Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorry everyone. Combatting some myths.

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by mooxhns, Jun 27, 2008.

1. mooxhns

mooxhns IncGamers Member

Sorry everyone. Combatting some myths.

Its not Diablo3.

Whenever you have 5 items you want to position around a circle its always going to be a pentagon shape. Just look at a ceiling fan.

The forum names do not prove anything as it is just the PHP coding that fills the browser header and the drop down box based on the information contained in the URL.

The "TYREAL IS LOST" was based upon using the penguin picture numbers as letters. This was proven to be incorrect when it was found that the numbers came from the TV series Lost. There is nothing that hints at Tyreal anywhere in the image.

The possible eyes contain a slight tail on the inside corners which is not prevalent in Diablo artwork whereas it is appears in images of Protoss and Arthas as the Lich King.

The harbinger's claws mean nothing as that is how most of blizzard's bird people are stylized. Take the Arakkoa for example...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its not economically feasible to have two competing RPGs available at the same time. The games would detract from each others audience and would each require an extensive marketing, PR, and help team. This marketing tactic has been repeted by blizzard in their RTS lines. They always waited until each previous title has become dated to announced another. WC to WC2 to SC to WC3 to SC2. They never attempted anything that would result in a loss of market share for a title in the Genre.

The marketing personnel are already working on WOTLK and SC2, adding anymore to their plate would detract from efficiency while hiring additional employees would result in a lower profit margin, not something a corporation would like to do if it had a choice.

Finally, the credentials of the inside sources must be called into question. This mass speculation has happened before and no one rang any bells about the source's relation to Blizzard entertainment. I respect confidentiality, but I would like to know their relation. Disgruntled former employee? Development team? Tester? Some random secretary at a desk? This truly matters to analyzing the validity of their statements.

Now, don't get me wrong, I would love to see D3 as much as the rest of you. However, I doubt it is going to be announced at WWI. Its just not prudent from a marketing stance.

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but take what I am saying into consideration. I don't want you all to commit mass suicide when your theories are shattered.

2. ExtraStrongFireEnchanted

ExtraStrongFireEnchanted IncGamers Member

Re: Sorry everyone. Combatting some myths.

<bookmarks this thread for tomorrow>

3. Jase

Jase IncGamers Member

4. coldsong

coldsong IncGamers Member

believe me, plenty(in the millions I am guessing) of people are waiting for D3 and are not playing SC2 or WOW. As a matter of fact, WoW and D2 crowds hate each other in most cases.

5. mooxhns

mooxhns IncGamers Member

A development team is much different than a support team mate.

6. Jase

Jase IncGamers Member

"Blizzard revealed they have 3 development teams hard at work on games. WoW has 135 developers, Starcraft II's team has 40 members and a third unannounced title has a team of 40 members"

7. Mikedn

Mikedn IncGamers Member

It most likely is Diablo 3.

WoW won't be dying out anytime soon. Blizzard won't wait until it is dead to release their next great RPG. I doubt D3 will be an MMO, so the people who continue to play WoW can give D3 a shot, and I doubt very much that they would see a large number of WoW accounts cancelled because of D3. People will be able to play both.

Even if D3 were an MMO (hopefully not) Blizzard could pull a Sony and charge like 25$ or whatever to play both. I doubt very much that it is an MMO because it would most likely take away the fun that the first two Diablos brought us. Not to mention Blizzard really doesn't need another MMO with the success of WoW.

But like I said, there really isn't a better time to release the next Diablo game because WoW is not declining and won't for a while now. It's been what, 7 years since LoD came out? I think it makes great sense (and it's about damn time) to release the next Diablo game.

8. mooxhns

mooxhns IncGamers Member

Is your English comprehension lacking?

I am talking about a support team, not a development team.
    To get each title out you need
    -Marketing Professionals
    -Lawyers
    -Quality Control
    The salaries of management positions can almost double those of art and development. Hiring of additional management is not something that is done lightly.

If blizzard were to go from one title to another as in the RTS genre they can shift the Quality Control personnel from the old title to the newer one with little downtime. Now if they introduce a new title into the genre they would have to either divide the teams and suffer a lack of efficiency or hire an additional Quality Control team and pay for training and additional salaries.

9. JonnyK

JonnyK IncGamers Member

Same. You will feel the wrath of our flames at about 6 am tomorrow when d3 is announced.

10. Jase

Jase IncGamers Member

If Blizzard didn't think they could handle it, they wouldn't have a development team of 40 people on an unannounced project in the first place; nice try though...

11. Aranock

Aranock IncGamers Member

Something to consider:

Warcraft - MMO
    Starcraft - RTS
    Diablo - RPG

If what you said is true, they wouldn't necessarily be competing or working against each other more than it would be further enhancing their gamer audience.

We do know that they are working on 2 things: Something unknown and Next Gen MMO.
    Perhaps the next gen mmo is simply world of warcraft 2 with updated graphics engine, etc.

Just speculation. It'll be whatever they want it to be whether that means sc mmo, wow2 mmo, or d3 mmo. I personally hope D3 is the RPG, SC2 is the RTS, and Wow remains only MMO. That blend is great. Just my 2 cents.

12. mooxhns

mooxhns IncGamers Member

Mikedn, think like a marketer for a minute here.
    You have Wotlk around the corner which is going to cost around 60 bucks with an additional 15 monthly. These players are in the same demographic as those you would be targeting for any other RPG and many of them played and enjoyed the Diablo series in the past.

Now, say Blizzard has WOTLK being released in two months and announces Diablo 3 to be out in about one fiscal year.

The announcement then splits your customer base and immediately results in a loss of profit for the company.

There are many, many, fans that will not spend 60 bucks now and 15 more a month on WOTLK to spend 60 more in a few more months for D3. Many of them would look at it smarter financially to just stick to the burning crusade, if anything, for a few more months until the release of D3.

Our economy is in a depression whether you realize it or not. Blizzard is too smart to do this to themselves.

13. chubz

chubz IncGamers Member

If there is a new game to be announced it definately won't be released in a year, SC2 was announced over a year ago and isn't even in beta testing, so an announcement of a game would NOT split customer base at all seeing as it isn't going to be a release and probably won't be for quite some time after WoTLK is released, and if the expected dates do end up being to close Blizzard will simply hold off on the release, doesn't mean they can't announce a game now, they are well known for delaying release dates anyway. That being said I don't know for sure if there will be an announcement and I would never claim to but it also doesn't mean there will not be one

14. ExtraStrongFireEnchanted

ExtraStrongFireEnchanted IncGamers Member

Would be nice to see some facts, like reliable statistics to back your claims. Or are you just talking out of your ***.

15. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Member

You guys are cracking me up. Do you forget that blizzard (or activision) makes 1.8 BILLION dollars a YEAR from WoW alone. say what you want about development costs, they are still making over 750 Million on profit EACH YEAR. If this goes to activision then all blizzard would need to do is provide a solid game, show its fan base, show its dedication and prove its quality of gaming and activision would OK this.

It doesnt matter what it costs to produce a new game when it comes to this company. It will make even more money when WotLK is released. It is seriously a joke to say "they cant handle this".

1.8 BILLION PER YEAR. trust me they can do it

16. derek39

derek39 IncGamers Member

ok well yea i post alot here and what im about might singe your *** hairs.....

FIRST off to think you know **** about whats even happening and trying to combat myths is retarded when theres so much evidence proving YOU wrong. SECOND to think that that picture is in fact arthas or a protoss is probably a higher possiblilty that it really isnt. why would they have a slow changing daily picture for some **** we already know about!?....
    and diablo 3 from a marketing stance NOT going to make money!? hardley! you muset be the stupidest person in the entire world if you think that diablo 3 would not sell even if it turned out to be a completely ****ty game people would still buy it because its DIABLO maybe not a long term sell but you can trust me....it WILL sell. another thing...releasing 3 different types of genres at ONCE!? thats genious to me. they will reach an audience like no other game company has before. WoW let alone has over a million users! even if they produce a game that doesnt sell blizzard will most likely not suffer from it unless WoW some how went down the ****ter some point in time. personally i love both WoW and Diablo but ill switch over to a better diablo any day. OH YEA you might want to move. people are probably tracking you IP and going to murder you for posting this! lol
    -happy flaming everyone!!!!!-

17. mooxhns

mooxhns IncGamers Member

I would say studying economics and marketing at the college level and serving on numerous committees with budget oversight ranging from 200,000 to 30,000,000 dollars gives me some validity in my argument for the financial liability of such an announcement in comparison to the kids here that haven't even finished highschool...

Now, if you are questioning my statements about the claws, the eyes, or the fact that 5 symbols around a circle form a pentagram then I suggest you get a pair of glasses because that its clear as day...

18. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Please keep the swearing off the forums here, it's not appropriate and it will not be tolerated.

We don't allow flaming here, do it and risk being banned from the forums here. This applies to everyone.

19. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

It actually makes sense for them to release Diablo 3. They rule 9 million people with WoW, they have a whole, 1st class, country that REVOLVES around starcraft. All that is lefting is to fill the hole in the ARPG fans' hearts because in 8 years NOONE could beat Diablo 2. Blizzard pretty much left this genre open for domination but no one succeeded, now its their turn to reinstate their rule over ARPGs. Not really reinstate but just update it, afterall its about time.

Plus ARPG audiences and MMO audiences are diferent. They wont kill off WoW with D3. They wont mutually exclude themselves.

20. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Member

1.8 billion a year...one last time, finances are not an issue when it comes to Activision/Blizzard making games they KNOW will be successful