Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SP and Battle.net

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by BuddhaMind, May 14, 2005.

1. BuddhaMind

BuddhaMind IncGamers Member

SP and Battle.net

I'm still a huge fan of SP, it turns out, although a little time on World of Warcraft made me decide playing here and there with people is fun, within limits
    http://forums.diabloii.net/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=3#
    Wink
    Anyway, I started back up on Diablo after a long time away and started on battle.net as if that was a great idea. Now I wonder. Anybody from the forum play now and then there and want to join in? Are there better drops on battle as opposed to sitting on my computer on my own hard drive version?

Thanks ..

BuddhaMind

aka on Western Battle as VelvetElvis

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

*kicks shins*
    To answet your questions, no, there are not better drops on bnet compared to SP. And bnet is teh suxx0r, SP is exactly 7.31 times better than bnet.

3. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

some of us here play on tcp ip games, as you can see in the sticky thread at the top ( weekly multiplayer thread )

drops dont change drasticly i think, there are some items though that can only drop on ladder

speaking of ladder, if you play closed battlenet there are alot of other forum püarts about that.

as for open bnet, i dont think anyone goes there since it s all full of cheats :rolleyes:

edit : oh and dont mind bob

4. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

I play West last time and now SP too.

West - Easy to get runes and items and wadever, PvM is boring, but PvP is okay. Most players on west are either bots or retards who beg for everything ranging from pgems to enigma. i encountered VERY LITTLE nice people on west. most of these people are from this forum. i remember there was this pubby guy who traded some pgems for my item. he said he didn't have enough pgems on that particular char, and told me to join xxxxxxxx///xxxxx or wadever. he passed me some gems first, then switched chars and passed me more. it was a drop trade but basically he dropped first. i could've taken off at that moment and his gems would be gone forever but, i'm nice :lol:

SP - Challenging, PvM is fun, nice people on forums, great tournies, blah. sp>bnet

5. BuddhaMind

See? So new much of what's been written so far is way over my po' head.

I'm a Ladder character, or so it says on the one I created. What that means I don't know.

It seems in the early replies that there's NO advantage in playing on western battle.net and, besides that, may actually be harmful to plants and other living things. If I played SP at least I could have a character on disk to play with someone else through a TCP/IP connection.

Is that the way things are shaping up? Sheesh. 16 levels pretty quickly and I feel like I'm lost in the ozone on battle.net.

lol. Keep the comments coming. I'm learning.

BuddhaMind

6. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

thanks for the smile. there are no advantages to battlenet over single player except a few bug fixes and some runewords, which for the most part, would be impossible to get in legit single play anyway.
    make a single player character. join in our multiplayer games. folk there are skilled and friendly and more or less polite, except farting bob, but he cant run very fast so its not a problem. ;) dune

7. BuddhaMind

Thanks for the kind words ... seems like a VERY cool community here.

I suppose I'll spend a day or so starting a new sorceress and getting her back up and in action. I was really happy with finally trying one (Lightning with Orb down the road a ways) and jazzed up -- but it seems it's smarter to ignore battle.net and go back to SP. Have a few good Sp characters I haven't kickstarted again in a while. Was trying to start new. Fresh. And, now I have to start re-new and re-fresh. :uhhuh:

Alas, have weird firewall and can't offer to host a game. It's a router thing, man.

Ok, appreciate all comments, will get movin' here.

BuddhaMind

8. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

Ok, edited some out, sorry for that, but, in consecutive order: "yes, it is", "yes, very smart indeed" and "about time" ;)

9. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Have you had cookies yet? Don't forget to stop by the EMB and DooL (the RL part of community) and otherwise enjoy yourself!

10. BuddhaMind

OMG. I need a translation.

BuddhaMind

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

EMB = the forum bar. get virtually drunk with us!
    DooL = talk about life, good and bad things, and folk will give a semi-senisble answer
    RL = real life. just a myth though. there is ntohing outside D2.
    EDIT: beat you to it sidhe!

12. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

cookies = the delicious munchables water_moon provides for everyone
    EMB = Etdlahq Memorial Bar, the place to relax and have a drink and chat about random things.
    DooL = Days of our Lives, to discuss real life things in.
    RL = Real Life.

:)

edit: too slow!

13. BuddhaMind

Real Life????? What's that???

BuddhaMind

p.s. grinding new sorc up to 11 this afternoon. Getting there.

14. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

It's a game that really gets people caught up in it and makes them leave the SPF, sometimes even the whole internet... But most come back here and play D2 when they're done :)

Good luck on the sorc, what kind is she gonna be?

15. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

Anytime buddy: O = Oh, M = My, G = God.
    You are welcome.

Ah wait...that is not what you really meant, did you?

16. BuddhaMind

Finally got around to noticing there was a question there at the end!

I started a CL/FO Sorceress because I have this great love of Chain Lightning, apparently a totally ineffective spell that just looks cool. I wanted to do all I could to stick with Lightning, but am upping toward FO and 1 CM.

Any help appreciated on the Sorceress -- I also like barbarians and have one that's excellent, as I recall. Have to get him out of moth balls.

Buddha Mind