Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorcs are my friends

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cerebron, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Sorcs are my friends

In one of today's games, a clvl 90 sorc and I helped some Hell beginners in Act 2. I was amazed by how well the two characters could work together, so perfectly.

Necro:
    Massive Meat Tank: 11 Skeletons, 5 Mages, 13 Revives (Full Army not always needed), lvl 86 Might Merc, Glay Golem
    Slvl 18 Lower Resist

Sorc:
    Teleport the map
    Crazy Blizzard. I never played a sorc, but I could tell it did fantastic damage.

It's beautiful combination. The necro's minions would "stablize" the monsters and ideally gather them together. Then Lower Resist curse. The sorc's blizzard can attack the enemy all at once. It's unbelievable efficient.

I didn't revive, scared by the lag. I didn't bother to CE, either, which was however a very powerful weapon of some necro builds.

2. SureWin4

SureWin4 IncGamers Member

yes... me and this necro one time teamed up pretty well too... he had lower resis.. i had my lighting sentries... also some death sentrys.... minions hold them while i punched.. with my lighting traps... it was fantastic!! and cool...

3. Simca

Simca IncGamers Member

WoW!

Everyone come and see, there is a post in the Nec forum that says good stuff about Sorcs!

Ah well. Congrats. Maybe you should try it from the other point of view, too: play the sorc and party with a necro. It's cool from both sides, I can tell that. :)

4. nataku00

nataku00 IncGamers Member

Necs are everyone's best friend in party, remember that :p

Even back in classic d2, I remember my summoner and a sorc/zon could mow through chaos sanc runs (ah, the good ole days).

The only time a necro is an unwanted party member is when they start bone prisoning/walling....

5. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Some of the Neco's do have a Sorc (I know that Beatboxer, TheFatty, and myself do) from the west ladder group.

HoS

6. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

yea, I have a lvl 90 sorc on ladder, and she LOVES it when lr is cast on things... she's a meteorb sorc, and the meteor i have (normally does 13k damage) feels like it does more than twice that amount when enemies have lr! same with orb... helps the cold mastery out a ton, and can negate those immunities before cold mastery kicks in so the daamge goes from zero to a LOT with some monsters.

Curses are great for any party, and the skele meat sheilds have become much more important for 1.10. The only bad thing about a necro are those n00b necs who continually cast the wrong (or a very inefficient) curse... esp if they're overriding another nec's curses that would actually help.

I've seen weakness cast on O knights, IM cast on bosses like meph and baal.... when will they learn!!

--fatty

7. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Hey, it was my skelemancers (with bad point allocation I guess) only way to solo Andy, Duri, Meph and Diablo :p Baal was a pushover luckily.