Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SP Bonemancer/Javazon Help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by slappy sam, Jul 1, 2005.

1. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

SP Bonemancer/Javazon Help

Alright I want to make both a bonemancer and a javazon, but I'm having trouble with skill placement. My problem probably is that I really can't stand not having fully synergized skills.

For the bonemancer, I can't ever have a fully synergized spear/spirit, 1 point in all curses, and a golem. I need an opinion on whether I should leave teeth or bone wall/prison as the un-maxed (don't think this is a word :D) skill. I plan my builds with the full 110 points, so if someone could give their opinion figuring that in that would be great.
    Skills I am sure I want:
    1 all curses (10)
    1 all golems and prereqs (6)
    1 Bone Armor, 1 CE (prereqs too) (2)
    20 bone spear/spirit (40)
    Thats 58 points, and I would like to max two of these three: teeth, wall, prison. Which ones are the most useful in hell?

For the javazon, its basically the same deal. CS has a nice 10% synergy from four sources, and there is a tree that I will fill with one pointers also (passive).
    Skills I am sure I want:
    1 all passives (10)
    1 plague jav, 1 poison jav, 1 jab (prereqs) (3)
    20 CS, 20 LF (40)
    Thats 53 points, and I would like to max two of these three: lightning bolt, power strike, lightning strike. Which are the most useful?

2. essojay

essojay IncGamers Member

If you don't mind using synergy bugs, marrowwalk can save you 20 points in Bone Prison (in which you must then spend no points, not even one). Otherwise, I would put points in Spirit, Spear, Wall or Prison, and Teeth in that order. Wall and Prison can be quite useful for keeping monsters in place while you kill them safely. Bone Armor is quite inefficient IMO. Its synergies increase its absorbing amount faster without increasing the mana cost IIRC.

For the javazon, don't bother putting points in any synergies (other than main skills CS and LF, of course) until you get enough points in D/A/E, Valk, Pierce, and Critical Strike. Then sink in points in synergies, in whichever order you want since you won't be actually using any of those skills.

3. slappy sam

Ok first of all I do not want to use the marrowalks bug, and second of all this is untwinked, but don't let that factor into the decision because I'm planning for endgame here. As far as maxing wall/prison like you said, which is easier to use? And if I max both of those instead of teeth, I can get a hefty bone armor.

Also, thoughts on mercs for both builds? I'm thinking holy freeze for both... corpse shattering won't be such a terrible thing with a 1pt CE.

4. Porius

Porius IncGamers Member

Well, I don't know about the Javazon, but for the Bone Mage:

If you don't plan on using Marrowwalks, I would max both Prison and Wall, and not worry so much about teeth.

Personally, I would use Prison and not worry about the golem. If you use prison, you won't need another tank, IMO. If you really want a golem, I would also only use a clay golem, and not spend any point in any other golem.

Porius

edit: Also, I don't know that I would put one point in every curse. Lower resist doesn't help your damage at all, Iron maiden is useless at level 1. If you want to spend 10 points in curses, I would get Decreptify (which helps a lot) and put the rest in AI curses.

5. Porius

Porius IncGamers Member

As to a merc, if you use Prison a lot, you will be very disappointed with anything that isn't ranged, as your merc will stand around imprisoned a lot. I would suggest a Rogue (fire). That way you can deal with those pesky magic immunes.

Porius

6. slappy sam

Anyone else... suggestions?

7. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

For the Bonemancer, I'd forget the golem. Only get Decrepify for curses, or even just Amp. Bone Wall and Bone Prison should be maxed as they're both Bone spell synergies and also Bone Armour synergy. Don't bother with AI curses, make do with Bone Prison/Wall for crowd control.

8. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

For the Javazon, I'd put 20 points in plague javelin, and maybe more in poison javelin, the latter for synergy. This for a couple of reasons, first of all to reduce the regeneration rate of monsters, secondly to deal with lightning/physical immunes. I've never used the Charged Strike much, but I'd probably use Jab instead for it's much higher attack rate, and more effective leaching as a result. If you get you're resists high enough, you can then safely stand close but not close enough to Diablo, and get all the fire and lightning he throws at you without getting in any danger (you do get hurt, but leach back very quickly).

For the necromancer most has been said already. Prison and wall are much more effective than teeth in hell and are useful for crowdcontrol together wiht your curses. A non-ranged mercenary will have some trouble with either of them, but you can take the walls and prisons down more quickly with corpse explosion. The latter wouldn't hurt to max either, for maximum blast radius.

9. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

This is what I did with my bonemage (he is lvl 94 now)

20 Teeth
    20 BSpear
    20 BSpirit
    20 Bonewall
    1 Bone Armor
    3 CE (the rest will go here)
    15 Clay Golem
    1 in both Golem Mastery and Summon Resist
    1 in Amp and Attract

Might merc

I shamelessly exploited the Marrowwalks though. If I didn't use Marrows, I would put the poinst invested in Teeth to Prison instead for Bone Armor synergy. I don't like using the BWall or Prison, golem and attract work better imho. They don't block your (or anyone else's) way, the slow from golem is like automatical Decrep and if you are getting swarmed, just cast Attract on couple of monsters and you are completely safe. Also, sometimes Attract lures monster packs from further away, and you can kill them easily by exploding the corpses of the monsters you had just killed

10. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

For the Javazon, I strongly recommend pumping Valkyrie at least to lvl 17 with skills. She is a great tank and can deal some damage too. Charged strike is the strongest attack I have ever used when synergized. You have 2 choices - pure lightning (better resultst as MF runner) or poison route. If ou choose pure lightnng, you will have difficulties with LI, but you will slaughter everything else in no time. But just for going through the game, I would probably choose the poison route for some comfort.