Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorta new but not really

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TaloonSS, Mar 29, 2005.

1. TaloonSS

TaloonSS IncGamers Member

Sorta new but not really

Hello Forum,

I have recently (actually about 5 min ago) started playing Diablo again. I know, i tried to leave but it sucked me back like so many of us... anyway, I understand the rules of these forums, etc. and I do not use sheats or condone them but i like to be aware of them.

I gues my main question for the post is what is new with Diablo? I quit right around the 45/15 jewels and occ rings... I was wondering if the game is flooded with dupes, cheats or if it is still worth playing straight. I was big into dueling that is why i was wondering about the cheats (I like to be prepared).

Anyhow, i guess this is just my attemp to get back into the forums. I could use a rush (if they still call them that) for a few chars but am more worried about the changes in game play. (I know i could read the patch info but that reveals nothing about available cheats).

contact me via email (i believe its shown) if you're interested in meeting and maybe going thru the quests old school or for a rush. (i will be doing both in the days to come).

Thanks and sorry for the long not so important thread.

-Taloon

2. ladydraxis

ladydraxis IncGamers Member

Well, I don't have a lot of knowledge about all the cheats that are out there, but I CAN tell you this much: the dupes these days are the high runes (Ist and everything from Vex up). If you are offered one of these runes in a trade, it's almost certainly a dupe. They can and do 'pop' (disappear).

You also need to look into the differences in rushing now, it's not the same routine that you were used to back in the days of occy rings. It's more complicated now, as is the task of leech levelling, if that's your plan.

3. SilentMagik

SilentMagik IncGamers Member

Greetings!

Much has changed in Diablo with the new patch and all. Too much to try and list it all here. Many character builds have been nerfed and some strenghtened. You'll find that hacks and cheats still exits on Bnet I'm sorry to say, however I can't tell you anything about them or warn you since I have little knowledge on the subject.

The best thing would perhaps be to read som of the character guides out there to figure out how to make a viable char in 1.10. Then play the game through at least one time and do all quests before being rushed.

4. TaloonSS

TaloonSS IncGamers Member

I am def going to go thru all the quests and beat the game before i start building my dueling chars and buildng my wealth.

if anyone is interested in going thru the game i would like to get a group of people together and do it old school. I think I am ganna go with a sorc to start. Anyone interested?

5. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

6. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

try going through some of the stuff in the Arreat Summit: http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/

although a lot of the stuff you probably know, theres a lot of new things such as new runewords for the new patch (1.10) and new item mods. Also some stuff on ladder vs. nonladder, World event (dclone), etc. Too much to list here. Better for you to read yourself.

Also make sure you learn about synergies. That's very essential if you wanna survive the game.