impsux, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Impsux

Impsux IncGamers Member

SP plunge

Hello,

My brother and I are almost ready to start up a couple single player characters
    and we wanted to know something. Is it possible to 'enable' all runewords (ladder) in single player?

2. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

3. Impsux

Impsux IncGamers Member

Re: SP plunge

Thank you for your hasty reply. Will these mods affect realm play in anyway? Will I have to 'disable' them before logging on?

4. BobTheWarrior

BobTheWarrior IncGamers Member

It would be best to create seperate shortcuts, one with the mod(s) enabled and one without. The red run mod will cause runes to show red on realm, and if caught could cause your cd key to be banned.

edit: where are my manners. *kicks Impsux's shins*. Welcome.

5. Impsux

Impsux IncGamers Member

Thanks for the pleasant welcomes. I have not downloaded the RRM but I was still compelled to create a separate shortcut for the mod. I would really be bummed if I was banned from the realms because of my single player antics.

6. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Your single player antics should not impact your online antics. Welcome to the no-lag community!

- Noodle

7. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

Let not your online antics inconveniate your single player life :)

8. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Welcome to the SPF. Please read the Stickied threads, they answer a lot of questions. Enjoy your stay. :wave:

RRM will work on bnet - it's a client-side alteration but yes you do run the risk of getting your CD key banned. Do not trade on the Realm forums while using RRM. It is not acceptable there.

9. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

(Isnt that Ironic)

Welcome to the spf! Since Ive started using RRM Ive found it to be great just my little imput on it

10. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

I think part of the confusion is that some people are talking about RWM, and others RRM.

@OP: Runeword Mod (RWM) enables the 'realm ladder-only' runewords in single player. The mod is only needed to create the runeword; once created, it will work in modded and unmodded games. However, read the mod stickies for rules on 'mod taint'; basically this means that a modded character's items are treated as modded, as are any characters that interact with those items or modded characters. It will 'spread', so that if I give you a RWM item, and your character gives a different item (that you found before getting the RWM item) to a third character, the third character is treated as modded. The purpose of this restriction is to separate the modded and unmodded communities (particularly trading pools).

Red Rune Mod (RRM) is a client-side mod that changes the color of rune names on the ground to appear red instead of white (much as magic items are blue, rares are yellow, and so on). The intent is to make it easier to notice rune drops, and as such, it is considered by some to be a cheat (particularly if you use it while playing on the b.net realms). This is why trading realm items found while using it is considered a no-no. However, in SP, it's an accepted mod as long as you're open about it, and it's subject to the idea of 'taint', much as RWM is.

I hope this clears things up for you. For more info, see this thread.