Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorcyone's D2 1.10 bug list

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by sorcyone, Apr 26, 2005.

1. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Sorcyone's D2 1.10 bug list

Sorcyone's D2 1.10 bug list version 0.9 last updated 20 Apr 2005

This is a compiled list of established bugs appearing on the Realms. SP or mod bugs only are not listed.

Gameplay :

1. Andariel drop bug. If after killing her for the first time you talk to town NPC, then everyone time after she drops as if you were killing her for the first time (enhanced drop).

2. Opening a chest in a corner can move you behind the chest, and stuck unable to move if you have no teleport. This is most annoying for a necro since you have to rejoin the game.

3. ed/max ed/min jewels do not add ed in armour including shield, but do work in weapon. Can anyone confirm if this a display bug or full bug ? Armor_biff claims this still works on mercs ?

4. Upgrades of ethereal armour do not gain the defense bonus.

5. Changing attack in the middle of a leap attack can leave you stuck unable to leap attack. Another cause is being stunned during the leap.

6. Charges in items add synergy bonus if no point shave been placed in the spell. Examples are MarrowWalk for L33 Bone Prison, and Baezil's vortex for L15 Nova, Metalgrid for Level 22 Iron Golem.
    Can anyone confirm if this affects % chance to cast, eg wield Boneslayer Blade for Level 20 Holy Bolt, and wear Thundergod's Vigor 5% Chance To Cast Level 7 Fist Of The Heavens When Struck, does this increase bolt damage by 300% ?

7. Gloams/black souls do too much damage with their lightning attack. Their melee damage is incorrectly added to their ranged attack.

8. Merc loses aura granted from item when dies. Solution is to pick up and drop the item back on the merc.

9. Charge bug.

10. When merc levels up, Battle Orders and Oak Sage turn off. Take off and put back on any item with +life solves the problem.

11. Ctrl+left click any item that cannot be sold results in disconnect.

12. Display bug : When not having the sufficient amount of strength/dex but having enough through an item bonus, some items equipped might not appear to other players.

13. Flamebellow bug: casting inferno and leaping causes you to become almost a "ghost", unhitable by attacks but unable to hit anything yourself. It's a useless item anyway.

14. Sometimes Baal doesn't spawn his minions. There are a number of causes, main one being leftover bone wall.

15. Leapers hit with cold attacks will sometimes be left alive with 1 hit point, will still attack you but cannot be attacked. Note telekenesis will kill them (useful for a sorceress). I guess it forces their interrupted leap to complete.

16. Hotkey problem with tomes - just don't keep a tome in your stash.

17. Alt click on stash leaves you unable to select anything. Alt click on stash again solves this.

Realm :

1. Switch accounts/characters too quick can leave you with REALM DOWN for 3 minutes. Fast computers are more susceptible to this.

2. Occasionally, death crashes the game and leaves you with REALM DOWN for 60 minutes and not dead.

3. In certain places such as opening door coming back from Outer Cloister you can be running still, which can be used to keep the game open. Can anyone confirm this as a Realm or Game issue ?

4. WW sometimes gets broken such that when you try to whirl you do not move or attack, you just whirl in place. Rejoining game fixes. Can anyone confirm this as a Realm or Game issue ? Has anyone had this bug on less than speed 8 hits/whirls ?

5. Games still crash as much as they used to in 1.09 - watch out muling. Anyone get game crashes in SP ?

6. Moving items from/to cube a lot can leave you stuck unable to select any objects on the ground or NPCs. Rejoining game fixes. Another cause is spamming a certain spell eg telekinesis (DarkY).

Fixed bugs:

1. Diablo clone no longer dies to Shenk/Blood Raven death explosion.

2. Grinding sell bug fixed.

Unconfirmed game bugs :

1. As in 1.09, drops are not distributed perfectly randomly. Same base type drops seem to occur quite a lot, especially for drops within the same second, eg 2 set rings, set CB + unique CB, 2 elite uniques from 2 monsters in the same second. It may be Blizzard is using the clock as part of the random seed. This might also explain why you get periods of time where drops are huge, and periods when drops are terrible. (Yes I have studied Statistical Mathematics so I understand random distributions.)
    I also may be hidden MF penalties are being applied to short games to penalise potential botters.
    Another theory is based on time of day/date. Anyone remember Dungeon Keeper used to reveal secret levels on certain days of the year.

2. Ranged attacks may deal damage when hitting people IN TOWN. happyface95 can you be a bit more specific please, eg do you mean being chased by guided arrows ?

3. Fire arrows from skeleton rogues seem to do way more damage than cold arrows.

2. RTB

RTB Diabloii.Net Member

This may not be the only requirement, Thrugg speculated that completing the imbue quest cancels the bug.

This bug is somewhat more complex. Ed%/min in armor or shields adds the ed% only to the max dmg, and ed%/max adds only ed% to the min dmg. Ed%/min/max adds no ed%. The order in which you put jewels in can also matter.

When upgrading the durability also gets set to pre-ethereal values.

All skills get synergized, just not all types of skill adding synergize others. Oskills don't IIRC. Chance to cast doesn't either.

Their mana burn dmg for the melee attack is used for the lightning. It's about 200 - 300 lightning dmg. Tainted have the same bug, although a bit less powerful.

Shouldn't this be at realm bugs?

When str/dex from charms is required to equip items, other players can't see them on your character.

There are more places where you can do that, such as the Jail levels in act 1. Game issue.

And this will never be confirmed.

Could you explain this one?

3. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Sorcyone's D2 1.10 bug list version 0.91 last updated 27 Apr 2005

This is a compiled list of established bugs appearing on the Realms. SP or mod bugs only are not listed.
    Updated with info from RTB except for : Items can be used to equip eg I use a strength ring to equip War trav, then I take the ring off and the +10 strength war trav grants keeps it usable. Is the war trav still visible ?

Gameplay :

1. Andariel drop bug. If after killing her for the first time you talk to town NPC, then everyone time after she drops as if you were killing her for the first time (enhanced drop). Thrugg speculates that completing the imbue quest cancels the bug.

2. Opening a chest in a corner can move you behind the chest, and stuck unable to move if you have no teleport. This is most annoying for a necro since you have to rejoin the game.

3. ed/max ed/min jewels do not add ed in armour including shield, but do work in weapon. Can anyone confirm if this a display bug or full bug ? Armor_biff claims this still works on mercs ?
    Ed%/min in armor or shields adds the ed% only to the max dmg, and ed%/max adds only ed% to the min dmg. Ed%/min/max adds no ed%. The order in which you put jewels in can also matter.

4. Upgrades of ethereal armour do not gain the defense bonus of 50% that ethereal normally gets.
    Also the durability gets set to non-ethereal values. The strength requirement remains as 10 less than normal.

5. Changing attack in the middle of a leap attack can leave you stuck unable to leap attack. Another cause is being stunned during the leap.

6. Charges in items add synergy bonus to other charges or cast spells if no point shave been placed in the spell. Examples are MarrowWalk for L33 Bone Prison, and Baezil's vortex for L15 Nova, Metalgrid for Level 22 Iron Golem, Bloodmoon for Level 15 Blood Golem. % Chance to cast spells are not affected.

7. Gloams/black souls do too much damage with their lightning attack. Their mana burn damage is incorrectly used for their ranged attack, which is about 200 - 300 lightning damage. Tainted have the same bug, although a bit less powerful.

8. Merc loses aura granted from item when dies. Solution is to pick up and drop the item back on the merc.

9. Charge bug.

10. When merc levels up, Battle Orders and Oak Sage turn off. Take off and put back on any item with +life solves the problem.

11. Alt click on stash leaves you unable to select anything. Alt click on stash again solves this.

12. Display bug : When not having the sufficient amount of strength/dex but having enough through an item bonus, some items equipped might not appear to other players.

13. Flamebellow bug: casting inferno and leaping causes you to become almost a "ghost", unhitable by attacks but unable to hit anything yourself. It's a useless item anyway.

14. Sometimes Baal doesn't spawn his minions. There are a number of causes, main one being leftover bone wall.

15. Leapers hit with cold attacks will sometimes be left alive with 1 hit point, will still attack you but cannot be attacked. Note telekenesis will kill them (useful for a sorceress). I guess it forces their interrupted leap to complete.

16. Hotkey problem with tomes - just don't keep a tome in your stash.

17. In certain places such as opening door coming back from Outer Cloister you can be running still, which can be used to keep the game open. Can anyone confirm this as a Realm or Game issue ?
    In the Rogue camp standing behind the wall SW of Akara and clicking on Akara will in 50% of games trigger the running still.

Realm :

1. Switch accounts/characters too quick can leave you with REALM DOWN for 3 minutes. Fast computers are more susceptible to this.

2. Occasionally, death crashes the game and leaves you with REALM DOWN for 60 minutes and not dead.

3. WW sometimes gets broken such that when you try to whirl you do not move or attack, you just whirl in place. Rejoining game fixes. Can anyone confirm this as a Realm or Game issue ? Has anyone had this bug on less than speed 8 hits/whirls ?

4. Games still crash as much as they used to in 1.09 - watch out muling. Anyone get game crashes in SP ?

5. Moving items from/to cube a lot can leave you stuck unable to select any objects on the ground or NPCs. Rejoining game fixes. Another cause is spamming a certain spell eg telekinesis (DarkY).

6. Ctrl+left click any item that cannot be sold results in disconnect.

Fixed bugs:

1. Diablo clone no longer dies to Shenk/Blood Raven death explosion.

2. Grinding sell bug fixed.

Unconfirmed game bugs :

1. As in 1.09, drops are not distributed perfectly randomly. Same base type drops seem to occur quite a lot, especially for drops within the same second, eg 2 set rings, set CB + unique CB, 2 elite uniques from 2 monsters in the same second. It may be Blizzard is using the clock as part of the random seed. This might also explain why you get periods of time where drops are huge, and periods when drops are terrible. (Yes I have studied Statistical Mathematics so I understand random distributions.)
    I also may be hidden MF penalties are being applied to short games to penalise potential botters.
    Another theory is based on time of day/date. Anyone remember Dungeon Keeper used to reveal secret levels on certain days of the year.

2. Ranged attacks may deal damage when hitting people IN TOWN. happyface95 can you be a bit more specific please, eg do you mean being chased by guided arrows ?

3. Fire arrows from skeleton rogues seem to do way more damage than cold arrows.

4. rykros1987

rykros1987 Diabloii.Net Member

I've actually done testing on this once and i'd like to point out the chance to cast part. I used oath with a zealot and tested with marrow walks(the lv 20 bs from oath) and i used a crap shield so damage didnt matter vs the fallen in hell and i tested with and without there was liek a 3x damage in increase from the marrow walks for the bs cast upon chance from the oath. it does work =P how old is this thread anyway...and I finaslly got around to this forum again lol Edit: wow like a month old? LOL

5. Tarantella

Tarantella Diabloii.Net Member

When my low level necros level up the skellies they have in play that have been cast using skills on items all collapse and have to be recast.

Is that normal or a bug?

6. Bert

Bert Diabloii.Net Member

Can't u just open a TP?

Bert

7. RTB

RTB Diabloii.Net Member

Players don't see boots anyway. It would still work.

Full bug. If you were to put in a 40% ed jewel in a helm, and then a 30 max one, it would work just fine. The problem starts when there's +min or +max before the ed%, and for ed/min or ed/max or ed/min/max it just so happens that the +dmg is counted first, making them bugged.

Same for Charge.

Chance to cast skills are synergized, but don't give synergies.

If the str/dex required for an armor/weapon comes from charms other players do not see it.

I'd classify it as a funny and useful feature.

Normal.

8. Armor_Biff

Armor_Biff Diabloii.Net Member

I have one thing that annoys me, bug or not. Sometimes when I play with friends, the game suddenly just dies and everyone gets "connection interrupted". Well... thats not so good, but why cant any of us make a new game rightaway ? It just says "join failed" when any of us tries to create. Usually we have to wait around 10-15 minutes.

About those ed/min/max jewels. I heard the reason it worked on my merc was because the jewel was rare. But I really dont have a good explanation for this, other than that these jewels worked just fine in 1.09 (why "fix" something that is not broken ?). RTB knows alot more about these bugs than I do anyway.

9. befkonijn

befkonijn Diabloii.Net Member

i had following problem for some time now on my pala...

when i press f2 to teleport then it works but if i stop teleporting and spam hammers with f1 (conc) AND then go back to teleport, it wont work from time to time... this is not always but sometimes i can just press f2 as many times as i want and nothing happens :p

weird i know

sollution = lift and replace enigma on char

10. Atticus

Atticus Diabloii.Net Member

a minor bug you can add, if you're wearing an enigma, and pick up an item that has +teleport (a staff/orb), your teleport will be disabled until you leave game/remove enigma + rewear. if you so much as roll your mouse over that staff/orb, this will happen again.

11. probowl278

probowl278 Diabloii.Net Member

Vipers poison clouds are bugged in Nihl's lair in act 5

12. DeMeVeR

DeMeVeR Diabloii.Net Member

and the non english version aura bug

where items that give auras like beast
    make your game crash when u put your mousecursor on it
    there are some tricks to counter it and it can be patched in some languages

13. pwn

pwn Diabloii.Net Member

Can i get a clearer explanation of the andariel bug?

Is it only in hell difficutly?
    Can i move on to act 2 and 3 and 4? kill diablo?
    After i kill her for first time which NPCs do i speak to?
    When i kiler her second, third, forth... do i need to speak to same npcs after each kill?

14. Orphan

Orphan Diabloii.Net Member

No, it's any difficulty level

Yes, you can continue on through the other Acts after "activating" the bug, and it won't affect it what-so-ever.

My understanding, is that you talk to Warriv and choose to continue to Act 2 straight after killing Andarial for the first time (when you get the quest). Some people claim that you need to talk to others, but I'm confident that you only need to talk to Warriv.

No. You only need to talk to Warriv the first time to activate it after completing the "Kill Andarial" quest. You do not need to do anything special for any subsequent kills.

Keep in mind that (to my knowledge) this bug isn't even confirmed. There's no logical way to determine whether or not each Andy drop is classed a quest drop or just plain luck. Still, it's not too difficult to do anyway.

15. probowl278

probowl278 Diabloii.Net Member

For the Andariel drop bug, you must leave one quest open, it doesn't matter who you talk to after killing her.

16. pwn

pwn Diabloii.Net Member

So basically i just do andy quest just i would in any normal game. killing her and talking to warriv to complete. the only thing is that i need to leave one quest open?
    What did you say do i still need to talk to warriv after each subsequent kill?

17. Feetstench

Feetstench Diabloii.Net Member

I got dirivative of this.

I have a lev 87 act2 freeze merc. Equipped with a Shaft, ETH Colossal Voulge (Insight), and Tals Mask socketed with a per Ammy (The Strenght Gem if Amma is wrong)

The Gemmed Tals is to make the Str req for the Voulge. When the Merc Dies I can ressurect him and ree-quipt the Weapon all night and the Aura from insight will not appear. I have to start a new game for it to come back on. :confused:

18. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Never heard of this. Are you sure ? It only displays one aura at a time, and your character will only share the aura when out of town. Go out of town and check your mana regen. The meditation aura should apply immediately when the weapon is equipped.
    Is this Realm ladder or SP mod ?

19. VinKelRix

VinKelRix Diabloii.Net Member

Macintosh Single Player Bugs

There are some repeatable issues that are probably specific to the Mac version.I only play Single Player.

Mac OS 9 & OS X: Some doors appear closed, but they behave as if open. This occurs in Tal Rasha's Tombs and simular environs. I think thing are back in sync after opening and closing the door.

Mac OS 9 only: Putting a Barbarian only helmit crashes the program. This one lost me some nice goodies. :( :(

20. Orphan

Orphan Diabloii.Net Member

This one does happen on Windows too, though I've mostly experienced it with the doors in the Jail areas, or the Inner/Outer Cloister doors.