Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorceress -> Sorcerer

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by yohan_oberg, Nov 4, 2006.

1. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

Maybe Cain also have some hidden capabilities. Maybe he can do double flip backwards with turn on 180° do a kick in the air and land with legs wide spread :cool:

I bet hi was dancing rock-n-roll when he was young.

2. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

When he was young? What, like you haven't seen him doing his ninja-fu in town? Cain is a spry old man...that's why monsters don't go into town. They don't want to get anally raped by Cain. (I'd make an inappropriate joke about how he is kind of a priest, and his religion is slightly like Catholicism, and how this all relates to...well...I think you can see where I'm going with this...:evil:).

3. mD insaNe

mD insaNe Diabloii.Net Member

Could someone explain this process in more detail?(sorry i've never used an mpg ediotr before but think this is a cool thing). I found the d2char and NE folder, but when i extract all the sub folders i dont know what to do next. It says "File was extracted successfully and stored into folder with filelists." I have no idea what to do next.

4. Sgraffite

Sgraffite Diabloii.Net Member

Find where you extracted the files to and start renaming them. You'll notice that they all have "NE" at the beginning of them, so change that to "SO". You will also need to rename the "NE" folder to "SO". Basically anything that has "NE" change to "SO". You want the game to think the necromancer graphics are for a sorceress.

Once you have them all renamed you place them into your Diablo 2 folder. When you extracted them they should be in a data folder. So for example if you game is installed to C:\Program Files\Diablo 2\ you will place the files and folders there. Then the path to the modified files should be C:\Program Files\Diablo 2\data\d2char\SO\. Obviously if your game is installed somewhere else modify the game path accordingly.

Once all files have been renamed and placed into the correct location, run the game with the -direct switch. You can either modify the shortcut to do that or run the game from the command prompt. When you get in the game check to see if your sorceress looks like a necro. If not, you'll have some troubleshooting to do.

5. mD insaNe

looks very time consuming, i'll work on it gradually. Was wondering, would this work on multiplayer closed battle.net?

6. mD insaNe

like do you just see yourself as a necro or does everyone see you as a necro?

7. Sgraffite

Sgraffite Diabloii.Net Member

It only changes your graphics locally.

8. yohan_oberg

yohan_oberg Diabloii.Net Member

+
    However, You will see every other sorc out there as a necro. There will be no sorc-grapics in the game if you mod the game like this. Its a bit sad, but inevitable.

9. Bandit

Bandit Diabloii.Net Member

So, in conclusion, you CAN play as a sorcerer, just as long as you don't mind having roomfuls of pasty white males ;)