Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SP bugs

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by cryist, Mar 1, 2004.

1. cryist

cryist IncGamers Member

SP bugs

I don't know if i should post this here or in the bug forum, but sence i play SP i am not sure if the bug forum will do any good, so i'll post what i have seen durring my sp sessions, and maybe some of you elite mite have an answer for me on these bugs i have seen while playing SP.

Both bugs that i have seen are with my Merc. He is lvl 76 Defiance with a steelskull and guardian angle and a etheral Husoldal Evo as his weapon. These are the 2 bugs that i have seen while in hell, the restance on the guardian angle isn't added to his natral restance, but in nm it is( in nm his restance is 90) in hell with out it on its 43 and will it on its 43. The other bug i have noticed is the prevent monster heal on his weapon dosen't work against unique bosses in hell. I cleared the pack and left just the boss which was Cold immune and fire immune, i couldn't touch her with my meteorb sorc, so my merc had to kill her so i watched as my merc took 5 minuets to kill her after every hit he made she gained life back, i didn't think this was possable with prevent monster heal. anny suggestions or comments.

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

thats probably a display bug with the res thing. ive never noticed it myself.
    as for the second one, i dont know, but i presume that prevent monster heal doesnt work on super uniques, but maybe theres another reason.

3. Hadrian

Hadrian IncGamers Member

Guardian Angel dosent add resistance, it adds +15% to max res. This means that max posible resist is 90, instead of 75...

About the prevent monster heal thing I have also noticed this, but only on act bosses...

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

oh yea hadrian, that shows how much i use the angel....

5. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

With my Avenger, I can easily get 95/95/95/95 with Andariel's Visage and Guardian Angel. All our elementalist really hate me when my brother and I PvP. Nonetheless, my brother kicks the crap out of me when he maxes his Zealot's resistance to be maximum even with -150% resistance. That hurts my pride. :hanky:

6. cryist

cryist IncGamers Member

Ok i see what you are saying, it dosent add restance it just give me more restance when to go beyond the 75%. ok miss under stood it then.

Ok then as i see it there is only 1 bug that i have seen then, the prevent monster heal thing..

7. BSJoker

BSJoker IncGamers Member

Ok on the d2.net suffixes page,

"Note: All monsters heal over time in DII other than Super Unique boss monsters. Since regeneration rates can be quite high for monsters with a lot of hps on hell, this can be very useful at times. This does not keep teleporting bosses from healing themselves when they teleport, however, nor does it prevent healing from other monsters, such as Sextons or Greater Mummies."

BUT this page is updated as of 1.09d and not 1.10beta 1.10s or 1.10 so i cant be of much help there. It does mention super uniques tho.

8. krzyhobo

krzyhobo IncGamers Member

Prevent monster heal is an integral part of defeating Uber Diablo or whatever his name is though, isn't it? Thus it ought to work on all superuniques equally.

9. BSJoker

BSJoker IncGamers Member

But Uberr Diablo Clone whatever is not a superunique is he?

I wouldnt know i never see him at all so.....:whistle:

10. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

This bug could be several different things.

1st its a boss not a champion so it could be given items to use some of which could have damage absorb for instance.

2nd the length of time that things such as stun, poison, curses, and prevent monster heal have been shortened by a factor 1/12th IIRC of the original duration, in Hell. So your merc might be hitting just out side of that limit allowing the boss to regenerate for a frame or two.
    For instance, your merc hits every 9 frames and the prevent heal only last for 8 frames thus 1 frame of regeneration between hits.

3rd it could be lag or a display issue.

4th it could just be a bug in the programming

my guess would be one of the first two is occuring.

11. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Horribly outdated, the info is from pre-1.09.

Untrue. The only bosses that could have such items are the Ancients.
    Damage absorb doesn't exist in the game btw.

AI curses get a fixed reduction in hell, which is 1/4th.
    Stun length is unaffected IIRC.
    AFAIK PMH works as long as you stay within range of about 2 screens.
    It doesn't work on mercs at all though.

Always :rolleyes:

12. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

@ RTB I was refering to Elemental damage such as thundergods lightning absorb.

@ RTB Stun is reduced I just had the factor wrong. You can tell its reduced with either a barb, a druid or an assassin. 12 sec duration stun goes away in less then 3~4 secs.

@ RTB thanks for the correction on bosses not having extra items at their disposal.

13. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

I was under the impression that Stun wasn't reduced, which is why warcry is so useful in hell difficulty...

14. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

And why Mind Blast is a 1-point wonder.