Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Soth Sil - the naked Titan sin aand an introduction

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by antirush, Sep 1, 2006.

1. antirush

antirush IncGamers Member

Soth Sil - the naked Titan sin aand an introduction

Yup, I've been around but never really introduced here. I play some battlenet (very little these days) but when I really want to have fun sp is where you'll find me.

With that over with here's my current project:

Soth Sil is a hardcore assassin - currently level 6 and at the cold plains wp. She is my greatest challenge to myself to date - a complete titan and also completely naked. I'm also limiting her to only the shadow disciplines and only those which are not direct attacks. I don't know how long a naked, all strength assassin can last punching her way through waves of monsters but it should be fun to try. I've been inspired by these other crazy feats such as cracked bow only, naked amazon and others.

My gameplan is max venom, fade, and shadow master. Hopefully these, paired with a good merc, will lead me all the way to hell baal. :)

Everything else will just be decided as I go along, at least I don't have to think much on stats :). 5 strength each level and I'm good to go.

Having never attempted something of this sort I probably won't make it far. It will, however, be a good time I'm sure.

2. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your wacky project.

I've one question on your build; why Venom? It's not like you're going to kill something with it.

3. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Welcome, and good luck with your (crazy?) Assassin adventure!

Jude

4. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

Level 20 venom does somethign like 500 poison per hit. That's not too shabby. Kind of reminds me of the zod Wirt's leg tourney.

I think the build is doable except for the "titan" part. That's making it tough.

5. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Yes but without any weapon, dexterity or Blade Fury I sincerely doubt that it's possible to deliver the poison damage in any reasonable way by the time it’s maxed out.

6. Fluffballer

My Jekyll and Hyde tourney druid uses a rogue merc's inner sight to hit things (sometimes using the venom from Treachery and it is enough to kill-- I have no high damage weapons). He hides behind his bear in the way an assassin could hide behind a SW.

7. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Welcome! here's your goodies basket of baked goods and squid repelant. The shin kickers should be along soon, don't mind them, it's good for you. Sort of.
    I presume you've read the SPF FAQ but if you haven't, go do it. Stop by the Bar some time and while you have a nice place to do it (an intro) tell us a little more about you. Like what you do when not playing D2, general geographic location, favorite build, favorite cookie type, etc. You earn extra cookies for every little tidbit.

8. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

welcome to the spf, i can see a few problems with this build
    A) titan with -80%res in hell is 1 hit kill from alomost anything
    B)you wont be able to anything because of very poor ar
    good luck with it
    *kicks antirush shins*
    (didnt even have to get specail boots for this because of lack of shin gaurds)

/runway

9. antirush

antirush IncGamers Member

I'm now level 23 in act 4 normal :). So far so good. I'm dead set on playing this till I die, and I've already had some pretty close calls. Once Sotha bites the dust I'll move on to perhaps a more sane build - non naked titan puncher? Wish me luck getting through to nightmare! I'll post a synopsis this weekend when I have some more time.

10. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

Sotha Sil is dead, was killed by Almalexia
    welcome to the SPF, a Morrowind fan?

11. Fluffballer

A)He's planning on maxing fade which will provide both resistances and PDR. I still think the Titan bit is a bit damning, but it's doable.

B)Between CoS (or MB, which one has LTD?) and a rogue merc/blessed aim merc, he'll be fine. As I mentioned, my druid has virtually no AR and still hits just fine.

I think this build would be pretty reasonable indeed if it weren't for the "titan" bit. Assassins have more tricks up their sleeve than any other class except maybe the druid.

12. Dystopianday

Dystopianday IncGamers Member

If this build was any more undoable, you'd be the first HC character to die twice.

Good luck. :S[/echo]