Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Soulesschild's PvP Bone Necro v6.0

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by soulesschild, Jan 29, 2004.

1. soulesschild

soulesschild IncGamers Member

Soulesschild's PvP Bone Necro v6.0

Since all posts have all gone AWOL :(, im reposting this for discussion and debate :)

http://soulesschild.hiveports.com/necguide/

kbob, Bb, if you guys want me to host your guides as well, since i dont like how they format guides in the strat comp, ill be happy to teach you/do it for you :)

can anyone confirm that Tornado is UNBLOCKABLE?

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Do we look like Wind Dr00ds?

No seriously, I think you can best ask the Druids that.

3. Scarpachi

Scarpachi IncGamers Member

I don't understand why you don't suggest to max bone armor. Maxing bone armor would help or not?

4. Boxer1

Boxer1 IncGamers Member

Waste of skill points maxing bone armor is...

5. soulesschild

wait i said max bone armor?!?!?!!? o.X

ah ok i see what i did wrong, worded it weird, will fix that

@scar, in 1.09 maxing bone armor was a good idea, but now with synergies theres no point because each point into bone wall/prison gives +15 damage absorbed while each point into bone armor gives +10 damage absorbed.

6. Pallidum

Pallidum IncGamers Member

The problem with that is two fold. First, bone wall and prison synergized with armor and increase magic damage, therefore it makes much more sense to max those two before armor. Secondly, in order to deal the maximum possible damage, all the synergies need to be maxed a feat that require 100 points alone. Theres simply not enough points to go around.

7. Rewen

Rewen IncGamers Member

Hey souless I'm sendin' you an e-mail about hotlinking and hosting of The encyclo.:cool:

Nice frikkin' guide btw. Teh sweet.:thumbsup:

8. soulesschild

heh thx bb, still constantly improving, check ur email again btw

oh boy im gonna have a fun time doing this guide :), this will most likely take me about a week depending on how much free time i have, look for it soon guys :)

9. TheToad

TheToad Banned

wind druids are basically the most annoying of all the things a necro can come across, since with unstacked fhr, ur hit recovery = 11 frames = their cast rate. by this i meant the engima vareity that teles on top of u and spams tornadoes that each hit twice.

i did testing, tornadoes are unblockable, and hit twice if cast at close range since they wave side to side.

due to minion stacking, ur first spear will kill off their wolves or whatever but leave the druid untouched, so he spams u with the equvalent of 5 fpa 6k damage tornadoes which are unblockable, and u die quickly.

using engima against wind druids is pointless, its better idea to run. since namlock tele causes the caster to pop out on top, run down, and shoot spear up. smart druids ill then start trying to "cut u off". use teeth.

best idea is to use 9 fpc casting (125) by 2 caster rings, , rare circ with 20%, hoto, mage, arachnid, and a 5-10 basic crafted caster amulet. optimally, u can get a 15-20 % fcr amulet but those are hard to get; my setup aloows for 9 fpc with not that much expense because usually everythings pretty cheap besides the 15-20% amulet. also, pile on enough hit recovery charms to hit the 6 frame breakpoint, forgot what this is but its on soullesschilds guide, its the one above 56%. otheriwse, ur hit recov rate will equal their cast rate, which is not very healthy. someone suggested bloodfists and using 10 frame (75) also.

"good" wind druids duel by namelocking u and using this to follow ur teleport; when u waste time to shoot backward, they catch up since they're confident that spam vs spam, they will win.

bonespirit and spear are both useless due to minion stacking.

thus, shooting teeth backwards at the following druid is the best way; however, by wasting one casting period they will catch up and u'll be hit by hurricane, and blocklocked by wolves, and be screwed. healthiest combination of strategy and skill would be to get the 6 frame fhr breakpoint ah i remeber it now, (86), cast at either 10 or 9, 9 preferably, and spam teeth in front of where u think they'd gonn next teleport. when they get on screen, that means they're next move wil be to namelock teleport u, then start spamming spears upward. with the proper fhr and cast rate, u should be able to win.

nice guide soullesschild. i think i fought u in a pubbie before.

10. Sparksplit

Sparksplit IncGamers Member

Why is the guide cut off by "</fon" in the middle of the weapon section? Is it just me?

11. chaos9

chaos9 IncGamers Member

No, it isn't just you. I can only view half the guide too.

12. soulesschild

weird o_O, ill see whats up with this

edit: ok seems to be fixed on my screen

13. umbrella

umbrella IncGamers Member

What do you think about maxing a curse? Decrep perhaps?

14. umbrella

umbrella IncGamers Member

Should I max decrep or any curse?

15. soulesschild

nope, you want the most damage you could possibly get, unless of course u use marrowwalk bug, then you could potentially max a curse

16. darkmog84

darkmog84 IncGamers Member

ok first off souless gj..i lub ur gu1d3 :D
    i have had a necro with just about the same exact setup..

in my accts of dueling the only 2 types that i have not been able to beat 95%+ of the time is trap sins..

foh pallys r very ez, place on point in skel and one in skel mage, go to cold plains and get a couple of skel, the pally will be targeting the skels instead of u...weak ez kill gg owned

wind druids..
    just spam teeth and keep 125 fcr. move out of the way if u think he will teleport on top of u, they really arent that hard. also if u want spam about 3-4 spears in the begg. to kill about all of their summons, quite weak. gg owned.

trap sins...
    no my problem is that i wanted to keep one setup for all types. problem is im not using tgods (arachnids) or blackhorns (3-20-30 circ).. so i was thinkin about if u had any good strats for one setup necro...
    trap sins. eek :xx: find a new game ;) lolz

just to add more.
    bone armor is useless to max, only adds ~200 more..pfft whateverz

dun max any curse if u dun have to..
    dueling almost any class is quite ez, i almost nvr even curse anyone, unless they r hard :D

17. soulesschild

the most important thing agaisnt trappers is FHR, if not using tgods or GA, then you need to hit 53 or above FHR, else you can very easily get yourself screwed

18. piroteuss

piroteuss IncGamers Member

Wind druids are pretty ok if u use 2 raven frosts + bone armor with BO( tornado + hurricane do both physical and cold dmg)
    Get 4300+ bonespear dmg and enough fhr, they should be dead before u drop.
    Oh and u will need good aiming skills to hit the druid instead of the dogs/spirit.

Spam BS by clicking on the ground below u, when druid teleports on u, immediately hover the cursor to the druid's name and hold it there, the past few bs that u have spammed prior to this will make a U-turn and go for the druid, change to bonespear immediately once you have the namelock and fireaway.

This works well for me.

19. piroteuss

piroteuss IncGamers Member

Good trapsins and blizzard sorcs are the hardest to duel....

20. soulesschild

a good wind druid will destroy you if you try that strategy, if u use bonespear theres that bug with his minions