Diabloii.Net Member
Soul Drainer

Just found a 100% perfect Soul Drainer on the pits :grin: :

+120% enhanced defense (varies 90-120%)
7% mana stolen per hit (varies 4-7%)
7% life stolen per hit (varies 4-7%)
-50 to monster defense per hit
8% chance to cast level 3 weaken on striking

But I've never ever used such an item before :shocked:. Since it would be a pity to let it collect dust on a mule, I was wondering what build would have the best benefit of these stats (especially the dual leech and chance to cast weaken on striking).

Bowazon maybe, or Conc/Frenzy Barb ? Any thoughts here :scratch: ?

frish

Diabloii.Net Member
Bowazon was the first that crossed my mind.
but drainers are missing some ias, so i doubt their usefulness.

i wouldn't use them with my frenzy barb. i prefer dracs...

maybe they would be nice on an avenger. revenge consumes pretty much mana.

hmm a melee sorc may have some use for them as well...

well, it's not a very profound answer, but it might give some ideas;-)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Hmm, IMO either LoH or Dracul's is better for any melee or missile character. In case of a lack of mana leech, a dual leech ring will do enough of the job.

Bladewind

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah unfortunalately for the soul drainers there are better gloves out there....

For an avenger it might be good, but avengers also like dracs to replenish life, their low life leech due to ultra low physical damage makes dracs LT the only practical way to get any life steal at all. And mana is not really a problem once they have an INSIGHT polearm toting merc.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, well...

(* looks at Soul Drainers starting to collect dust *)

I think I've found a good use for these gloves then : Collector Item. For a grailer, a perfect Soul Drainer may have some value :rolleyes:...

Zalcitabine

Diabloii.Net Member
Some people use them, though i never understood why. Probably they have a use on a melee build that doesn't need ias outside the weapon, like ww or shape druids.

Maybe some kind of blade assasin could make a good use of them though. Blade fury works with ctc on striking, not with on attack.

Apart from that - they could make a nice collector item indeed. I have some items like them that i will keep just because they are perfect, even if they aren't very useful, like a Halaberd's Reign on NL.

WebDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say that it would work best on a WW barb. Again for ias reasons and for the fact that ww doesn't proc, so the lifetap on dracs is no longer a consideration. However, if its for pvp, the OW on dracs would still outweigh the - defense on the drainers.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
WebDragon said:
I'd say that it would work best on a WW barb. Again for ias reasons and for the fact that ww doesn't proc, so the lifetap on dracs is no longer a consideration. However, if its for pvp, the OW on dracs would still outweigh the - defense on the drainers.
Yes, and for that same reason, the ctc weaken won't trigger too... Ah damn, if only it had something godly like 30% IAS :hanky:...

BabyLink

Diabloii.Net Member
Why are you alway lucky on bnet? I'm lucky, very lucky, like you, but on solo play... Gimmershread and treks in a same drop...its not luck...its d2 loving me