Sources of Mana Leech?

TheAlfheim

Diabloii.Net Member
Sources of Mana Leech?

Hi all....

I'm building a WW barb at the moment. Just found a set helm with 35% CB (Guillaume's). The only problem is that it'd replace my vamp gaze, and I'd be left with no mana leech.

So, I'm wondering, where can I make it up?

The barb will be wielding Ariocs Needle, gore rider, shaftstop.
Items I'm planning on replacing: Gloves, Belt, Rings, Ammy.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
TheAlfheim

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Gloves, Rings and Amulets can spawn with life/mana stealing. I would probably try to free up a ring slot, although you might consider socketing your Ariocs with a pskull --- but usually people need IAS there, especially for whirlwind (which only uses weapon-IAS).

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
blood gloves: 6 max LL, 3 max ml.
blood rings: 11 max LL, 8 max ml.
blood amulet: i forget LL, ml should be around 8%.

rings of vampire: 8% ml
manald heal: 4-7% ml
crescent moon ammy: 14% max ml
various unique gloves, 3-6% ml/ll

you might want to replace ariocs too, imho that is not a final game wep for a ww barb.

probably the best thing for you is to gamble for a rare ring with ml/ar.

TheAlfheim

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the info fellas!

Superhal said:
you might want to replace ariocs too, imho that is not a final game wep for a ww barb.
Is there a reason why you're against ariocs? Better suggestions?

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
TheAlfheim said:
Is there a reason why you're against ariocs? Better suggestions?
For a non rich spear barb (and I assume you don't have your pockets stuffed with zods), then i think ariocs is a definite possibility. There aren't that many spear options.

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
The only reason that an Arioc's isn't that great, is it can never hit the last BP for WW. Try to get your hands on a Viperfork. The mods aren't nearly as sexy, but it is insanely quick for a spear. You'll hit the last BP without socketing it at all. So you have 1os to play with, which is nice. It's all just a metter of opinion, though, I prefer speed over hit power, you may not. If you prefer hit power, stick with the Arioc's, it's got wicked mods, it's just slow. If you do keep the Arioc's, make sure you shael it, that will get you to the next BP.

Spear Barbs are very hard-up for weapons, because the uniques aren't all that great. Runewords are very scarce for spears.

As far as ML goes, you can't beat Crescent Moon, the other mods aren't that hot, though.

I would do this:

Gores
Shaft
Arioc's (Shaeled)
Guillame's
(Already established)
Metalgrid
Ravenfrost
5% BK
(Or: RF and a nice Rare with AR and Dual leech.)
Souldrainers (7% Mana Leech)
Verdungo's belt (Maybe a crafted Blood Belt)

On the belt thing: You should try and get your hands a Wilhelm's pride, just to try it out. This is in the same set as your helm, it's got dual leech (5/5) on a Belt (!) and it will give you a partial set bonus with your helm of +35 life. Not too shabby and items really don't get any cheaper than that.

Something to keep in the back of your mind: The ultimate weapon for your spearie is an Eth Botd Ghost spear. :eek:

Hope some of this helps. The one good thing about your spearie: he looks badass carrying around that monster pike, eh?

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Wmeredith said:
The only reason that an Arioc's isn't that great, is it can never hit the last BP for WW.
Really? Arioc's is a -10 weapon with a native 30%ias. A shael rune gets it up to -60. Is there another bp past the -59 one that I don't know about?

[EDIT: were you thinking about Steel Pillar?]