Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sorceress Question (Telekenesis)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by hearshot03., Apr 7, 2004.

1. hearshot03.

hearshot03. IncGamers Member

Sorceress Question (Telekenesis)

Hey everyone! I was wondering why I have seen a few different guides where people max telekenesis? Is there something I dont know about this skill? One guide a saw, A Blizzard MF guide, the person said you should put 20 points into that skill. If anyone could clear this up for me it would be highly appreciated.
    thanks,
    hearshot

2. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

You only need to max telekenesis if you use energy shield. Why? Well normally for each point of dmg energy shield absorbs, your mana goes down 2 points. With extra points in telekenesis the ratio is smaller, I think you can get below one for one but I'm not sure, ask Zarhrezz he should know more.

3. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

TK has a synergy with Energy Shield. Normally, for each point of damage ES absorbs, you lose 2 mana. As you put more points in TK, the ratio gets better, hitting 1:1 when TK is (I think) level 16, and getting a bit better at level 20.

Note that because it's a synergy effect, you need to have 'real' points in TK to benefit; +skills gear won't affect the synergy.

See the Energy Shield Sorc guide that Zarhrezz posted; it'll tell you all you ever wanted to know about it. :)

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Just to clarify slvl that are important

telekinsis lvl 16 gives a 1 to 1 ratio of mana to health
    telekinsis lvl 20 gives a .75 to 1 ratio of mana to health

So in other words once you break the lvl 16 barrier you lose less mana from energy shield then health you would have lost from the attack blocked by energy shield. I think its slvl 32 that would produce 0 to 1 ratio of mana to health but since the lvl 20 cap exist no one can get that high of a lvl from synergize.

5. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Haha, yeah, can you imagine that? Sorcy running around with maxed ES and a mess of +skills, absorbing 95% of all damage except poison/OW/CB, and none of it impacting her mana. It would be a melee sorcy's dream come true. :)

6. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Until she met a Mana Burn boss, at which point she would die in about 0.02 seconds.

7. Almighty Cow

Almighty Cow IncGamers Member

I thought ES was bugged anyway? Something about how elemental damage goes through ES before resists?

8. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

It's been stated about 10.000 times that that's not a bug, but a change in damage stack handling order. Imo, 1.10 ES is better than 1.09 ES.