South Park Slogs Away At Canada Again

Anakha1

Banned
South Park Slogs Away At Canada Again

TORONTO -- The boys of South Park are blaming Canada again. And the new prime minister. In the 1999 movie South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, foul-mouthed Canadian cartoon characters were blamed for the moral corruption of America's youth, which led to a third world war. The film included a musical number, Blame Canada, that even jokingly slagged Anne Murray.

Now, the new prime minister is the target in South Park's season finale, an episode called Christmastime in Canada, which airs Feb. 13 on The Comedy Network.

Word gets out Canada has a new leader and he's causing problems. Just as Christmas approaches, he demands that all adopted children be returned to their birth parents.

One of the South Park kids is shipped off to Canada, but the gang is determined to save Christmas and they head north to the rescue.

The episode is a homage to The Wizard of Oz -- the idea being that Canada is a foreign, bizarre place, said South Park co-creator Matt Stone.

The kids travel down Canada's "only road," though Quebec and Newfoundland, before eventually finding Parliament Hill and the prime minister.

SODOMY BAN

Along the way they learn that French Canadians hate the PM because a new law has banned drinking wine; budget cuts have replaced the Mounties' horses with sheep; and a Newfoundlander named Steve (who, of course, has the stereotypical accent) is upset that the PM has "sure screwed up things for Newfoundland. It just hasn't been the same since he made sodomy illegal."

Paul Martin is never named in the episode but there is a surprise revelation when the PM's identity is revealed.
:xsmile3:

I loved the movie and I'll definently want to see this episode, even though I don't watch SP much anymore. South Park always has a hilarious take on Canada. I just though my fellow Canuckistanians who feel the same would want to know.

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
I use to always hate it when an American Program Made cracks about Canada. But now i just laugh at it. Love to see that episode

"Canadians are too busy eating beef, drinking beer and getting Maple Syrup on Their Hands to care" -- That 70's Show
you kinda gotta laugh at that.

Oberammergau

Diabloii.Net Member
South Park is always hilarious, even when they take stabs at Canada. I guess its only fair since we're always making fun of the Americans (Royal Canadian Air Farce all the way!!!!!!)

LunarSolaris

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, if it can be done in a way that isn't blatantly malicious... and if we can laugh at ourselves in the process, then more power to it. South Park is a bit too over the top for my tastes though, so I never watch it.

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Killfrenzy said:
what wrong with beef, beer and maple syrup?
I dunno? is there something wrong with it? i know there aint nothing wrong with Beer Battered Beef, dipped in Maple Syrup! yum :p

Just for the record.... I'm Canadian

Corneo

Diabloii.Net Member
Oberammergau said:
South Park is always hilarious, even when they take stabs at Canada. I guess its only fair since we're always making fun of the Americans (Royal Canadian Air Farce all the way!!!!!!)
Is that old guy still in there? The one that plays the general and shots rubber chickens at people.

Raft Boy

Diabloii.Net Member
LunarSolaris said:
South Park is a bit too over the top for my tastes though, so I never watch it.
Have you seen the movie/musical? Pretty funny stuff. Aside from the sex/language that can offend some people, the plot is pretty good.

-Rafty

That came on along time ago. Good times. Its will throw you for a big twist when you see who the prime minister is. Good times

mudvaynefan

Diabloii.Net Member
it was out a few months ago, but it was a funny episode, i wish it aired more often instead of mad tv coming on like, 14 hours of the day

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
LunarSolaris said:
Well, if it can be done in a way that isn't blatantly malicious...
Feh, except for certain conservatives, the insults flung from down here aren't meant to be malicious except maybe in a mean-older-brother kinda way. Personally, I find Cannuck-bashing amusing because you can always count on a few Canadians getting very defensive. I find that amusing because Canada doesn't have anything to be defensive about. If millions of immigrants didn't decide America had streets paved with gold, we would be you (except warmer and not under the British crown).