Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorta OT: Merc damage question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by guesswhosBACK, Feb 15, 2004.

1. guesswhosBACK

guesswhosBACK Banned

Sorta OT: Merc damage question

Could u guys tell me on how to calculate act 3 merc's dmg?

For example, i thoguht act3 merc dmg was like a sorc's dmg, it could only be increased by levels.
    So how does the dmg of the sword affect the merc's dmg?

Also, say i have a lightling merc, it has a lightling and charged bolt attack,
    it says my merc does 300dmg, but is the 300dmg for the lightling skill or is the 300 for the charged bolt skill?

hope that wasnt too confusing, thnaks

-guess

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

The Damage of the Sword doesn't affect the damage of the Spell at all.

The Damage listed on the bottom is the Damage done with his sword. And he doesn't attack very often. So basically that number is almost meaningless.

To know the damage your lightning merc does, you have to know what level he is, have access to charts that tell you what level of skills he has at that stage (Unfortunately this site's merc info is outdated on that matter) and know how much damage that level of a skill does.

I'll tell you right now... The A3 Lightning Merc's Damage will be Insignificant later on. He's by far the weakest merc in the game.

3. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Alainpp66 is right. THe sad part is there is an updated link to an updated merc chart. The problem there is its gone with the forum wipe. =( Its at another location in which I cannot disclose I think. Rules about advertising anotehr site, etc... Anyhow, forget act 3 mercs. They are useless now.

Merc Changes. Only +ALL skills work now. Act1 mercs are the heaviest elemental attackers in game. They also have a cahnge to cast inner sight beleive at level 90 which does -1800+ something defense. Therefore she not only hits ahrd, she allows you/party to hi hard. Also the newest fad is witchwild bow with 2 shaels or soemthing to get amp going, since the light bug with her no longer works

4. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Ehh, I thought the tree which their skill comes from worked with them? Where are you getting your info exactly?

5. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

The Skill tree no longer works.

Sorry to tell you Fenris, but most of the information you have on Mercs seems to be for 1.09... things have changed Drastically in 1.10

+All Skills works.
    +Skill Tree Doesn't work.
    +Class Skill, unsure... haven't tested.

6. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Class doesnt work according to the info i read