Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SP maps

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by linkato1, Feb 26, 2004.

1. linkato1

linkato1 Banned

SP maps

Hello,

I'd like to have maps working in SP like they do in ladder.

In ladder every time you start a game all the maps are created anew so that you don't know where various things on maps are.

In SP I can delete the .ma0 file so that the maps are not shown on the minimap, but they are still the same. So if for example Black Marsh way point is next to the tower ruins, then even if I delete the .ma0 and .map files the wp is next to ruins and the map is the same.

Is there any way to get the game to create the maps anew in SP?

Yours: Topi

2. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

Just switch difficulty. If you only have Normal, then i really have no idea :scratch:

3. J-Man

J-Man IncGamers Member

Start up a LAN game. I don't know whether this affects the availability of ladder items etc., but /players should work.

4. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

Yeah, those basically are your two choices: Either open a game in a different difficulty level (e.g. Normal if you're currently playing NM), close that game, and open a game in the difficulty lvl you want to play (in this case NM). You'll start the NM game with a new map.

The other possibility is to open and close a TCP/IP game (you don't even have to be connected to the web when you do this). When you open your standard SP game then you'll also have a new map. I suppose you could simply always play in TCP/IP games, thus the map would reroll every time (as I said, you don't have to be connected to the net to open TCP/IP games).

Btw: "Ladder Only" items can drop in closed ladder games, open games, SP games and TCP/IP games. The only games they can't drop in are closed non-ladder games. Exception is the Annihilus charm of course, that can only drop in closed ladder games.

5. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

It's not Ladder-only so can drop in non-Ladder games too.

Doesn't help us though... :rant: :rant:

6. linkato1

linkato1 Banned

Thanks for the tip.

Yours: Topi